Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules. Post count not affected.
Jul 15th, 2018, 11:17 pm
Depends... what kind of books or movies do you like?

Everyone suggests sci fi or entertainment books... I'll go with a book that can help if you're struggling with personal issues (we all have them eventually). 'Loving what is" by Byron Katie... a very different way to live.
Jul 15th, 2018, 11:17 pm
Jul 16th, 2018, 3:53 am
Hi, I have a joke :

I saw a man at the beach yelling "Help, shark! Help!"

I just laughed, I knew that shark wasn't going to help him. :D
Jul 16th, 2018, 3:53 am
Jul 19th, 2018, 9:10 pm
Hello! I have a fantasy story recommendation, and it's "The Tomato Thief" by Ursula Vernon aka T. Kingfisher, one of my top favourite authors/artists. This is her first story that I read and it has an older female protagonist of colour, shapeshifting, magic, gardening, a mysterious theft, a dragon, an evil wizard, etc, all in a desert setting. It also won a Hugo Award for best novelette. I also love her book Nine Goblins, which was a fun read, and am currently making my way through her comic series Digger.
Jul 19th, 2018, 9:10 pm
Jul 29th, 2018, 9:55 am
Hello – I read a load of different stuff but one of my favourite series for a light read is the Sue Grafton ‘Alphabet’ detective series. The books feature investigator Kinsey Millhone and begin with "A" Is for Alibi, then "B" Is for Burglar, etc. Grafton said that the series would end with "Z" Is for Zero, but unfortunately she died before writing it, so the series ends with “Y" Is for Yesterday.
Jul 29th, 2018, 9:55 am
Aug 7th, 2018, 7:42 pm
Hello,
I hope my English will be well enough to post here this short quip:

What are the 2 great unanswered questions from the history of the human kind?
#1. Who invented the labor?
#2. Why the others didn't kill him right away?

:D :D :D
Aug 7th, 2018, 7:42 pm
Aug 9th, 2018, 6:30 am
I don't think I can recommend Red vs. Blue enough. Unless you're not a fan of machinima, that is, or if you don't like Halo. It starts out with two teams of hilariously misfit soldiers fighting a civil war against each other in the middle of a box canyon and then... holy crap, the places it goes after that. Honestly, if I try to go into more detail, you'll get confused. This is a show that needs to be experienced. And to really love it, you need patience. The first season started out as a joke that wasn't supposed to go anywhere, but then it practically blew up in popularity overnight and they decided to just go with it The next few seasons are a bit haphazard as well, but still laugh out loud funny sometimes. It's not until you get to the fourth season that you start to realize the plot's building up to something big. The sixth season is where it all gets real. There's more action, more cohesiveness, more drama, and just more everything.

Seriously, if you make it that far, then you'll be left wondering how something so complex and brilliantly written could come from all that crap before. There's a reason it's the longest running episodic web series of all time.

The first 13 seasons are on Netflix, or you can watch all 16 seasons (and all five mini-series because those are important, too) on the Rooster Teeth website where it all began.

(Wow, that's long. I don't know if you can tell, but I really love this show.)
Aug 9th, 2018, 6:30 am
Aug 14th, 2018, 3:04 am
Hello! A movie recommendation I have is Pleasantville (1998) by Gary Ross. It's about two teenage siblings (played by Tobey Maguire and Reese Witherspoon) who get sent into their television set to be in a show called Pleasantville. The film is in black and white when they first enter the show and then color slowly starts being added as the siblings impact the citizens of the town.
Aug 14th, 2018, 3:04 am
Aug 14th, 2018, 5:34 am
How does one find out their WRZ$ balance? There doesn't seem to be any obvious link. Surely such info should be available on one's account details.
Aug 14th, 2018, 5:34 am
Aug 17th, 2018, 6:28 am
Have you ever seen any of the Detective Dee movies? If not its realy good to me because of the cultural seting and the familiar feel of Sherlock homes in it. And if that does not get yea how bout the book series spinward fringe by Randolph Lalonde I love the ideas in it.
Aug 17th, 2018, 6:28 am
Aug 22nd, 2018, 1:13 pm
Have you ever read the Throne of Glass series, by NOT ALLOWED? It is my favorite series at the moment, i think you should give it a try! =D
Aug 22nd, 2018, 1:13 pm
Aug 24th, 2018, 5:06 pm
can you donate some to me?
Aug 24th, 2018, 5:06 pm
Aug 24th, 2018, 5:24 pm
t0yss wrote:can you donate some to me?

Obviously not. Read the OP
Aug 24th, 2018, 5:24 pm
Aug 24th, 2018, 6:10 pm
Teacher: "Kids, what does the chicken give you?"
Student: "Meat!"
Teacher: "Very good! Now what does the pig give you?"
Student: "Bacon!"
Teacher: "Great! And what does the fat cow give you?"
Student: "Homework!"
lol
Aug 24th, 2018, 6:10 pm
Aug 25th, 2018, 3:40 pm
Hello Amill,
I don't really know what kind of books you like but i can recommend a french author. I really like her books; Sonja Delzongle (thriller mostly)
I think maybe there is a translation of her books in English.
Aug 25th, 2018, 3:40 pm