Keep yourself informed!
Nov 22nd, 2017, 1:28 am
Dear Americans,
The FCC will vote to gut net neutrality rules on December 14th, 2017. Net neutrality is of paramount importance to an open internet; without it your internet service provider can charge you extra fees for accessing certain sites or block them altogether. This may very well affect your ability to use and enjoy Mobilism. If you have a couple minutes, we highly urge you visit https://www.battleforthenet.com/ to see what you can do to help stop the repeal of net neutrality rules. Thank you.

Nov 22nd, 2017, 1:28 am
Nov 22nd, 2017, 1:51 am
Thank you for informing us about this.
Nov 22nd, 2017, 1:51 am

I'm Inactive now. Feel free to make a new request if links get expired.

===
Zippyshare works with proxysite.com
Nov 22nd, 2017, 4:46 am
Hope everyone in the US will follow this up . . .
Nov 22nd, 2017, 4:46 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Nov 22nd, 2017, 7:58 am
I hope they give them hell here in Australia they have banned us from pirate bay and downloading sites etc we cannot access them and only can do so with a vpn. Talk about loss of freedom and privacy rights. Ive encountered problems downloading books from mobilism that i want because i use a vpn as some sites like uploadrocket senses something wrong with my IP address and wouldn't give me the link to download what i want. so i ask friends to download it for me and then send it to me via zippy share etc what a bloody inconvenience. CENSORSHIP!!!
we now as of next year will pay 10% gst on anything we download a game a book etc even though it isn't the property of the Australian Taxaton Office (then they have the audacity to call us pirates)
our NBN national Broadband network was meant to be one thing for us all and now we have 3 classes of NBN citizens fiber to the Premises this was meant to be the same for all but then to cut costs they used
Fiber to the node using old foxtel cables and now they are using
fiber to the kerb which still uses the old copper wiring phone lines.
while our speeds vary and the prices and packages kind of stay the same what a rip off
Fiber to the premises gets a battery back up modem
fiber to the node gets none and
fiber to the kerb well you guessed it nothing either so we cannot make a bloody emergency phone call to help save our lives during a power black out. only fiber to the building customers get to live and have access to emergency services we get stuff all so 2 3rds of us can just lay down quietly and die while a 3rd of us gets to live.
even prisoners have rights but we the 2/3 of Australian citizens dont have the basic right make a phone call to save our lives and to live.
vote and kick them in the man parts speak up now or forever hold your peace AMERICANS. dont be like most Australians here who said nothing and those of us that did no one listened to and now we have a system just begging to be tested in a major power failure before people start dying off in droves before they wake up and see the shit storm they have created.
STAND UP FOR YOUR RIGHTS NOW BEFORE THEY ARE TAKEN AWAY! once they are taken you will never get them back honor the service women and men who fought so valiantly for us to have our freedom and basic human rights lets not hand it over to them on a silver platter FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!! HOORAH!!!
Nov 22nd, 2017, 7:58 am

Nov 23rd, 2017, 8:39 pm
I normally avoid any opportunity to delve into political debates on Mobilism as it's one of the few peaceful havens left on the Internet that doesn't cater heavily to one side or the other. However, there is a great deal of misinformation floating around about Net Neutrality that is being pushed hard to open the door to very specific political agendas that are not in our best interest. What I can say about it immediately is that the Internet was doing just fine prior to Obama signing in Net Neutrality in 2015 to deliver us to this disconcerting matter of controlling a worldwide platform of information that should be inherently open and free in all its splendor.

The bottom line of the debate is giving one of two entities regulation of the flow of content of the Internet as we know it, and have been enjoying commercially since the 1980's. One side of the power struggle allows complete control and regulation by U.S. alphabet agencies (such as the FCC), and the other side hands over policing policies to private corporations to regulate the flow of our [now relatively free] data as we know it. As some of you already know, the tech industry is heavily swayed by liberal political views, and have been actively engaging their powers to shut down free speech anywhere they can, including Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, YouTube (owned by Google), Instagram, Snapchat and the entire barrage of social media. Also, Google has been actively de-listing links by the thousands from their notorious search engine that contradict their political views, which are beyond radical at this point, and violating anti-trust laws silently without resistance and with complete impunity in America (though, they are currently being sued with several lawsuits in Europe). Twitter is also actively stripping verified accounts with blue checkmarks from those who express contradictory beliefs, and also deleting accounts of regular users who decide to share their opinions and views.

One disgruntled Twitter employee actually disabled President Trump's Twitter account for twelve minutes before it was finally rectified. This is the level of attack our free speech is under, and the direct assault on personal Constitutional freedoms Americans should enjoy through the countless deaths of our military efforts to ensure our rights. If they can ban the POTUS, they will certainly ban you when you disagree with them. Any conservative views are now labeled as 'wrongthink' and 'hate speech' by the left, and are being banned from these platforms by simply having an opposing opinion to the radical left-wing media that is ultimately controlled by Deep State with gobs of lobbyists throwing money at our government officials. This doesn't sound like a world I'm interested in seeing in my lifetime, but 1984 is finally here in all its glory.

