Discuss internal Pocket PC hardware as well as accessories such as GPS receivers, keyboards, memory cards, cables, etc. here.
Mar 1st, 2009, 1:54 pm
Has anyone had a problem where their Axim will just not turn on? I tried many things. Nothing happens even if I try to do a hard reset. Nothing on the screen!!!

I spent 2-3 hours trying to fix this yesterday, and I am very frustrated. Please help me.

EDIT: I will be offering a 50 WRZ$ reward to whoever submits a working fix.

Thanks in advance,
AximFreak
Mar 1st, 2009, 1:54 pm

<3
Mar 2nd, 2009, 7:06 pm
Sure you have working, eventually fully charged, battery pack? I have had this problem (with another device though) and replacing the battery helped.
Mar 2nd, 2009, 7:06 pm

(\_/) Online version of the AppStore - appstore.rullaf.com
(o.O)
(> <) Image
Mar 2nd, 2009, 7:43 pm
Yes, I have a fully charged battery. In fact, I have 2 battery packs – both work. No, that's not the problem.
Mar 2nd, 2009, 7:43 pm

<3
Mar 2nd, 2009, 7:46 pm
Look at the slider on the side. You can lock the device if you slide it down, slide it back up.
Mar 2nd, 2009, 7:46 pm

Support developers.
Mar 2nd, 2009, 9:20 pm
Nope. That's not it.

It doesn't even hard reset when I try to. It doesn't do anything when I press any button (including power, reset, power+reset for hard reset).

:cry:
Mar 2nd, 2009, 9:20 pm

<3
Mar 6th, 2009, 11:53 am
Hi All,

Someone to tell where to look in the Device ID code?
Mar 6th, 2009, 11:53 am
Mar 6th, 2009, 3:48 pm
I think battery power don't reach to your device,may be some cable which carry electricity is broken.
also one question,isn't it work when you connect your phone to a power supply?
and if it is possible check your battery in a same device.
Mar 6th, 2009, 3:48 pm
Mar 7th, 2009, 10:34 pm
My PPC fixed itself :)
I tried turning it on every morning (really) for 7 days and it started working today.
I have no idea why, but I'm glad that it did.

Yay!

__

EDIT: Not working again. I spoke too soon. I turned it off and it stopped working :(
Mar 7th, 2009, 10:34 pm

<3
Mar 8th, 2009, 11:19 pm
AximFreak wrote:My PPC fixed itself :)
I tried turning it on every morning (really) for 7 days and it started working today.
I have no idea why, but I'm glad that it did.

Yay!

__

EDIT: Not working again. I spoke too soon. I turned it off and it stopped working :(

Could it be that the battery latch is not shut properly? Read this: http://solsie.com/2007/02/dell-axim-tip ... h-problem/
Mar 8th, 2009, 11:19 pm

Support developers.
Mar 9th, 2009, 6:46 pm
Nope. That's not the problem. I had already done that about 6 months ago and it was working fine. Suddenly it stops working. ???? I don't know why.

I might be getting an iPod touch soon, so it could be a replacement for my x51v.
Mar 9th, 2009, 6:46 pm

<3
Mar 9th, 2009, 6:49 pm
Eek. My Axim is really having problems. Right now, it suddenly turned on, showed a dell logo (boot screen) for a few secs, then display went blank. The wifi light was blinking for a few more seconds, then it went away also.

WTH?? :shock:

Wow, my dell really has problems.
Mar 9th, 2009, 6:49 pm

<3
Sep 30th, 2014, 1:40 pm
I just finished a project that connects my Digital Multimeter (METEX/Voltcraft M-3640D) to my WM5 Fujitsu LOOX N560 through the COM port.

Although the multimeter uses internal opto couplers for the data lines, their needed driver voltages supplied by the PDA (5V) are sufficient. I get stable signals from the RS232 port and can do longterm data collection/plotting this way.

A similar project, trying to control the universal allband scanner radio AOR A8000 by the same PDA has failed so far, for unknown reasons - I am still testing my options here.

So it all depends on the devices to connect. In some cases an external 'pull' battery may be sufficient to keep control lines or opto-couplers happy for transmission.

Good luck!

You can easily check out our best quality 640-916 dumps exam dumps prepare you well for the real ICMA exam. You can also get success in real exam of New York University .
Sep 30th, 2014, 1:40 pm