Support for everything about jailbreaking.
Dec 20th, 2012, 1:44 am
I have sprint and bought my son a new iphone 5. his old one is an iphone 4s with version 6.0.1. I want to give the 4s to a friend who is on att. I spoke to the gut at the apple store and he said it should work if I get the unlock code from sprint. I called sprint and persuaded the guy to give me the unlock code. Now I've been looking here and everywhere else for a couple of days and can not figure out how to use that unlock code. I put another friends att sim card in the phone and rather then promt me to enter the code all it said was that it was an uncompatible sim card. Can someone please tell me where to go from here? Thanks
Dec 20th, 2012, 1:44 am
Apr 18th, 2013, 12:15 pm
First of all your phone's EMEI number needs to be entered into the unlock database by sprint and then you need to de-activate and then reactivate or alternatively restore your phone in iTunes.
Apr 18th, 2013, 12:15 pm
Apr 18th, 2013, 1:38 pm
I don't know if sprint pretty much has the same unlocking process but I've got a friend who currently works for AT&T. They ask for the iPhone's IMEI. They use a specific system wherein they have to enter the IMEI and gets to send a request to unlock the phone. iPhone has no unlock code. Once the request has been submitted, you will be instructed to do a complete back up and restore in iTunes, your phone should be unlocked after it.
Apr 18th, 2013, 1:38 pm

I read therefore I am

Just PM me if my links are down
Jun 7th, 2013, 11:06 pm
Yea you need to call the new provider and give them the phones IMEI which is in the General section and then the code you got from Sprint
Jun 7th, 2013, 11:06 pm