Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules. Post count not affected.
May 17th, 2018, 6:01 pm
Have you read any of Daniel Arenson books? The Requiem dragon books are some of my favorite and happen to be why I want WRZ$ so I can request more of his books on here. His Moth series is good as well.
May 17th, 2018, 6:01 pm
May 20th, 2018, 1:45 pm
This ought to make you chuckle Amill!

Can a kangaroo jump higher than a house?
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Of course, a house doesn’t jump at all. :?

I got another one for you, brace yourself.

Anton, do you think I’m a bad mother?
-
-
-
-
-
My name is Paul.

And finally.

Doctor: “Do you do sports?”
-
-

Patient: “Does sex count?”
-
-

Doctor: “Yes.”
-
-
-
-

Patient: “Then no.”

May 20th, 2018, 1:45 pm
May 21st, 2018, 4:35 am
If you are interested in books with Indian Mythology woven with fictional story then you should try Shiva Trilogy by Amish Tripathi.
May 21st, 2018, 4:35 am
May 21st, 2018, 6:49 am
I bet the trashy romance novels I read aren't really worth recommending... but I did see the movie the Greatest Showman on the plane last week, and if you haven't seen it, I totally recommend it!
May 21st, 2018, 6:49 am
May 22nd, 2018, 10:59 am
Hi Amill!

Very generous offer you've put up here! Off the top of my head, If you havent read Jim Butchers Codex Alera Series its WELL worth the effort, On a VERY different subject I also recommend 'The Hardest (Working) Man in Showbiz' by Ron Jeremy (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ron-Jeremy-Hardest-Working-Showbiz/dp/0060840838).

Can't think of anything else this second as my mind has gone blank. Sorry!

Anyway, thanks in advance regardless of the outcome!
May 22nd, 2018, 10:59 am

"There's a Mr Grim at the door.....Something about Reaping....?"
May 22nd, 2018, 12:02 pm
I've recently discovered the joys of Steampunk and this was largely influenced by the Tales of the Ketty Jay series by Chris Wooding. I loved the British humor - plenty of laugh-aloud moments. It's a new and fresh take on pirates and each character has been built and one identifies with them.

If you've not tried Steampunk, then I strongly recommend Chris Wooding's Tales of the Ketty Jay series. Hope you enjoy it, as much as I did. Cheers!
May 22nd, 2018, 12:02 pm
May 23rd, 2018, 6:10 pm
I'm just checking how much WRZ$ I have. Sorry I couldn't think of a better way to find out. (oops looks like I have to much)
May 23rd, 2018, 6:10 pm

There is no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots
May 24th, 2018, 2:46 am
Hmm, book recomendations, well I read pretty much everything except pure horror and psychological thillers,

Assassin type novels, Baldacci's Will Robie series, Mark Greaney's Gray Man Series, Gregg Hurwiz's Orphan X, Barry Eisler has the Livia Lone series and the John Rain series as well as several excellent single novels. Scott Bergstrom's 2 book series, the Cruelty and the Greed, TE Woods - Justice Novels, Andrew Warrens's Thomas Caine series, Brett Battles - Excoms, and Jonathan Quinn series, Russel Blake's Jet series, Tom Wood - Victor the Assasin series

Fixer/ Vigilante series - Matt Rogers has the Jason King Series, Lee Child - Matt Hilton- Joe Hunter series, Tim Tigner - Kyle Achilles, Sam Sisavath - Allie Krychek, Zoe Sharp - Charlie Fox novels, Richard K Morgan - Altered Carbon,

FBI type series - Catherine Coulter's FBI series and A Brit in the FBI series, David Baldacci - John Puller and Amos Decker, PJ Tracey - Monkeewrench series, Stephanie Mayer- The Chemist

Space Opera - John Scalzi - The Old Man's War Series, David Weber - Honor Harrington Series, Mike Shepherd
s Kris Longknife Series, Jamie McFarlane -Privateer Series, Tanya Huff -Confederation, Dennis E Taylor - Bobiverse, Harry Harrison,

Urban Fantasy - Jennifer Estep - Elemental Assassin Series, Jamie McFarlane Witchy World series, Michael Anderle -Kurtherian Gambit, Larry Correia Monster Hunters International, Grimnoir Chronicle's, Dead Six series, Kelley Armstrong - Casey Duncan series and Nadia Staford series, Wen Spencer -Elfhome and Ukiah Oregon series, Patricia Briggs - Mercy Thompson, Laurann Dohner- New Species and VLG series, Lora Leigh-Breed series, Kim Harrison - Hollows series, Chloe Neill, Shannon Meyer, Jim Butcher- Harry Dresden, Kevin Hearne- Iron Druid, Gini Koch, Heather Graham, Danika Dark - Keystone series,

Paranormal Authors: Thea Harrison's Elders Series, Christine Feehan, Naline Singh, Molly Harper, Ilona Andrews, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Shelly Laurenston, Jennifer Ashley, Lisa Sherin, Charlaine Harris, Lynsay Sands, SE Smith,

Fantasy - Stephen Brust - Vlad Taltos series, Marion Zimmer Bradley - Darkover series, Anne McCaffrey - Dragons of Pern,

Futuristic - Andrew Vailencourt - The Fixer Series, David Suarez - Daemon Series, and several stand alone books, Jamie McFarlane, JD Robb (AKA Nora Roberts) Eve Dallas series, Anna Hacket - Hell Squad, Rebecca Zanetti Scorpius Syndrome,

