Keep yourself informed!
May 5th, 2010, 11:18 pm
BeerBear wrote:mobilewarez.org - I think it's too long. Needs somethin' like mobirez.org or mobilewrz.org :) But even if domain will be superbmobileandotherhandheldswrz.org I'll stay here.

P.S.: there are some problems with links to the other topics. If you post link it will be transformed to "viewtopic.php?f=370&t=119213". But when you edit this post then link will be just a text.
Example: http://forum.ppcwarez.org/viewtopic.php?p=572666#572666

Eh, my bad?

Fixed.
May 5th, 2010, 11:18 pm
May 6th, 2010, 11:54 am
http://forum.mobilism.org/articles.php doesn't work... why?
It says:
Object not found!
The requested URL was not found on this server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

You may also be seeing this error because we're working on the site. Check out status at twitter.

Was it moved?
Regards.
May 6th, 2010, 11:54 am
May 6th, 2010, 12:43 pm
longu wrote:http://forum.mobilism.org/articles.php doesn't work... why?
It says:
Object not found!
The requested URL was not found on this server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

You may also be seeing this error because we're working on the site. Check out status at twitter.

Was it moved?
Regards.

That could be easily answered by clicking the 'Releases' link at the top of each page...

ppcw.php?mode=articles
May 6th, 2010, 12:43 pm
May 6th, 2010, 2:05 pm
I think it silly to change the name. It has become an icon. It's like changing the Ferrari logo because fewer people have & ride horses now thean when the company was formed.

Besides, isn't retro in this season :roll:

At any rate, I think anyone that doesn't know what ppc, or pocket pc is, should not own one. It is these damn name changes & the damn apple generation idiots that have poluted all the great mobile device sites. I remember when you had to pay 600.00 for you Blue Angel so you revered it & learned about the firmware. These newbies don't know what a hex editor is, think asci is a humanitarian program & just all aroud suck. :-P

You should of kept it ppcwarez, could have been like our own personal Juneteenth. I am truly saddened to see this, it's like the end of a great era.
May 6th, 2010, 2:05 pm

SuNdEvIl----->
May 7th, 2010, 12:31 pm
SunDevil wrote:asci is a humanitarian program
:D
Well it's some good argument...
May 7th, 2010, 12:31 pm

Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image
Support the developers. If you try app and like it, buy it.
May 7th, 2010, 3:30 pm
I think it is a good idea.Used to feel odd typing ppcwarez at work since the url's are monitored.It gives the IT administrator some idea of what i am browsing(warez ofcourse).Mobilism sounds more like any other mobile site.
May 7th, 2010, 3:30 pm
May 8th, 2010, 6:14 am
verygood,fast more!
May 8th, 2010, 6:14 am
May 9th, 2010, 12:20 am
davidgilling wrote:
nathanpc wrote:Why mobilism?

I think it suits.
My mobile is my religion XD

For me too! :D
But there are alot of other names, then why Mobilism?
May 9th, 2010, 12:20 am

Main Development Languages C/C++ - Java - Java EE - Java ME - C# - Visual Basic - 8086, ARM, MIPS, z80 and 6502 Assembly - Delphi - WML - Pascal - Ruby
Devices Samsung Galaxy S - Motorola Milestone - HTC Touch Pro2 - iPad w/ 3G 64GB - Nokia E61 - HP iPAQ Hx2490b - Apple iPod Touch 3g - HP Jornada 720 - Palm T|X - Palm z22
GPS Mio Moov 560

Pixhost - Image hosting made simple
May 9th, 2010, 1:19 am
nathanpc wrote:
davidgilling wrote:
nathanpc wrote:Why mobilism?

I think it suits.
My mobile is my religion XD

For me too! :D
But there are alot of other names, then why Mobilism?

You could ask why about any name really.

Mobil means mobile, which we stand for, shortened due to the ism attachment. The suffix ism means a belief, following, principle or movement. Therefore it's a following and belief in mobiles.
May 9th, 2010, 1:19 am
May 11th, 2010, 9:11 am
Nekem bejön az új név is, nincs vele probléma. A lényeg a tartalom!!!
May 11th, 2010, 9:11 am
May 13th, 2010, 4:27 am
Super awesome website !!!
May 13th, 2010, 4:27 am
May 13th, 2010, 8:14 am
SM sounds really bad to me, I liked ppcwarez but with the new devices supported a new name may be a good idea.

BUT SM reminds me of sado mas....
May 13th, 2010, 8:14 am
May 14th, 2010, 8:20 pm
Hello,

it may be related to the domain change but I can't enter the forum using the link http://forum.mobilism.org/

It shown this message:

Information
You have been permanently banned from this board.
Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.
Reason given for ban: Spam
A ban has been issued on your IP address.

But I can log into the forum using the mobile phone link http://m.mobilism.org

I don't know if it's a general problem or just something related to the IP I'm using (it's dynamic and I've changed it several times without luck).

Thanks and best regards.

NOTE: Seems to be a general problem:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=121608
May 14th, 2010, 8:20 pm
May 18th, 2010, 9:44 am
nirmalv wrote:I think it is a good idea.Used to feel odd typing ppcwarez at work since the url's are monitored.It gives the IT administrator some idea of what i am browsing(warez ofcourse).Mobilism sounds more like any other mobile site.

The biggest advantage against the old domain name. Now I'm able to reach the site even at work. :)
May 18th, 2010, 9:44 am

monkey12
May 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
monkey12 wrote:
nirmalv wrote:I think it is a good idea.Used to feel odd typing ppcwarez at work since the url's are monitored.It gives the IT administrator some idea of what i am browsing(warez ofcourse).Mobilism sounds more like any other mobile site.

The biggest advantage against the old domain name. Now I'm able to reach the site even at work. :)

This is why I use a https proxy at work ;) (thanks to my old university who let my account active)
BTW I'll still continue to type ppcwarez.org to reach this website since you keep this domain :) and by nostalgy from old PPC time & owner of various WM device since 2003. (and now Android because of linux kernel)
As said before Mobilewarez sounds better, mobilism rhymes with debilism :(
May 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm