Keep yourself informed!
Oct 16th, 2020, 12:26 am
pulsatingsausage wrote:Anyone else suddenly getting a “You are forbidden to access the page!” message?

What link are you getting this error for?
Oct 16th, 2020, 12:26 am
Oct 20th, 2020, 1:39 am
On public wifi I have used in the past I am now getting this message:
You are not authorised to read this forum. The topic may have been deleted or moved. If you reached this site via google or another search engine use forum search instead.
It says this if I try to do a search or open a book category
Oct 20th, 2020, 1:39 am
Oct 21st, 2020, 2:06 am
Trying to download using the premium arrows... being told a 4.2 mb file will take 3 hours. An 8 mb file was going to take 18 hours. I went through the non-premium link and I had it in 10 seconds. Even a 1,400 kb book is downloading at BITS per second, taking hours. I'm on FiOS. My speeds right now are 80mpbs up/down. Just downloaded a video from netflix in no time. So I think something's not right.
Edited to add I went to another post, 18.8 mb. Two premium links. Both said 20 minutes plus to get. Went to the site directly, took 20 seconds. It's downloading TO the premium box quickly, but when it actually comes to my computer is when it slows down to nothing. Never happened before right now.
Oct 21st, 2020, 2:06 am
Oct 21st, 2020, 2:31 am
iris318 wrote:Trying to download using the premium arrows... being told a 4.2 mb file will take 3 hours. An 8 mb file was going to take 18 hours. I went through the non-premium link and I had it in 10 seconds. Even a 1,400 kb book is downloading at BITS per second, taking hours. I'm on FiOS. My speeds right now are 80mpbs up/down. Just downloaded a video from netflix in no time. So I think something's not right.
Edited to add I went to another post, 18.8 mb. Two premium links. Both said 20 minutes plus to get. Went to the site directly, took 20 seconds. It's downloading TO the premium box quickly, but when it actually comes to my computer is when it slows down to nothing. Never happened before right now.

That's very strange, the only possibility I could think of is there is a routing issue somewhere between our server and you. Usually these kinds of things get resolved relatively quickly (in minutes or 48 hours at most).
Oct 21st, 2020, 2:31 am
Oct 21st, 2020, 12:35 pm
Disk4mat wrote:
iris318 wrote:Trying to download using the premium arrows... being told a 4.2 mb file will take 3 hours. An 8 mb file was going to take 18 hours. I went through the non-premium link and I had it in 10 seconds. Even a 1,400 kb book is downloading at BITS per second, taking hours. I'm on FiOS. My speeds right now are 80mpbs up/down. Just downloaded a video from netflix in no time. So I think something's not right.
Edited to add I went to another post, 18.8 mb. Two premium links. Both said 20 minutes plus to get. Went to the site directly, took 20 seconds. It's downloading TO the premium box quickly, but when it actually comes to my computer is when it slows down to nothing. Never happened before right now.

That's very strange, the only possibility I could think of is there is a routing issue somewhere between our server and you. Usually these kinds of things get resolved relatively quickly (in minutes or 48 hours at most).


Went back now to test one of the larger premium links. This time completed in 20 seconds, so looks like (for now) it's all back to normal. I'd never seen it before so I had no idea what might be wrong (and not being a VPN or aggressive firewall either) but thank you so much for giving that answer, even if you weren't 100% sure it was the issue, at least it made more sense than it just not working anymore and "wait for it to be resolved" is far less worrying than "change several settings and hope".

I know sometimes when I have to go to non-premium links I get hit with excessive ads that block me even clicking on downloads, or sometimes time-delays to get files, or a slower file, but to have a premium not even dowloading at 1kilobyte was the weirdest thing ever when going to that very site gave me the whole folder in seconds. But all resolved for now and I know what might be going on and to wait next time, so thanks again for shedding a little light on a possibility.
Oct 21st, 2020, 12:35 pm
Oct 22nd, 2020, 2:54 pm
10. I have to login each time for the Premium Downloader.
I have this problem with Opera. I have VPN, but had no problems for long time. Recently this started.
Do you have a solution also for Opera or should I turn to other browser?
Thanks & regards
JJBB
Oct 22nd, 2020, 2:54 pm
Online
Oct 23rd, 2020, 12:06 am
JJBB wrote:10. I have to login each time for the Premium Downloader.
I have this problem with Opera. I have VPN, but had no problems for long time. Recently this started.
Do you have a solution also for Opera or should I turn to other browser?
Thanks & regards
JJBB

I google around and couldn't find a solution. Installed Opera and played around with the settings and couldn't find anything there either. Unfortunately it looks like Opera doesn't have a workaround implemented.
Oct 23rd, 2020, 12:06 am
Oct 23rd, 2020, 3:57 am
Thanks for the efforts, Disk4mat!
Oct 23rd, 2020, 3:57 am
Online