Romance, Nora Roberts, EL James, Jayne Ann Krentz, Amanda Quick, NOT ALLOWED, Elizabeth Lowell, Julie Ann Walker, Carly Philips, Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Diana Gabaldon, Lorelei James, Carrie Ann Ryan,

..... and so on. There are so many good authors out there and so very many great series and so little time:) :)

Cheers,
May 24th, 2018, 2:46 am
May 24th, 2018, 8:26 am
You must have less than 100 WRZ$
May 24th, 2018, 8:26 am
May 25th, 2018, 5:36 am
My absolute favorite author ever is Steve Berry... His Cotton Malone series is awesome if you like Historical fiction (Even if you dont, hes such a great author I've known quite a few people that love his books and hate the historical fiction genre in general.) He also has several standalone books that are just as good if you're not into the series. The Amber Room is one of his firsts and my all time favorite. I literally almost missed Christmas with my family one year after an ex gave me the book the night before (We always opened presents from each other on Christmas Eve). Stayed up all night reading and had to be made to put it down and leave the house lol.

Just recently finished Ready Player One and it was fantastic even though Im not usually a huge fan of sci-fi. A friend recommended it because of the movie coming out, put off reading it for weeks but couldnt put it down when I finally started it. I haven't seen the movie but that same friend said that is does Not follow the book (a HUGE pet peeve of mine) so Im not in any hurry to watch it now but I will definitely reread the book.

I finished the Red Sparrow trilogy about a month ago and loved them as well. More the thriller/mystery/ espionage type books but some of the best I've read.
I also haven't seen the movie of Red Sparrow yet, Im hoping it follows along w the book though so its not a disappointment.

Probably a little odd to some, but if you've never read them then the Harry Potter books then you definitely should!! They will always be in my Top Five Favorites of all time lol. Even if you have read them, I'd still recommend reading through them again just because they're so good! Plus you don't really catch on to all of J. K. Rowlings genius until you've went through a few times

And last but not least.... One I recommend to anyone and everyone is the classic The Grapes of Wrath. I make it a point to read it at least once a year and Idk why but I love it everytime.
May 25th, 2018, 5:36 am
May 25th, 2018, 6:56 am
Fun thread, and great idea, thank you :)

Here's a silly joke/riddle told to me by my 8 year old today ...

Q: "What does a cloud wear under his clothes"

A: Thunderwear
May 25th, 2018, 6:56 am
May 25th, 2018, 7:21 am
How about a riddle? It's from one of my favorite riddle games "MindTrap":

*** QUESTION ***

While exploring the Amazon Jungle, Professor Fossil was seized by hostile natives who told him he could make one final statement which would determine how he would die. If the statement he made was false, he would be boiled in water. If the statement were true, he would be fried in oil. Since Fossil found neither option too attractive, he made a statement that got him out of this seemingly impossible situation. What is the one statement he could have made?

*** ANSWER ***

The statement that Fossil made was: "You will boil me in hot water." The natives are faced with a dilemma. If they boil him in water, that would make his statement true, which means he should have been fried in oil. They can only fry him in oil if he makes a true statement, but if they do, it would make his final statement false. The natives had no way out of their situation so they were forced to set Fossil free.
May 25th, 2018, 7:21 am
May 26th, 2018, 2:34 pm
I can recommend The Chronicles of the black Company by Glen Cook. I consider myself a pretty hardened individual but when I got to the last book in this series, and the fate of the main character, Croaker, left me with a lump in my throat - it was so fitting to the history and the nature of the character that I nearly shed a tear. Fantasy at it's very best.

P
May 26th, 2018, 2:34 pm
May 27th, 2018, 6:58 am

The Golden Compass!
Is my recommendation. Seeing how there multiple choices to recommend I’m going with a book/ Movie. It wasn’t an easy pick but I have to go with this one. Its so magical. So many characters I love. The movie is amazing, sadly no sequel. The book must be amazing. Have yet to read it. So many stories I like about it. I like how its supposedly against Christianity as I hate Christians. Its bullshit. Their depict of their deamons and its anger and fight against suppression is really inspiring and wonderfully expressed. I love the snow, the polar bears, all the actors, Lyra and Iorek. I do feel society and religion try to take down your deamons fighting spirit and brainwash you conforming you to their will.

This is a wonderful thread and my favorite in Mobilism. I’m glad I got here and found it before the 200 mark and would recommend this is invited when one once joins.

Thank you very much and may the Daemons be with you!
May 27th, 2018, 6:58 am

Without strife, your victory has no meaning.
Without strife, you do not advance.
Without strife, there is only stagnation.

May 27th, 2018, 9:56 am
I you don't mind subtitles and like zombie action film, I highly recommend Train to Busan (a korean movie). as well as, miracle cell no 7(drama comedy), secret reunion(action), secretly greatly (action drama), jeon woochi taoist wizard (adventure).

If you're into anime try ghost hunt, twelve kingdoms (i recommend reading the translated book of this as well), one punch man(comedy), shingeki no kyojin, avatar last airbender and natsume yuujincho.

Im a one piece fan, so if you're looking for something fun, light, and crazy to watch this would be among the anime to see..
May 27th, 2018, 9:56 am