Discuss Pocket PC devices here.
Jun 4th, 2009, 8:20 am
Hi guys. I'm just about to receive my Omnia phone so I wolud like to ask a few questions those of you who have used the same phone. I've used other Win Mobile phone but dont really know much about the Omnia. I've seen ppl talk abaout changing the ROM. The what?? Why change the ROM and how?
On my other Win Mobile, I used SPB Mobile Shell 3. Can this be installed on Omnia as well?? (as I dont really like what they have done with the today screen on Omnia).
What are the "must have" programs for Omnia you would suggest? And, what are the "donts" for Omnia??
Are you all happy with this phone??
If I have posted this message in a wrong folder, I apologize. Thank you

Alek
Jun 4th, 2009, 8:20 am
Jun 4th, 2009, 9:33 am
Alek,

If you don't know what ROM is then I suggest you don't try to change a ROM.
Even though it made more safe it can still brick your phone completely if done without understanding.

SPB products also work on Omnia.
But you can always change the today screen in Omnia. I find the best to be Samsung Today plugins. They are faster than others.

The "must have" - familiar yourself with the http://omnia.modaco.com forum.
A very good thing to Omnia is the RotationService and TouchResponse (search them in modaco) - configure to your liking.
The "donts" are just don't install apps which are not for WQVGA or QVGA.
(and don't throw it to water or bang it on the floor)

The rest do as you please, enjoy the phone. I know I do.
Jun 4th, 2009, 9:33 am
Jun 4th, 2009, 10:02 am
ROM is phone firmware (software) and how zagzag99 say, if you dont know, better is to not change... if you buy new Omnia from store, most probably is latest official ROM already in Omnia...

for download online official upgrade (if available) go here
Jun 4th, 2009, 10:02 am
Jun 4th, 2009, 10:04 am
You dumb cunt, go and join a Samsung Omnia forum...new thread for nothing..faggot
Jun 4th, 2009, 10:04 am
Jun 4th, 2009, 11:16 am
Ferdimage wrote:You dumb cunt, go and join a Samsung Omnia forum...new thread for nothing..faggot

And you should learn how to be polite, #%/?!"
Jun 4th, 2009, 11:16 am
Jun 4th, 2009, 11:43 am
alek82 why posting this topic in Software Releases?
topic moved to "General Pocket PC Discussion " "Devices"

@ Ferdimage
1 day ban for being offensive

also alek82 will get 1 day ban
Jun 4th, 2009, 11:43 am
Jul 15th, 2009, 11:16 am
alek82 wrote:Hi guys. I'm just about to receive my Omnia phone so I wolud like to ask a few questions those of you who have used the same phone. I've used other Win Mobile phone but dont really know much about the Omnia. I've seen ppl talk abaout changing the ROM. The what?? Why change the ROM and how?
On my other Win Mobile, I used SPB Mobile Shell 3. Can this be installed on Omnia as well?? (as I dont really like what they have done with the today screen on Omnia).
What are the "must have" programs for Omnia you would suggest? And, what are the "donts" for Omnia??
Are you all happy with this phone??
If I have posted this message in a wrong folder, I apologize. Thank you

Alek

Changing the ROM is changing the phones firmware. To change the ROM you need the guide at modaco omnia. Follow the guide exactly and there should be no problems. Apparently it is really hard to upgrade the ROM if you use Vista, so if you have a XP computer your lucky. By changing the firmware the performance of the Omnia is better, as the default ROM is inadequate comparitively. SPB Mobile Shell 3 works on Omnia like a charm. "must have" programs I'll suggest is OmniaOrientation, to me it is better then RotationService as RotationService requires you to do more.
Jul 15th, 2009, 11:16 am
Dec 22nd, 2009, 8:09 am
great phone got one a few days ago
as for changing the rom if you dont know what it is dont do it im not

spb mobile shell 3.5 works great on it full screen as well
Dec 22nd, 2009, 8:09 am
Dec 25th, 2009, 6:23 pm
voyager1231 wrote:great phone got one a few days ago
as for changing the rom if you dont know what it is dont do it im not

spb mobile shell 3.5 works great on it full screen as well

Until now i am using the latest official ROM for Omnia and i have no problems ... until now ... and you are right that spb mobile shell is working great on this device
Dec 25th, 2009, 6:23 pm

timothy, 27/11/2006 - 16/08/2010
Aug 30th, 2011, 11:47 am
Hi i am new here, can you please help, How can I remove programs from omnia i8000 the unnistall feature in the phone freezes wen i unnistal...is there any way to go direct to the phone

Thanks
Aug 30th, 2011, 11:47 am