The graphic novels loved by children and adults alike
Oct 23rd, 2014, 2:00 pm
Bigg Time: A Farcical Fable of Fleeting Fame by Ty Templeton
Requirements: CBR Reader, 256 MB.
Overview: After a freak accident allows Lester Biggs to see and interact with his guardian angel, the homeless, aspiring actor learns that all of his misfortunes are the direct result of his bored celestial protector's twisted machinations. Hoping to make amends for ruining his charge's life for his own amusement, the mischievous angel grants Lester his greatest desire, to be famous. Now in a humorous and satirical series of events that exposes the absurdity of the entertainment industry, Lester encounters insane talent agents, gorgeous groupies, abducting aliens and a secret society based on hair loss on his road to instant stardom as a movie star, a recording artist, and a TV personality.

Genre: Comics, Graphic Novel, Humour-Satire.

Bigg Time: A Farcical Fable of Fleeting Fame
    Ty Templeton artist, cover, letterer, writer
    Heidi MacDonald, Jenette Kahn, Joan Hilty, Zachary Rau editor
    Paul Levitz production
    Published Vertigo, 2002.

Reviewed by John Kirk, Feb 01, 2012
        I enjoyed reading this, but I don't really have much to say about it. There are quite a few funny scenes, and I agree with the idea that fame for its own sake is pointless. The religious aspects don't really go anywhere, so this would have worked equally well with Mr Mxyzptlk (from Superman) or The Great Gazoo (from The Flintstones); if you want to read a better exploration of a similar religious idea, I strongly recommend Mike Carey's Lucifer series.

When this was published, it was significant for being TPB length without being printed in monthly installments first. Some people wondered whether this was the shape of things to come, to counter the "wait for the trade" mentality amongst comic readers. There have been a few similar projects since then, e.g. Fables: 1001 Nights of Snowfall, but it's still fairly unusual.

Download Instructions:
http://www.gboxes.com/fr84gp7as8rp -- Bigg Time: A Farcical Fable of Fleeting Fame (2002)

Oct 23rd, 2014, 2:00 pm

Labor Omnia Vincit Improbus... Hard Work Conquers Everything!