Keep yourself informed!
Mar 27th, 2016, 4:23 am
Vanyel12 wrote:The only issue I am having now is some user avatars don't display, just a placeholder. I cleaned my cookies and cache and logged back in. I can now read all topics and no 502 errors.

They are all displaying now. Thanks Disk4mat for all your hard work. :thumbup: :clap:
Mar 27th, 2016, 4:23 am

"Ignorance is the parent of Fear; Fear is the parent of Hate" ~Frank G. Colladay, Jr.
"To read is to dream, to dream is to live." ~The Story Lover 2020
Mar 28th, 2016, 6:39 pm
this server is not working good at all, not well set up or issues from server to cloudflare or vice verse , right now when users try create a topic ( this is basic everyone for what i have see last hrs) we get 502 errors from cloudflare or 504 Gateway Time-out from the server when we press submit, for what i can understand the server is not at all (either by problems on it self or with cloudflare) be able to accept the data in normal conditions and keep in a loop for about 1 to 2 minutes to finish in a 502 error etc etc.

what is more strange and why i feel something is not well with all this set up is that we refresh the page after the 502 error and there is no new topic there so we submit again to finish with same error and nothing again and minutes later 5 6 etc we refresh and voila we see 2 3 topics (depend how many times we have submit the same topic and get the same error).

if the server is with a delay so big from the time the data is send to the time that show up something is very very wrong, this should be right way not minutes later at all.

I also notice that even we get ride of the old errors the forum most of the time for me is more slow that before, not only when the search start do the update that is 4 5 minutes every hr that is very slow but basic the major of the time special if have a few traffic more, for a new server with suppose more power on process the data makes no sense to me.

Same issue i notice when is need do any moderator task like move the topics to the right section, again we get the same loop to finish on the sames errors and the same issue, the topics sometimes get moved other not, same goes to delete a topic etc etc , i have not be this days posting have no idea if this is a issue of now or from days, what iam complete sure is that is not normal at all.

Topics are not even show now the number of views, is a mess posting right now.
Mar 28th, 2016, 6:39 pm

No longer active.
Mar 28th, 2016, 6:57 pm
Following on from trojan-killer's list...

I have also noticed that when I "mark topics read" at the bottom of a section, it has taken up to 6 attempts for the posts to actually be unticked.
The page refreshes but the posts are still ticked.
Mar 28th, 2016, 6:57 pm

~ Check all links before using the "Reupload" button ~
Mar 28th, 2016, 7:06 pm
I have been having a problem where I go to "Manage Subscriptions" and when I visit a topic, it takes multiple visits for it to click in to the fact that I have just visited it and there is nothing new at the moment.
Mar 28th, 2016, 7:06 pm

PM me if any of my links are broken. :)

Mar 29th, 2016, 6:47 am
Great upgrade!! Thanks!
Mar 29th, 2016, 6:47 am
Mar 29th, 2016, 12:30 pm
I have no idea if this is related to your new server, but:
since today your website is CONSTANTLY sending me to another (Ad) site, in any thread I open.
http://www.klingel.de/ProductDisplay?la ... 7792111616
This happens ONLY when opening your mobilism site and clicking on any thread within.
Seconds later your page is redirecting me to this crappy German mail order service.
Does not happen on any other site I open (ebay, yahoo, amazon...)
Only happens in my Chrome browser. I can actually watch your crappy ad server action on the bottom of the window do its nasty stuff, 'show ads', 'request', 'resolve host' etc.
This is just ridiculous.

I am doing a virus/adware check right now, maybe one the increasingly obnoxious file hosting servers you are using has dropped a nice bomb on my clean machine?
The last I visited was: https://uploadshub.com
These servers let you jump through oodles of mindless clicks, pop up several unwanted new tabs and windows when just trying to download a single file - it is getting really out of control now.

But I rather think your embedded advertising gimmick/redirector ist the root cause.
Please fix!
Mar 29th, 2016, 12:30 pm
Mar 29th, 2016, 5:47 pm
I use chrome and have ublock running for ads and pop-ups. I have had no issue.
Mar 29th, 2016, 5:47 pm

Shimmer418
PM me ONLY if all of my links need replacing. I won't replace any if at least one still works
Mar 29th, 2016, 8:54 pm
I keep receiving this error when posting.

504 Gateway Time-out
nginx
Mar 29th, 2016, 8:54 pm
Mar 29th, 2016, 8:57 pm
lookingfor wrote:I keep receiving this error when posting.

504 Gateway Time-out
nginx

Me too. But I think everyone was getting it. I mean, lord, seen the Rush page? :shock: :shock:
Mar 29th, 2016, 8:57 pm
Mar 30th, 2016, 1:47 am
Someone complained on one of these 'new server' threads that the 'Views' column was not always updating, or just displaying '0.' I thought this sounded pretty trivial until I just purchased a book solely to fulfill a request and discovered that someone had already fulfilled it, even though the Views for that request showed zero. Annoying.
Mar 30th, 2016, 1:47 am

I do not refresh dead Request links. Post another request in the Request Forum
I happily refresh my Release links. PM me from the PM button at the bottom of this page and include a link with your request.
Mar 30th, 2016, 3:13 am
Cannot get *.org to work on chrome no matter what I do. Had to switch over to *.me and now have no problems.
Mar 30th, 2016, 3:13 am
Mar 30th, 2016, 3:20 am
I found the number of "views" for a post to be a very useful feature. I hope it will be restored at some stage.
Mar 30th, 2016, 3:20 am
Mar 30th, 2016, 3:35 am
flawlessdreamer wrote:
lookingfor wrote:I keep receiving this error when posting.

504 Gateway Time-out
nginx

Me too. But I think everyone was getting it. I mean, lord, seen the Rush page? :shock: :shock:

I got so many of these errors last night, every time I posted, that I looked it up . . .

"The 504 Gateway Timeout error is an HTTP status code that means that one server did not receive a timely response from another server that it was accessing while attempting to load the web page or fill another request by the browser. In other words, 504 errors usually indicate that a different computer, one that the website you're getting the 504 message on doesn't control but relies on, isn't communicating with it quickly enough."
Mar 30th, 2016, 3:35 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Mar 30th, 2016, 7:40 am
PollyannaRoe wrote:Someone complained on one of these 'new server' threads that the 'Views' column was not always updating, or just displaying '0.' I thought this sounded pretty trivial until I just purchased a book solely to fulfill a request and discovered that someone had already fulfilled it, even though the Views for that request showed zero. Annoying.

That is surely an inconvenience. But there's still a difference between "Views" and "Replies". The "Replies" number is showing correctly.
Mar 30th, 2016, 7:40 am