Discuss internal Pocket PC hardware as well as accessories such as GPS receivers, keyboards, memory cards, cables, etc. here.
Jan 12th, 2010, 9:29 pm
Hi,
I need a microSDHC card for my PDA. I was thinking of a 16GB Class 2 (2 MB/s) card, because I dont want to pay twice the price for a class 6 card. My question is: Will the class 2 card be enough for applications such as iGo 8.3? (What bitrate does it approximately need to display the maps & terrain?) I'm not that worried about playing videos or mp3s, as 2 MB/s should be more tham enough for that.

Thanks, Mike
Jan 12th, 2010, 9:29 pm
Apr 29th, 2010, 2:59 pm
WM devices are not so snappy that there would be any difference between class 2 or class 6. If igo is freezing it's not the fault of you memory card.
Apr 29th, 2010, 2:59 pm
Apr 30th, 2010, 12:07 pm
I would suggest you to buy a Class 4 instead of Class 2 because my HD2 acts relly laggy for the first 30 seconds or so when I insert my Class 2 16 GB MicroSD! With a Class-4-one there's no such behaviour!
Apr 30th, 2010, 12:07 pm
Jun 2nd, 2010, 9:13 pm
Well, I have to admit that you've surprised me. I wasn't expecting a reply after such a long time :D I've already bought a class2 16GB SD card, because I was told told on another forum that the class doesn't matter at all. I also checked some statistics and it was quite obvious that no PDA in the test could reach the 2MB/s speed. The average writing speed was about 300 KB/s, I believe, so if the PDA can't reach the speed anyway, why to waste the money? I'm pretty satisfied with the class2, everything works fine, etc...
By the way: The 2 MB/s is only the certified speed. When I'm writing files on the card using computer, the number is a lot higher than just 2 MB/s.
Regards, Mike.
Jun 2nd, 2010, 9:13 pm