Keep yourself informed!
Oct 15th, 2017, 7:59 pm
kolhoznik wrote:Do you support Icerbox downloads (Yes, I hate both Icerbox and Torai the Infidel, but they have content)?

We do not.
Oct 15th, 2017, 7:59 pm
Nov 16th, 2017, 1:57 pm
Hi will there be a black friday sale for Premium accounts
Thanks Peterbohs
Nov 16th, 2017, 1:57 pm
Nov 18th, 2017, 5:46 am
Hi,

I would like to check whether my premium membership has expired. I have tried to download a book but my username and password, which used to show up automatically, don't show up anymore.

Thanks,

T
Nov 18th, 2017, 5:46 am
Nov 18th, 2017, 8:51 pm
fishsauce wrote:Hi,

I would like to check whether my premium membership has expired. I have tried to download a book but my username and password, which used to show up automatically, don't show up anymore.

Thanks,

T

Please check your PMs.
Nov 18th, 2017, 8:51 pm
Nov 23rd, 2017, 6:29 am
@StickyW99 what you're describing is different: if the new look (Mobilism2.0) comes up while you have the old one set (Classic), that means you're being logged out. You need to check why your browser isn't saving our session/cookie. The usual suspects in these cases are security software. You could also try using a different browser and see if everything works as it should there.
Nov 23rd, 2017, 6:29 am
Nov 24th, 2017, 3:32 pm
How do I change my premium account password?
Nov 24th, 2017, 3:32 pm
Nov 24th, 2017, 6:21 pm
I have just renewed and my password for mbl download service as changed back to generic, how do I get it back to what it was?
Nov 24th, 2017, 6:21 pm
Nov 24th, 2017, 7:17 pm
EarthWitch and dondidondi: Please check your PMs.
Nov 24th, 2017, 7:17 pm
Nov 26th, 2017, 6:29 pm
I just bought premium for the first time. I logged in using my old login (the one I had before buying premium). I got to something I want to download, clicked on the blue arrow, and got a message that says The username or password is incorrect. Make sure you're using your Premium password. If you only had a trial account, try 'mobilism0000'. When I click on forgot password, it brings up my new premium profile, which is correct, but I still can't do the download. Do I have to change my old login to my premium login, or do I keep both?
Nov 26th, 2017, 6:29 pm
Nov 29th, 2017, 3:13 am
mkamins wrote:I just bought premium for the first time. I logged in using my old login (the one I had before buying premium). I got to something I want to download, clicked on the blue arrow, and got a message that says The username or password is incorrect. Make sure you're using your Premium password. If you only had a trial account, try 'mobilism0000'. When I click on forgot password, it brings up my new premium profile, which is correct, but I still can't do the download. Do I have to change my old login to my premium login, or do I keep both?

Clear your cookies/sessions, it will then prompt you to enter your password again and you'll be able to enter your new password.
Nov 29th, 2017, 3:13 am
Nov 29th, 2017, 5:32 pm
I am new to the premium feature here and thanks for this. It is really useful! Anyways it seems when I try and download a file that has spaces in it and the first word is the same as a previous download (not necessarily mine) I receive the previous download (cache?). An example is I tried to download using the blue button:

Code: Select allhttps://forum.mobilism.org/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=view&f=0&p=3452242
and I can see the correct file transferring to the server but when the transfer is passed to me all I see is a file named "Beginner" with no extension. If I open the file (a .rar file) I get "Beginner's Guide to Patio and Raised Bed Gardening (Gardening Quick Start Guides Book 6), A - Martha Green" assorted flavors instead of "Beginner's Guide to C-Sharp-CH14 by Tim R. Wolf.pdf".

I am assuming this is a server cache issue but I am just guessing. Any help in this would be appreciated. Thanks!
Nov 29th, 2017, 5:32 pm
Dec 1st, 2017, 7:52 pm
first, a major thanks for all the work put down in getting this service available.

a combined question/feature request maybe:

Will it ever support downloading of .mp4 files?

thanks in advance
Dec 1st, 2017, 7:52 pm
Dec 1st, 2017, 8:34 pm
@MysticVenator its a more a software issue. We haven't been able to fix it yet. The solution is to rename the file and add an extension at the end, it will then work.

@supercarl We do not- the downloader is designed for use on Mobilism and Mobilism does not have video files.
Dec 1st, 2017, 8:34 pm