Keep yourself informed!
Aug 15th, 2019, 12:35 pm
Crystlsong wrote:In a message to the poster of a book when they ask for a direct link to the book, how do I do that?

Option 1. Open the post and find the Private Message button: http://images.mobilism.org/?dm=Z4LD
Option 2. Click on the small clock and it will give you a pop-up window with the link: http://images.mobilism.org/?dm=FP2TJT4P
Option 3. Highlight the link in the navigation bar up on top of your browser, copy and paste it: http://images.mobilism.org/?dm=N5BC
Aug 15th, 2019, 12:35 pm
Feb 26th, 2020, 10:36 am
Fizban wrote:If you are seeing posts made after April 5 that do not have a blue premium link on them (excluding zippyshare links, which at the time were premium but are not as of a week ago due to the issue with Germany blocking the filehost), then please use the Report button, choose Other as the option, and then tell us that there is no premium link in the release. We normally do catch them propr to catting, but we are only human so it is possible we miss some.

Please be aware, while we do now require that there be a premium link, the OP is not obligated to re-up links for that release until ALL of his links are dead, even if the premium link is dead earlier. That part of our rules has not changed.

Where is the REPORT button?
Feb 26th, 2020, 10:36 am
Apr 14th, 2020, 4:58 am
Where is the REPORT button?

Red Exclamation point to the right, below the message
Apr 14th, 2020, 4:58 am
May 4th, 2020, 7:53 pm
FYI, since a week now, you need a Prem account if you want to upload anything to FileZip.cc (basically, it's not a free host anymore, at least not for the uploaders)
I've PMed D4M about that but he told me that "How people upload their files is their concern." :wtf:

Aren't ALL the hosts supported by Mobilism supposed to be FREE or do we have to pay to use a blue link?!
May 4th, 2020, 7:53 pm

Protect your eyes: read True PDFs only.
Image Download from DropGalaxy at your own risk Image
May 4th, 2020, 10:10 pm
The eBook Section Rules are very explicit:
  • File hosts that require registration to download are not allowed (e.g. 4shared). Only free links from free hosts are accepted.

So yes, all the hosts used in Mobilism must be free for downloaders. To complete Disk4mat's sentence: "How people upload their files is their concern, unless their choice affects downloaders."
May 4th, 2020, 10:10 pm
Jun 10th, 2020, 11:17 pm
Maybe I've just been unlucky lately, but I've come across a few books lately where the premium link has expired but the other links appear to be still valid. The uploader(s) have warnings on their posts that they will not re-upload until ALL links are dead.

I'm aware that the uploader is not obligated to renew the premium link but it seems to be open to some abuse. I did ask one of the uploaders via PM to re-up the premium link but they refused, though the book itself was relatively recently added to the site. The worst part is that you can't then request the book from anyone else as the place for that book is 'held' by the uploader who (presumably?) can be paid via the other links.

Is there any hope that the rule can be changed so that a premium link must be maintained? I am unhappy with going through the rigmarole of pop-ups, delays and tabs opening up all over the place with some non-premium links, which is the major reason for opting for premium in the first place. I would be happy enough to be allowed to request the book from someone else in that case if that can be permitted?

This is a great site and I hope that this 'downside' doesn't become more of the norm going forward.
Jun 10th, 2020, 11:17 pm
Jun 11th, 2020, 8:08 am
CottonBuds wrote:[...] The worst part is that you can't then request the book from anyone else as the place for that book is 'held' by the uploader who (presumably?) can be paid via the other links.

One of the reasons for the Request section to exist is to solve the problem of books being 'held' hostage by posters, no one can leave our members without options. Anything that is already posted can be requested in different languages, versions, translations, editions, and especially, uploaded to a supported filehost if the premium link is dead and the original poster declined to replace it.

We all know that most filehosts have short retention periods and links die for expiration quickly if not downloaded, it is a real problem for all posters. But expiration does not apply to recent uploads, so unless there are other reasons for a file to have been deleted in the filehost (PM me for more info), please report this abuse as soon as you detect it, we will make sure it doesn't happen again.
Jun 11th, 2020, 8:08 am
Jan 2nd, 2022, 9:50 am
Is filelox.com dead? I'm getting "This site can’t be reached/ ERR_CONNECTION_RESET" on pc and "ACCESS DENIED" on mobile.

edit:
Avast says:
Jan 2nd, 2022, 9:50 am

Jan 3rd, 2022, 7:24 pm
marooned2 wrote:Is filelox.com dead? I'm getting "This site can’t be reached/ ERR_CONNECTION_RESET" on pc and "ACCESS DENIED" on mobile.

edit:
Avast says:

I have emailed their owner. If the site doesn't shown signs of life soon we'll add the usual Closed Filehost tag to all Filelox links.
Jan 3rd, 2022, 7:24 pm
Apr 29th, 2023, 6:53 am
FYI, filezip.cc is still listed as a supported host ("No issues") although it seems to be offline/dead and it was already removed from the list:
viewtopic.php?p=9711612#9711612
Apr 29th, 2023, 6:53 am

Apr 30th, 2023, 2:31 am
marooned2 wrote:FYI, filezip.cc is still listed as a supported host ("No issues") although it seems to be offline/dead and it was already removed from the list:
viewtopic.php?p=9711612#9711612

Thanks, I removed it from the lists.
Apr 30th, 2023, 2:31 am