Discuss internal Pocket PC hardware as well as accessories such as GPS receivers, keyboards, memory cards, cables, etc. here.
Feb 1st, 2012, 6:06 pm
hi,

can anoyone recommend a WM 6.5.x device to buy nowadays? I've had an Acer device for some years but it's time to update. Sorry, just Windows Mobile 6.5 devices, no Android or whatsoever.

Thanks.
Feb 1st, 2012, 6:06 pm
Apr 8th, 2012, 8:44 am
I like the hd2.. I dont think they're making any new 6.5 phones unfortunately
Apr 8th, 2012, 8:44 am
Apr 22nd, 2012, 11:02 pm
The last 6.5 phone was released in October of 2011, and that was a rugged device, so I wouldn't think you would want that one. The last commercially available released device was I believe the Motorola ES400S, which was also more of a rugged device.

Out of the most powerful, you can probably get the HTC HD2 on T-Mobile, which can even run the Windows Phone 7 or Android. That phone, however, has a capacitive screen with multitouch, which means that you cannot use a stylus (to me, was a minus).

I have the LG Fathom, which has the 1 Ghz Snapdragon processor, physical keyboard, and a resistive screen. I consider it the best phone released for Windows Mobile 6.5 due to that combination of features. You can get an unlocked version of this to run only on GSM if you want, or through Verizon. I don't think you will have much luck getting CDMA to work elsewhere, from what I've read. The somewhat equivalent of this device is the LG Expo on AT&T.

On Sprint CDMA you will find the HTC Touch Pro 2.

Basically,

HTC HD2
LG Fathom
LG Expo
HTC Touch Pro 2

Good luck.
Apr 22nd, 2012, 11:02 pm