Discuss internal Pocket PC hardware as well as accessories such as GPS receivers, keyboards, memory cards, cables, etc. here.
Sep 10th, 2009, 9:59 pm
Everytime i try to go at storage card i have problem it freezes , i need to end in profes file explorer and try over 10-15 times until i get access to storage card . ( SD Card )

I've tried 256mb sd and 2gb sd and same problem freezes when i try to go at storage card .

should i need to install any driver
Sep 10th, 2009, 9:59 pm
Sep 10th, 2009, 10:28 pm
Are you accessing the storage card on your PPC or your computer?

If it's on your PPC, have you flashed a modified ROM?
Sep 10th, 2009, 10:28 pm
Sep 10th, 2009, 10:31 pm
sdawson wrote:Are you accessing the storage card on your PPC or your computer?

If it's on your PPC, have you flashed a modified ROM?

I'm talking about PPC .

i can have access but after i have to try over 10 times and i can get access , everytime i try it freezes and i need to go at processes and shut down file explorer .

so how can i flash or modifiy ROM ?
Sep 10th, 2009, 10:31 pm
Sep 10th, 2009, 10:45 pm
What type of pocket pc is it?
Sep 10th, 2009, 10:45 pm
Sep 10th, 2009, 10:50 pm
its samsung i830 windows mobile 5

p.s sometimes memory card works but the most of times when i try it freezes . .
Sep 10th, 2009, 10:50 pm
Sep 10th, 2009, 11:48 pm
That sounds more like a faulty card reader more than anything. Did it used to work well and then suddenly stop working without you changing anything?
Sep 10th, 2009, 11:48 pm
Sep 11th, 2009, 11:26 am
sdawson wrote:That sounds more like a faulty card reader more than anything. Did it used to work well and then suddenly stop working without you changing anything?

yeah thats right . but i don't know what do do , i've tried 2 mem cards and same problem
Sep 11th, 2009, 11:26 am
Sep 11th, 2009, 8:13 pm
burimi007 wrote:
sdawson wrote:That sounds more like a faulty card reader more than anything. Did it used to work well and then suddenly stop working without you changing anything?

yeah thats right . but i don't know what do do , i've tried 2 mem cards and same problem

Changing the SD card won't help if it's the reader that is causing the problems. You will need to replace the reader, or the cheaper option is to replace your phone.
Sep 11th, 2009, 8:13 pm
Sep 12th, 2009, 6:51 pm
sdawson wrote:
burimi007 wrote:

Changing the SD card won't help if it's the reader that is causing the problems. You will need to replace the reader, or the cheaper option is to replace your phone.

ok i should change that phone but i want to ask a question .

what is the best phone to use Pocket GBA ( i mean best phone which gives you more fps .

I saw some phones like dell X51 but i don't know what is the best to play gba games .
Sep 12th, 2009, 6:51 pm
Jan 20th, 2011, 9:38 pm
no one has mentioned that wm5 has a secure alert program that any time you cut and paste to the card it will alert this secure issue and develope a file that will locks you out of the card sometimes. Try to bring the card back up, once you have; look over the whole card and see if the are any new folders that have appeared. From my experience the folder name will start with a capital W, most of the time the folder named will be with all capitals. If you see this type of folder, just delete it. This will allow you to access the card again. This is from my experience, though you may have a bad reader as everyone has stated, but checking to see if this type of folder has be created, it may just save you from having to buy a new reader.
Jan 20th, 2011, 9:38 pm
Oct 7th, 2011, 9:22 am
Try to bring the card back up, once you have; look over the whole card and see if the are any new folders that have appeared. i think so...
Oct 7th, 2011, 9:22 am