As we've recently seen with Hollywood, NFL, Mainstream Media, PC Games, Magazines, Newspapers and all other forms of entertainment, political views have cut their income, traffic and ratings down to all-time lows in favor of their agenda. I'd also like to add that the infamous George Soros is behind quite a bit of this destabilization as he just injected yet another $18 billion to fund industries, media groups, social networks and private political protest groups (Antifa, BLM, La Raza, ShareBlue, Correct The Record, Purple Revolution, etc.) with toxic idealism that is detrimental to free speech, free market enterprise and critical thinking, not to mention acting as domestic terrorist groups in some cases. As I am not familiar with any fees for access to private sites if Net Neutrality is repealed, corporations do no make money by alienating half of America, though they have been losing billions of dollars since last year while the stock market continues to soar to record highs. Blockbuster movies now tank, NFL games host stadiums with empty seats, cable-cutting has reached record highs, Netflix is hemorrhaging, Magazine/Newspaper subscriptions dried up, and anything else pushing liberal agenda has taken a huge tumble in revenue. It only makes sense that they need to charge extra for access to what the public wants, even if they hold extreme disdain for the content. Corporations cannot afford to bleed revenue as they have been for the last year and a half, which is exactly why this has become such a hotbed topic. Half the country has tuned out, and they want their money, one way or another.

Obama's ridiculously complicated Net Neutrality bill is over 400 pages thick full of regulations, restrictions, guidelines and complex legalities that nobody will ever read completely, just like his 'Affordable Care Act' that is tanking the country with healthcare that nobody can afford to use. Working families are paying mandatory minimum monthly premiums of $1,200 per month with a $7,000 deductible under this nightmare plan, what do they have in mind for our beloved Internet?

As the U.S. government gains control and regulation over the flow of data on the Internet, these same alphabet agencies are heavily prone to lobbying, corruption and foreign influence (eg: George Soros) over what we view in general. With massive billions pouring in from Soros alone, how can there be any guarantee that true free speech will be upheld? ISPs won't be able to charge extra for sites if they aren't even allowed to exist in the first place due to being labeled by fake political groups such as the ADL, SPLC and Snopes. Let's not forget that the ADL labeled Pepe the Frog a hate symbol because the Clinton campaign (through David Brock and company) threw cash at them to derail memes that were tanking her already failed progress. Pepe the Frog. A cartoon. Hate symbol. Ridiculous. The very same groups also threw money at Wikipedia to edit and lock Pepe's Wiki page to contain libel and pure political lies that mislead the public, much like Fake News CNN. This is what we can expect when lobbyists start dumping sacks of laundered money on the doorsteps of our elected officials, which is now on the horizon thanks to Obama's wonder plan to relinquish control of a universal information system that was born to be free to all.

Those living in the United Kingdom know exactly what the repercussions are for expressing their opinions through social networking, which is about as fascist as anything I have ever heard. Law enforcement there is going door to door arresting private citizens for 'wrongthink' on Twitter and Facebook, then giving them stiff prison sentences for simply having an opinion about their newly acquired refugees from afar. Meanwhile, these said refugees are allowed with near impunity to gang-rape and murder their citizens and get a paltry two months of community service as punishment because 'they didn't know any better'. I'd be mad as Hell if I was a Brit, but apparently they aren't allowed to voice their opinions publicly now, which is exactly the direction the left wants the Internet to go.

So, to encapsulate this dire situation, we are now looking at a fork in the road with a vital decision to make for the future of the integrity of our Internet. Either we risk complete and utter censorship through residual government corruption (pro-NN), or we become taxed to death trying to view content that actually interests us (anti-NN). Either way, we are in a deep bowl of yogurt, in my humble opinion. All I know is that the Internet was doing just fine from the 80's until 2015 until someone's feelings got hurt.

Also, John Oliver (and HBO in general) is about as radically left as it gets, as well as anything else you'll find on TV except for One America Network. Perhaps including his radical right counterpart, Alex Jones, might be in order to completely confuse the subject for everyone since the basis of argument on both sides is generating an epidemic of public fear. The bottom line is to find a neutral source of information on this Net Neutrality issue to review the facts, not politically infused opinions, which are many. And with 400 pages of complete nonsense to pine over, they intentionally don't make it easy because all opposition must be controlled somehow.

