Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules. Post count not affected.
Mar 17th, 2018, 10:55 pm
There are many who purchase books to post them here exclusively, but they are wise enough to know that the second a file has gone public it is no longer theirs. That same file will be replicated in dozens or hundreds of other sites and there is nothing they can do. This is the Internet, pal. But keep dreaming of impossible scenarios if it makes you feel better.
Mar 17th, 2018, 10:55 pm
Apr 12th, 2018, 10:09 pm
anybody can upload Financial Times pdf?
Apr 12th, 2018, 10:09 pm
Apr 13th, 2018, 9:16 am
wappa wrote:Most of last week's FTE issues are on magazineagain. Direct downloads but the site does attack and tries to install a coin miner without asking.

magazineagain?

Can you give us an a better idea of the full url?
Apr 13th, 2018, 9:16 am
Apr 13th, 2018, 2:09 pm
Sorry I wasn't sure if it is ok to link to 'rivals'.
Search using duckduckgo and its the first non ad hit, google suppresses such sites.

I see merry60 has made a comment. To clarify, the pdfs are good, apart from discreet russian watermarks, but your virus checker will issue a warning that an attack has been made and sometimes an exe has been downloaded that it will delete. No different to some other sites that mobilism users upload to. If you're worried then run your browser in a sandbox or have a second windows build in another partition just for downloading or use an old PC.

Just realised the russian markings contain the URL where the pdfs came from, no problems downloading from there instead.
Apr 13th, 2018, 2:09 pm
Apr 23rd, 2018, 10:20 am
any kind soul can upload FT newspaper in pdf?
Apr 23rd, 2018, 10:20 am
May 5th, 2018, 11:56 am
Is there a reason why FT and Guardian do not show up during weekend (when they probably have their best editions)?
May 5th, 2018, 11:56 am
May 5th, 2018, 5:34 pm
inkgenie wrote:Is there a reason why FT and Guardian do not show up during weekend (when they probably have their best editions)?

Probably. :D

I suspect that whoever posts them only has access during weekdays, perhaps from their employer. Too bad, as I miss those weekend editions too.
May 5th, 2018, 5:34 pm
May 17th, 2018, 6:36 pm
Holy cow, they're back and sometimes uploaded to consistently working sites (suprafiles/cloudy).

Thanks!
May 17th, 2018, 6:36 pm
May 28th, 2018, 7:15 am
Has this site stopped uploading all the UK Sunday newspapers?
Not a single one posted yesterday.
I was in and out like a YoYo looking for them.
But nothing.
#NightKing is usually a great poster of these.
:-(
May 28th, 2018, 7:15 am
Jul 4th, 2018, 9:01 am
hmm..seems like daily financial times pdf has stopped uploading again :(
Jul 4th, 2018, 9:01 am
Jul 4th, 2018, 1:35 pm
weige77 wrote:hmm..seems like daily financial times pdf has stopped uploading again :(

I noticed the same thing. Really sad , if anyone has an other source to download it please
Jul 4th, 2018, 1:35 pm
Jul 18th, 2018, 10:06 am
I'm really missing my daily fix - is there anyone who can satisfy my craving. No week-end edition has been especially difficult. Thanks for all the good work.
Jul 18th, 2018, 10:06 am
Jul 20th, 2018, 6:59 am
FWIW, I may have an explanation:

I recently registered for a trial subscription to the FT and the PDFs are gone from the site.

They only have some crappy PDF replica rendered in a complicated and clumsy JS framework, page by page and not downloadable.

I specifically asked a live chat customer support person and they said the PDFs are not available from FT anymore.

I also wrote several emails to help@ft.com to complain about this and inquire about the whereabouts of the PDFs. PDFs among other things cannot be tracked and the FT or their associates cannot learn what I am interested in etc. No psychological profiling. But … no reply!

(In their crap web rendering of the print pages, which they offer their readers as a substitute for the PDFs, my network monitor caught multiple resource requests and calls to profiling/tracking/ad companies…)

It's blows my mind how the noose is tightening. It's all the more disturbing given that Russia has now burrowed into the very top of the US government. The poison spreads from above and below…
Jul 20th, 2018, 6:59 am
Jul 20th, 2018, 9:25 am
rudy.arnheim wrote:FWIW, I may have an explanation:

I recently registered for a trial subscription to the FT and the PDFs are gone from the site.

They only have some crappy PDF replica rendered in a complicated and clumsy JS framework, page by page and not downloadable.

I specifically asked a live chat customer support person and they said the PDFs are not available from FT anymore.

I also wrote several emails to help@ft.com to complain about this and inquire about the whereabouts of the PDFs. PDFs among other things cannot be tracked and the FT or their associates cannot learn what I am interested in etc. No psychological profiling. But … no reply!

(In their crap web rendering of the print pages, which they offer their readers as a substitute for the PDFs, my network monitor caught multiple resource requests and calls to profiling/tracking/ad companies…)

It's blows my mind how the noose is tightening. It's all the more disturbing given that Russia has now burrowed into the very top of the US government. The poison spreads from above and below…

Thanks for the insight, Rudy!
Jul 20th, 2018, 9:25 am