Welcome to Mobilism...

the single largest user-powered database of apps, games and books for mobile device users of all platforms! With millions of users and releases, Mobilism is one of the largest and oldest mobile content sites, as well as, in our opinion, by far the most organized one.

Sit back, download some books, learn something new, and enjoy your stay! When you're ready, you can head to the forums by Clicking Here.

Posted by: rainsky at Today, 2:27 am in

The Elementary Forms of the Religious Life by Émile Durkheim
Requirements: .M4A/.M4B reader, 546 MB
Overview: Religion is at the heart of man’s societies. ‘For a long time,’ Durkheim writes early on in his book, ‘it has been known that the first systems of representations with which men have pictured to themselves the world and themselves were of religious origin.’ Durkheim decided to examine how and why this phenomenon functioned and evolved - by looking specifically at simple societies and their religions, rather than at religions in more complex or developed societies. By examining the religious belief systems, their stories and their structures from sociological and anthropological perspectives, he set out to explore the way religions emerged from the group and what they represented for the group. All judgments on the religious content were suspended. What were the practices, the ethics, what were the beliefs, and how did they reflect and interact with the society from which they sprang?
Genre: Audiobooks > Non-Fiction

View full post | Post reply
Posted by: rainsky at Today, 1:44 am in

Sky Warriors: British Airborne Forces in the Second World War by Saul David
Requirements: .M4A/.M4B reader, 409 MB
Overview: From bestselling historian Saul David, a riveting new history of the British airborne experience across the Second World War. The legendary ‘Red Devils’ were among the finest combat troops of the Second World War. Created at Churchill’s instigation in June 1940, they began as a single parachute battalion of 500 men and grew into three 10,000-strong airborne divisions: the 1st, 6th and 44th Indian, each composed of parachutists and glider-borne troops. Wearing their distinctive maroon berets, steel helmets and Dennison smocks, they served with distinction in every major theatre of the conflict – including North Africa, Sicily, mainland Europe and the Far East – and played a starring role in some most iconic airborne operations in history: the Bruneval Raid of February 1942; the capture of the Primasole, Pegasus and Arnhem Bridges in July 1943, June 1944 and September 1944 respectively; and Operation Varsity, the biggest parachute drop in history, near Wesel in Germany in March 1945.

Posted by: rainsky at Today, 1:31 am in

Nostalgia: A History of a Dangerous Emotion by Agnes Arnold-Forster
Requirements: .M4A/.M4B reader, 239 MB
Overview: In Nostalgia: A History of a Dangerous Emotion, Agnes Arnold-Forster blends neuroscience and psychology with the history of medicine and emotions to explore the evolution of nostalgia from its first identification in seventeenth-century Switzerland (when it was held to be an illness that could, quite literally, kill you) to the present day (when it is co-opted by advertising agencies and politicians alike to sell us goods and policies). Nostalgia is a social and political emotion, vulnerable to misuse, and one that reflects the anxieties of the age. It is one of the many ways we communicate a desire for the past, dissatisfaction with the present and our visions for the future. Arnold-Forster’s fascinating history of this complex, slippery emotion is a lens through which to consider the changing pace of society, our collective feelings of regret, dislocation and belonging, the conditions of modern and contemporary work, and the politics of fear and anxiety. It is also a clear-eyed analysis of what we are doing now, how we feel about it and what we might want to change about the world we live in.

Posted by: rainsky at Today, 1:19 am in

Upgrade Your Brain: Unlock Your Life’s Full Potential by Patrick Holford
Requirements: .M4A/.M4B reader, 345 MB
Overview: Do you often feel exhausted and negative? Do you spend your days feeling tired and wired? Your nights unable to fall asleep easily, or without a drink? Do you wake up anxious and stressed and in need a coffee to get going? Do you forget what you were doing, forget people’s names and where you put things? Is your mental acuity and memory slipping? Are you concerned about your memory or mental wellbeing? Something depressing is happen to humanity, and possibly even you. Our brains are degenerating and – in parallel – we’re seeing a worrying increase in mental illness across the world. Rates of anxiety, depression, dementia, ADHD and autism are all increasing at an alarming rate across the globe. According to the World Health Organisation, our declining brain health is the greatest threat we face – more than cancer, diabetes or obesity. Individually and collectively,though, we can optimise our brain health and cognitive function – to improve mood, memory, stress resilience, sleep and ability to focus. How? By understanding the powerful effects that nutrition and other holistic lifestyle factors can have on our brains. In Upgrade Your Brain, bestselling author Patrick Holford will draw on his 40 years’ of expertise – as well as countless experts from around the world – to teach us all how to reverse the tide.