* This comment is my opinion, view and observations on the matter, and does not necessarily reflect, in whole or in part, any such views held by Mobilism, staff or its members.
Nov 23rd, 2017, 8:39 pm
Nov 24th, 2017, 2:16 am
I agree here in Australia if we subscribe to netflix we dont get what USA Netflix consumers get we didn't get for instance bitten and a few other supernatural series longmire etc though we are charged the same if not more.
the Aussie government still want to have power over what we are allowed to watch and see they still want to force feed us a lot of the British drama series. If you sign up to something you expect the same service not a watered down version of what other regions can get then they wonder why we are having to invest on VPN's to be able to get to the sites we want to view what we want and to have a brain an pick for ourselves what we like.
If we only want to view government approved content then just stick with the ABC or BBC and you are right where they want you.
speak up now or forever hold your peace. already through our social media they are collecting information left right and center about where we go what we do what we like to eat our friends etc nothing it private anymore. banking statements supermarket loyalty programs just buy something to try it once and you will never forget you bought it as you will receive it in your in-box to re-buy it as a special. your life is an open book just for some clarity on the issue and how big it is or can be see a movie called the circle with Tom Hanks and Emma Watsonhttp://www.imdb.com/title/tt4287320/ George Orwell's 1984 has indeed arrived and been here for a while they are just refining the system they want us to be put in. SPEAK UP NOW!!!
Nov 24th, 2017, 2:16 am

Nov 24th, 2017, 2:35 am
Thanks to matina and Shardz for giving us lots more information on this current internet decision crisis. Looks like there will be problems in the future regardless of which way the US policy goes, and it's anyone's guess what will happen here in Oz. 'The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.'
Nov 24th, 2017, 2:35 am

Nov 24th, 2017, 3:00 am
Amen PJ Amen our ancestors fought wars to keep us free and to have certain basic rights lets not complacently hand them over for the sake of ignorance and laziness and weakness to not speak out. Having said that though i have to say.

THANK YOU Mobilism staff for making this site a friendly forum where folks can express their views ideas and experiences so freely without political censure thank you for all the hard work you all do and bless you all moderators for giving up so much of your free time to give us a haven to play download books and just chin wag it is my haven and i for 1 would be lost without it this site. It is the best i have ever had the privilege of visiting seeing and participating in. where there is no hidden agenda's or traps to pay and the like.
It is where rich poor and every nationality religion is made to feel welcome and equal. 2 words THANK YOU that encompasses all this seems a little underrated but none the less they are spoken from the heart spirit and soul. god bless you all and may this site in (the Vulcan greeting) live long and prosper. we are blessed to be here a welcomed sanctuary from our real stuffed up crappy lives. THANK YOU!
Nov 24th, 2017, 3:00 am

Nov 24th, 2017, 11:06 am
I'll add my thanks to those just expressed by matina. I've been a member here since 2014 and now don't know what I'd do without Mobilism.

Hope everyone is remembering to visit https://www.battleforthenet.com/

We need to protect our internet freedom . . .
Nov 24th, 2017, 11:06 am

Nov 25th, 2017, 3:17 am
It is a pity we Aussies cant vote ;-( it effects all of us world wide ;-(
Nov 25th, 2017, 3:17 am

Nov 26th, 2017, 1:04 pm
Let's be honest here. The only thing this is about is greed and control. Everyone wants to drive a Ferrari when they can only afford a Chevy. ISP's, cable and phone companies, movie studios, etc. see this as a way to increase their profits and regain a type of dictatorship control over the market. They all need to learn from the past. Once something advances and changes it never goes back to the way things used to be. This is 2017 not 1817. The good old days are only in people's memory anyway. The mind keeps the good and filters out most of the bad. If this goes through it just means people will find other ways around it and everyone will be hurt in the long run. Trying to get people to pay more for things in an economy that's still recovering won't end well for anyone. As we've all learned, trickle down economics never works (anything with the word trickle in it is never good anyway). When issues of this magnitude are involved a vote of each and every citizen should be called for not just a select few in power. Though an increase in price for use may not affect President Trump maybe he'll think twice after he has his Twitter account throttled or blocked as a result. One person one vote on all issues. The popular vote is what should count. The world would be better off as a result.
Nov 26th, 2017, 1:04 pm
Nov 26th, 2017, 4:57 pm
Thanks to Disk4Mat, Shardz and Matina for providing information and insight into the current internet crisis. I personally would crumble if I were blocked from wonderful moblism and its fabulous community. As Matina so aptly expressed it, mobilism is a "welcomed sanctuary" from our rugged lives. I most certainly visited battleforthenet.com, wrote a letter and made a call. I hope that so many others follow suit. The voice of the people has been shown to have power previously, during this current administration as well as during other administrations. It is our duty to take a stand to protect the freedoms we have, an open internet being one of them. BE A FREEDOM FIGHTER! To all the staff at mobilism, thank you with all my heart for all you do to bring light into our lives! To the mobilism community and my mobilism friends, thank you with all my heart for your kindnesses, your warm support, and the fun and joy you bring. May I and all my fellow mobi members never be blocked from the joy and pleasure of visiting mobilism. May mobilism only evolve and expand bringing its magic to more and more members!
Nov 26th, 2017, 4:57 pm
Jun 12th, 2018, 3:47 am
More expert feedback on 'The Battle for Net Neutrality' will be welcome!
Jun 12th, 2018, 3:47 am