Disk4mat wrote:superman5150 wrote:Why is it still IMPOSSIBLE to download the app update from the actual app?!?!
As has been written multiple times here, and is written in CAPS in the update message you see when you're asked to update in the app, you have to uninstall the previous version before installing this one.
It's amazing how many people'll skip right over that, even though notice of the newest update's right there where they'd read! Though I will admit it's a bit cumbersome for those of us who've been rather absent for much long the time to scour the thread for said thread:
Disk4mat wrote:v18.104.22.168 released. This is a big update and will require a clean install, please uninstall the previous version.
- added: My Applications (what you guys requested from Mobilism v1, used to check for updates for existing apps)
- added: dark theme (as requested, for those who dont like the bright backgrounds)
- added: automatic backup and restore of watchlist (so that you dont lose your watchlist if you uninstall)
- added: updates - ignore beta versions in releases (option used to not see betas when the update feature is looking for latest versions in Mobilism's database)
- fixed: some UI color settings
- fixed: initiate correct download directory
- fixed: notifications for Android Oreo (caused downloads and other notifications to not show up)
- fixed: deletion of downloaded releases on mob2x uninstall
- note > directory WatchlistBackup will be used to update,
restore and backup your custom watchlist.
Feel free to copy it to a safe place at app closure
but do not remove it.
https://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=214777&start=3035 - that way, it's anchored to the 1st post on that page.
And thanks - I've hardbricked my phone while overclocking its battery (heh). Once I get a new phone (I don't trust/like the newer Samsungs & locality restrictions exist on which otherworldly models one can contract/buy, so I hope it backports in compatibility: Call me the cynic. I prefer to manually edit permissions in reverse-engineer ways of sorts than they add all the crap in & I've gotta scrap more of the phone to get it barebones useful: referring to Google & Carrier, FWIW), I'll try this out. Until then, it's downloaded locally on my desktop. Last time I'd used it was 1.9.1 or 1.9.2 and the premium/platinum login kept logging-out after some certain X interval of time once we'd terminated the app. Did that get fixed please?