Keep yourself informed!
Aug 1st, 2009, 5:11 pm
A new status is being made available to the Mobilism community. A couple weeks ago we received a very large donation, and the staff here agreed that we should have a status for special donors. Both to thank some people and encourage further donations, Platinum status will be available to users who have donated $150 or more and will have the following benefits:
- all of the normal VIP privileges, for life
- Premium Downloader account, for life
- the option to clear all IP logs on the forum, have a custom title, or name change

If you have donated previously, you may subtract the amount of your last donation from $150.
Aug 1st, 2009, 5:11 pm

Support developers.
Aug 1st, 2009, 5:43 pm
tempting :)
Aug 1st, 2009, 5:43 pm

life is poor without sound
Aug 1st, 2009, 6:20 pm
great idea to reward the big spenders :)
Aug 1st, 2009, 6:20 pm
Aug 1st, 2009, 6:29 pm
Do you receive IOU tickets from students, until they finish faculty (in my case med school) and get a real job :(?
Pls don't ban me, it is just o joke to keep people smiling in this crisis. :)
By the way, a greath idea!
Aug 1st, 2009, 6:29 pm
Aug 1st, 2009, 6:58 pm
h0m3s1ck wrote:Do you receive IOU tickets from students, until they finish faculty (in my case med school) and get a real job :(?
Pls don't ban me, it is just o joke to keep people smiling in this crisis. :)
By the way, a greath idea!

Nah, I wouldnt know how to cash them in. ;)
Aug 1st, 2009, 6:58 pm

Support developers.
Aug 1st, 2009, 8:54 pm
If I do decide to donate, I'd be looking forward to that date. *wink* *wink*, *nudge* *nudge*
:D
Aug 1st, 2009, 8:54 pm

One of my links dead? PM me!
Aug 2nd, 2009, 4:10 pm
lifehacker wrote:LZF is also suggesting that Platinum VIPs should be able to win a date with me, but my girlfriend and I are still thoroughly discussing that issue. :P

since you're in Europe, can i win a date with a hot chick with moral values as low.... errr... i mean as high as mine? :) :lol:

*no US visa, green card, citizenship given on said date. :p
Aug 2nd, 2009, 4:10 pm

HTC Ice... Da Bling...
Aug 2nd, 2009, 4:31 pm
great idea lh, although being a student myself i cannot afford $80 :(
Aug 2nd, 2009, 4:31 pm
Aug 3rd, 2009, 3:31 am
I don't know if it is just on my end, but I have trouble lately connecting to the site. Seems like it is just VERY busy at times and takes a few tries to get in. If that is the case, is there a way to also add a vip access address to forums as well for the platinum accounts? Just a thought :)
Aug 3rd, 2009, 3:31 am
Aug 3rd, 2009, 8:31 am
Buzzin69 wrote:I don't know if it is just on my end, but I have trouble lately connecting to the site. Seems like it is just VERY busy at times and takes a few tries to get in. If that is the case, is there a way to also add a vip access address to forums as well for the platinum accounts? Just a thought :)

Our host was having some difficulties two days ago but its been resolved. The issue however was with the connection to our servers, no matter what kind of access VIPs are granted if the connection is failing you will still have the same problem.
Aug 3rd, 2009, 8:31 am

Support developers.
Aug 3rd, 2009, 9:33 am
lifehacker wrote:
Buzzin69 wrote:I don't know if it is just on my end, but I have trouble lately connecting to the site. Seems like it is just VERY busy at times and takes a few tries to get in. If that is the case, is there a way to also add a vip access address to forums as well for the platinum accounts? Just a thought :)

Our host was having some difficulties two days ago but its been resolved. The issue however was with the connection to our servers, no matter what kind of access VIPs are granted if the connection is failing you will still have the same problem.

Yes, sorry about this. Our host underwent a backbone upgrade and one of our server's had a major failing on the new network. A network card was replaced and we're all good again. As it was a hardware problem no one could access the site.
Aug 3rd, 2009, 9:33 am
Aug 3rd, 2009, 3:37 pm
Ahh... well that explains that lol :) Still like the Platinum idea though
Aug 3rd, 2009, 3:37 pm
Aug 3rd, 2009, 7:52 pm
lifehacker wrote:- direct access to rapidshare.com premium accounts
- access to an http proxy run through ppcwarez's servers with no logs or cache (pm me for more information)
- .ppcwarez.org subdomain with webspace and a @ppcwarez.org email
- the option to clear all IP logs on the forum, have a custom title, name change, or PM limit increase

Only these points should it be worth at all. Just look for the prices for those proxy services on the net. And RS Account would be free too (until limit is reached)

By the way, what is the average amount of money users donate? 5-20$?
Aug 3rd, 2009, 7:52 pm
Aug 3rd, 2009, 8:36 pm
markusmuster wrote:Only these points should it be worth at all. Just look for the prices for those proxy services on the net. And RS Account would be free too (until limit is reached)

By the way, what is the average amount of money users donate? 5-20$?

Donations vary greatly.

Are you saying this is worth it or it's not worth it?
Aug 3rd, 2009, 8:36 pm