Discuss internal Pocket PC hardware as well as accessories such as GPS receivers, keyboards, memory cards, cables, etc. here.
Jan 3rd, 2010, 5:01 pm
Hy guys,
This is my first post so please be gentle :)
I have a Mio Moov 500 and I installed on it Igo 8, the only problem is that I can no longer acces it thru USB. Can I do anything to regain acces?
I changed the AppStartupSec.exe file with the Igo8.exe which I belive is my mistake
Is there anyway to acces the flash in order to change it back???

thanks
Jan 3rd, 2010, 5:01 pm
Jan 5th, 2010, 8:39 pm
Maybe this helps

The tutorial is not written by me

hope you will understand my explanations:
I have one mio moov 200. I've tried to install igo8.3 on it.
First, I renamed the original folder with miomap on the flash to "Program Files\MioMap_bk"
I've created a new folder with igo8 and with the name "Program Files\MioMap". Also the name of the executable file from igo i've changed form "igo8.exe" to "AppStartupSec.exe".
After the restart of moov 200 the device freezes with the splash screen of igo8.
Even if the device was connected with the PC, the PC couldn't access the flash on the navigator.
I've searched on different forums and didn't find any clear information about how to reset the software.
The DVD from the box had no utilities for recovery of mio moov200.
I've tried different softwares from different sites, still no success.
I tried to disconnect the internal battery, and after a few minutes , connected back and start the device, with the USB cable connected, the PC still not find the device.
Here I've read something about shortening of two pins, but the procedure wasn't so clear.
I opened the case (there are 2 little screws). I saw the switch on the top of device (the switch for RESET/OFF/ON). There are 4 pins (space between pins 3 and 4 is more than space between pins 1 and 2 , or 3 and 4) With the USB cable connected to PC, the switch on the position OFF, I've shortened pins 1 and 2 using a coin of 50 Cents, nothing changed. probably by mistake I shortened also the pins 2 and 3 (those distanced) and after a few seconds , the PC found a new Hardware. I've waited for a few seconds, the flash of moov200 received a letter in my computer, I've renamed the folder with IGO and than restored the original name for the folder with the GOOD miomap. After disconnecting the cable, the device loaded again the original software from the flash memory.

LIVIUCRISTINAGAL2002@YAHOO.COM FOR MOR INFO

If you have any questions, I will try to answer.
Have a nice day.
Jan 5th, 2010, 8:39 pm
Jan 6th, 2010, 6:39 pm
thank, I will try tonight
Jan 6th, 2010, 6:39 pm
May 7th, 2010, 8:30 pm
I have a Mio 400th In it I ordered Igo Amiga and the file "paths" instead AppStartupSec.exe renamed in Amigo.exe. When I reset the device to run my normal AMIGO but we can not detect multiple USB. Please tell me how to. Excuse my English.
May 7th, 2010, 8:30 pm
Jun 10th, 2010, 6:20 pm
So, in the end I finally found the time to fix my Moov with a remark, for Mio Moov 500 you need to short out pin 1 and 2 on the ON position
Jun 10th, 2010, 6:20 pm