Keep yourself informed!
Feb 5th, 2016, 2:42 am
Feel free to report problems here and I'll either add them to the FAQ or answer them.

1. I'm getting a ~0 byte file with a random name like zad2ycx5ughz
This happens on the filehost Dropgalaxy when the file has been deleted/expired. If you click on the actual link Dropgalaxy will tell you that the file no longer exists.

2. I don't see blue download arrows next to links
The blue arrows are visible to anyone who is logged in, regardless of whether or not you have a Premium subscription.

1. make sure "Display Premium Downloader" is set to Yes Here (at the bottom).
2. make sure you don't have javascript disabled in your browser
3. check if an adblocker is blocking our javascript from running (such as NoScript). Make sure neither mobilism.org nor mblservices.org is blocked by your adblocker. If you're using NoScript, make sure to allow full site.
4. if you're using Chrome, try disabling its built in pop-up blocker
5. if you're located in the United Arab Emirates, see This
6. if you're located in Australia and using Telstra, you need to turn off TELSTRA Broadband Protect

One way to test what the problem could be is using a browser different from the one you typically use, without plugins and where javascript should be enabled (it's enabled by default in browsers). Alternatively you could have been looking at a release without any Premium-supported links. Our rules require releases having Premium-supported links when posted, however, Mobilism has releases dating as far back as 2006, and if the topic is old, it could have links on filehosts that have shut down.

3. Do Premium subscriptions stack?
They do not. If you purchase a one-year subscription, it will begin on the day you purchase it. In other words, if you purchase a Premium subscription while having an existing one that has not yet expired, you will lose the time you had left on your previous subscription.

4. PDF files open within the little downloader window rather than saving
This means your default file association for PDF/EPUB is set to open rather than save. We've only seen this issue on Apple devices. Here's how to fix it on Macs. Unfortunately due to the limitations placed by Apple there is no solution for PDF files on iPhones. For more info see Here or Here.

5. What happens if a file no longer exists on the filehost?
The Premium Downloader fetches the files from filehosts, so if the file was deleted or expired from the filehost, the Premium Downloader has no way of fetching it. Mobilism has been online since 2006, so there are bound to be files that have been deleted, expired or even uploaded onto filehosting sites that no longer exist. In cases like this we recommend you press the Reupload button in the lower right-hand corner of the release to request a reupload.

6. Nothing happens when I click on the blue arrows
The March 2023 update of DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials causes this. Disabling DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials fixes it. Alternatively you can add mobilism.org as an exception to DDG, or try using a different browser.

7. Chrome is saying: "This file may be dangerous, so Chrome has blocked it."
Chrome has been returning this for clean files lately. You can force the download to go through by pressing Ctrl + J and then selecting to keep the file (you can scan the file on virustotal.com to be sure it's clean). If you do find an infected file, please report it to the moderators, however we can definitively say that they are very rare (so far in 2019 we've only had one). If you want to disable Chrome's safe browsing, go to Settings, scroll down to Advanced, and you will see Safe Browsing there. If you're looking for a good free antivirus, we recommend AVG or Avast.

8. I have a special character (ö, ß, $) in my username or password that is not allowing me to login.
PM Me and I will rename your account or change your password.

9. I would like to go for Platinum and subtract my last purchase's amount from the price.
PM Me: Click Here and use that form. I'll check what you donated last time and will get back to you with instructions.

10. I accidentally created a Trial account while already having an active Premium subscription
This may overwrite your existing Premium subscription. PM Me: Click Here and I'll sort it out.

11. I changed my password and now the downloader's window just shows "The user name or password is incorrect." without asking me to re-enter my login
Clear your cookies and the downloader will ask you to enter your login again.

12. Are there restrictions on what can be downloaded?
Anything that is on Mobilism can be downloaded. The downloader is intended to be used with Mobilism.

13. Clicking on the blue download arrow gives the login box that turns to this:

This is a problem with McAfee (the popular, and awful, security software). Disable it and get a better antivirus, such as: Kaspersky, Avast, AVIRA, Bitdefender, Emsisoft, eScan, ESET. Don't believe us? http://www.av-comparatives.org/

14. The download shows up as canceled in my browser's downloads
The download is supposed to start, but instead of starting shows up as canceled or incomplete. This could obviously be caused by an unstable connection cutting the download off, but we've also had a report that the software Webroot causes this issue.

