Support for everything about jailbreaking.
Mar 11th, 2011, 1:03 am
manfred marpa wrote:I was able to unlock my iphone 3G by upgrading my baseband to 6.15 from 5.14 using redsnow. But I did not upgrade my iOS to 4.2, instead stayed at 4.1 because I have read in some forums that the 4.2 can cause problems with the GPS if upgraded to the ipad baseband 6.15. I have not encountered any problems so far with the upgrade, in fact I noticed some improvements in the speed of UI response when compared before the upgrade. Hope this helps for those who are planning to unlock their iphone 3G on 4.1 with modem firmware that is not unlockable at this time.

Question:
I stupidly upgraded to 4.2.1 after doing a factory reset, i was able to open the device again with snowbreeze but im stuck with baseband 05.15.04. I dont have any insurance for this iPhone anyway so i want to try your way!

Did you have any further issue after your update and can you give me any more information on how to do this further? thanks in advance...
Mar 11th, 2011, 1:03 am
Nov 16th, 2011, 6:37 am
tailz wrote:Hi ga!nusha,

Is this a permanent unlock?

Cheers

Tony

yes unlocking a mobile from its current network is a permanent unlock..once you unlock your iphone you can use with any carrier..you see i got my iphone unlocked by remote unlocking method and i got it done from theunlockspot and its now open to use any provider's SIM without any restriction..
Nov 16th, 2011, 6:37 am