Discuss Pocket PC devices here.
Mar 2nd, 2010, 10:00 pm
Ok here it is...... one minute all is well, I'm living the dream with my sleek shiny HD2, next thing i know the screen goes blank apart from the lock screen background and at the top are the words

"Tap here to launch HTC Sense"

So I tap, doesnt launch

"Unable to start HTC Sense, Tap here to try again"

I try again, doesnt launch. hmmm ok time for a soft reset. No good

Now I'm starting to panic....ok only thing for it... hard reset.
That done sense is back I reload ll my contacts etc.....then.............

"There has been a problem with manila.exe. Would you like to report this problem?"
Hmm ok........... then ............

"Tap here to launch HTC Sense"
So I tap, doesnt launch
"Unable to start HTC Sense, Tap here to try again"

4 hard reset and much swearing later I'm still not sure whats going on, sense is running as I write this but I dont think it will last overnight, like an elderly dog with a brain tumor!

Anyone else experienced this or know how I can solve this problem.

If it helps Its a T-Mobile UK stock Rom. I havent changed the fatfs registry entry that xda dev are saying causes this error to thats out the window, It just seems strange that the issue isnt fixed after a hard reset, surely that means that either this fault has been lying dorment since I unboxed the phone or that the hard reset isnt returning the phone to its default state.

I figured if I was going to get help anywhere it'd be here... thanks for any help you guys can offer.
Mar 2nd, 2010, 10:00 pm

When The Going Gets Weird..............The Weird Turn Pro.
Mar 3rd, 2010, 10:33 am
if it is not fixed by hard-reset, then something is screwed in the device (possibly the ROM)

I would try to reflash it (!), even if you have the stock ROM, find it and reflash it (or take the chance to try another one) and then back to the shop if it isn't moving.
Mar 3rd, 2010, 10:33 am
Mar 3rd, 2010, 9:45 pm
Really not keen to go down that route, seems ok now (24 hrs and 4 hard resets later).
I posted about it on XDA as well and about six or seven people popped up saying that they were having the exact same problem at the same time yesterday......seems very weird that it would happen to multiple people at the same time.............
Mar 3rd, 2010, 9:45 pm

Mar 27th, 2010, 5:11 pm
I would let T-Mobile UK know about it and see if they can replace it for free.
Mar 27th, 2010, 5:11 pm
Mar 27th, 2010, 7:00 pm
Its been ok ever since, every now and then someone will add to that xda thread with the same problem, must just be a bug in certain versions of manila. Doubt T Mobile would do much to help as the problems resolved itself.
I reported it to HTC and they said they were already aware of it / looking into it.....
Mar 27th, 2010, 7:00 pm

May 31st, 2011, 6:02 am
i have the same problem..i tryied to instal max senses UI and it did not work and when i removed the app htc sense didnt launch anymore..i really dont want to hard-reset it..
May 31st, 2011, 6:02 am