15. After logging in I get something like:
Expiration: 2017-01-25
Today's date: 2016-09-15
but the page doesn't do anything else...

This seems to be a problem affecting some Firefox users. Disable the "Flash and Video Download" Firefox Addon to fix this.
Feb 5th, 2016, 2:42 am
Feb 5th, 2016, 6:50 am
That what's I got just now from the Usercloud. It's not 5 seconds already. It looks bad... "Account isn't premium?
Error: You have to wait 9 minutes, 20 seconds till next download"
Feb 5th, 2016, 6:50 am

Glory to Ukraine!
Слава Україні!

I stop up- and re-uploading books for a month or two. Till my return (if and when) it's free for all!

Code: Select allhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saEpkcVi1d4
Feb 5th, 2016, 7:08 am
JJBB wrote:That what's I got just now from the Usercloud. It's not 5 seconds already. It looks bad... "Account isn't premium?
Error: You have to wait 9 minutes, 20 seconds till next download"

I'm contacting Userscloud. Under our agreement with them our users should have no limits, I'll find out what's going on.
Feb 5th, 2016, 7:08 am
Feb 10th, 2016, 8:35 pm
Upgraded to Premium + Lifetime VIP around 12am this morning. How long does it usually take until it goes into effect?
Feb 10th, 2016, 8:35 pm

[center]CURRENTLY UNABLE TO RE-UPLOAD ANY BOOKS
Feb 10th, 2016, 10:18 pm
sj2288 wrote:Upgraded to Premium + Lifetime VIP around 12am this morning. How long does it usually take until it goes into effect?

The Premium downloading account goes into effect automatically (immediately). We apply VIP status on the forum manually so that takes a while but yours has already been done.
Feb 10th, 2016, 10:18 pm
Feb 10th, 2016, 10:47 pm
Disk4mat wrote:
sj2288 wrote:Upgraded to Premium + Lifetime VIP around 12am this morning. How long does it usually take until it goes into effect?

The Premium downloading account goes into effect automatically (immediately). We apply VIP status on the forum manually so that takes a while but yours has already been done.

Thank you!
Feb 10th, 2016, 10:47 pm
Feb 18th, 2016, 11:09 pm
Hi, I just changed to a computer running Windows 10 and now there isn't a downloader next to the links when using Chrome. I've tried Internet Explorer and the downloader isn't there either. Please help.
Feb 18th, 2016, 11:09 pm
Feb 20th, 2016, 9:44 pm
chantw0968 wrote:Hi, I just changed to a computer running Windows 10 and now there isn't a downloader next to the links when using Chrome. I've tried Internet Explorer and the downloader isn't there either. Please help.

This user's problem was resolved by adding mblservices.org to the exclusions list of his security software.
Feb 20th, 2016, 9:44 pm
Feb 20th, 2016, 11:06 pm
I'm having problems with uploaded.net and ul.to. Can't seem to download with them.
Feb 20th, 2016, 11:06 pm
Feb 20th, 2016, 11:56 pm
sweetbriar wrote:I'm having problems with uploaded.net and ul.to. Can't seem to download with them.

Can you give me an example of a link that is not working for you?
Feb 20th, 2016, 11:56 pm
Feb 21st, 2016, 9:51 pm
sweetbriar wrote:Sure :) I just tried these and it acts like it's going to download but then nothing.

viewtopic.php?f=126&t=1445751

viewtopic.php?f=123&t=1444288

I've had no problems with userscloud, Tusfiles, zippyshare etc.

I just tried those links and both of them work fine. Are you sure they're not working for you?
Feb 21st, 2016, 9:51 pm
Feb 22nd, 2016, 11:55 am
Beginning 2/20 I am having to logon to premium individually for each file I download instead of logging on once and being able to download for 10 minutes or so. Is this a problem or a permanent change? Thanks.
Feb 22nd, 2016, 11:55 am
Feb 22nd, 2016, 10:17 pm
jesdummy wrote:Beginning 2/20 I am having to logon to premium individually for each file I download instead of logging on once and being able to download for 10 minutes or so. Is this a problem or a permanent change? Thanks.

Nothing changed on our end so this is something on your side. Have you tried clearing your cache/cookies/sessions?
Feb 22nd, 2016, 10:17 pm
Feb 23rd, 2016, 6:14 am
No, I just tried again. I get the waiting for 89.32.131.... and then read 89.32.131.... at the bottom left of the screen and then it stops and the download never starts.
Feb 23rd, 2016, 6:14 am