Posted by: VielBiern at Yesterday, 8:27 pm in

Tangling with Trolls (Haven Ever After, #2) by Hazel Mack / Narrated by Mason Lloyd, Mia Barron
Requirements: .MP3 player, 218 mb
Overview: A month ago, I had no idea that monsters lived in hidden towns.

Surprise! The tiny New England town of Ever is a haven for them. Vampire brothers run the coffee shop. Werewolf bikers will fix your car. I can sort of wrap my mind around that.

But then I meet Ohken Stonesmith, a bridge troll and all-around badass. He's way older than me, crazy confident, and he owns the town's only flower shop. In short—he's my ideal man.

The second surprise? I'm a green witch! When I struggle to use my newly discovered magic, Ohken offers to teach me, although his methods aren't exactly conventional. He's a big fan of teasing me and making me crazy enough to get out of my own head. As our lessons grow more heated, I realize I'm falling for not only this wacky little town but also the quiet male who's my biggest cheerleader.

Unfortunately, not all monsters want to live in peace. When evil sneaks past Ever's protective wards, I want to help. The problem is I keep blowing things up instead of fixing them. I've got to get control of my power fast, or Ever—and my budding romance with Ohken—will be in deep trouble.
Genre: Audiobooks > Fiction

Posted by: VielBiern at Yesterday, 7:29 pm in

A Room Made of Leaves by Kate Grenville / Narrated by Valerie Bader
Requirements: .MP3 player, 256 mb
Overview: What if Elizabeth Macarthur – wife of the notorious John Macarthur, wool baron in early Sydney – had written a shockingly frank secret memoir?

In her introduction Kate Grenville tells, tongue firmly in cheek, of discovering a long-hidden box containing that memoir. What follows is a playful dance of possibilities between the real and the invented.

Grenville's Elizabeth Macarthur is a passionate woman managing her complicated life-marriage to a ruthless bully, the impulses of her own heart and the search for power in a society that gave her none - with spirit, cunning and sly wit.

Her memoir reveals the dark underbelly of the polite world of Jane Austen. It explodes the stereotype of the women of the past - devoted and docile, accepting of their narrow choices. That was their public face - here's what one of them really thought.

At the heart of this book is one of the most toxic issues of our times – the seductive appeal of false stories. Beneath the surface of Elizabeth Macarthur's life and the violent colonial world she navigated are secrets and lies with the dangerous power to shape reality.

Posted by: VielBiern at Yesterday, 7:24 pm in

The Coronation Party by Norma Curtis / Narrated by Deryn Edwards
Requirements: .MP3 player, 275 mb
Overview: Summer, 1953. The sun is shining on Little Green Street, the bunting is being brought out, and Britain is getting ready to crown its new Queen.

Except Helen Jones doesn't feel much like celebrating. Her father passed away last year, on the very same day as King George. Life hasn't felt the same ever since.

Her husband Tad has a plan. As the newly-appointed chair of the small town's Coronation Tea Party committee, he's hoping that the day will be the perfect moment to bring a spark of joy back to their little family - and to the whole community.

But then Helen gets a letter from her mum in London, and she realises she has a bigger dream - she's going to go to see the new Queen...

Posted by: VielBiern at Yesterday, 7:17 pm in

Dumb Luck and Dead Heroes series (#1-3) by Skyler Ramirez / Narrated by Michael Murphy
Requirements: .MP3 player, 253 mb
Overview: Skyler Ramirez writes science fiction and fantasy that entertains, thrills, uplifts, and inspires. His books contain surprising plot twists that keep you guessing, exciting universes that fuel the imagination, and thought-provoking drama that keeps you coming back for more. But at the end of the day, all of his writing centers around one theme: how relatively ordinary men and women can do extraordinary things. As a student of history, he believes this to be true and loves exploring the motivations, deeply held beliefs, and dreams of his characters. Skyler writes books that adults will enjoy but that he wouldn’t be embarrassed or worried for his teenage children to read. He feels that great stories don’t need foul language, graphic scenes, or other window dressing to make them exciting. A good story stands on its own. Mr. Ramirez lives with his wife, Lindsey, and their four children in Texas. When he is not writing, he has been and continues to be a leader and executive with multiple Fortune 500 and Fortune 1000 companies.

Image Image Image