Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules. Post count not affected.
Jun 13th, 2019, 8:40 pm
loonyboyx wrote:http://www.europarl.europa.eu/ftu/pdf/en/FTU_1.3.12.pdf

Seriously? That is NOT EVEN AN AUDIT. It's basic details about a possible very basic assessment of an extremely cursory nature that will NOT GIVE ANY REAL ANSWERS AS TO THE COUNTLESS BILLIONS OF EUROS THAT HAVE BEEN 'LOST' IN THE EU OVER THE DECADES.

A real audit contains FIGURES, citations and proof, and is a COMPREHENSIVE RECORD OF ALL TRANSACTIONS ACCOUNTING FOR EVERY PENNY. It will involve a quarter of a century of financial transactions, be absolutely huge, and will explain everything re: money spent by the EU. One of the criticisms continually aimed at the EU is that it has 'lost' (either through incompetence or corruption) a near uncountable amount of Euros, and refuses to allow auditors to investigate the losses. Why would the EU refuse to let anyone investigate this? Surely if the people at the top were innocent then they'd be glad of anyone pointing out what has happened to that money.

So once again, I ask you to post real proof of your "The EU is audited ever single year and results are published on the internet every time." statement. One that actually involves figures and details of how the money is used, when, and where it goes to. I know there is none, and so does everyone else who comments on the matter, but since you're claiming otherwise, please either post proof or admit that you were lying without thinking just because you don't want to admit that you're wrong and everyone else is right.

And please, before you post the links, check that it is an actual audit.

And I see that you 'forgot' to post the proof that the BBC knows exactly how many people watch any given Doctor Who episode. I still want to see how that's done, given that I think it's impossible. So please explain that to me.
Jun 13th, 2019, 8:40 pm
Jun 13th, 2019, 8:44 pm
And the show had the biggest ratings this for years. This is a fact however much you lie about it. The ratings followed exactly the same pattern they did in Season 1 and Season 5. The number do not lie.
Jun 13th, 2019, 8:44 pm
Jun 14th, 2019, 1:24 pm
loonyboyx wrote:And the show had the biggest ratings this for years. This is a fact however much you lie about it. The ratings followed exactly the same pattern they did in Season 1 and Season 5. The number do not lie.

By ratings, do you mean viewing figures? Those figures are just estimates that are then manipulated (lied about) by the BBC. If you mean actual ratings given to episodes by the viewers, then they are overall extremely low.

And why is it that you STILL refuse to post proof of your assertion (lie) that the viewing figures are accurate, when you presumably know how that's possible even though I don't?

loonyboyx wrote:https://www.eca.europa.eu/en/Pages/AuditReportsOpinions.aspx?ty=Specific%20annual%20report&tab=tab3

They are all here. So stop making things up then playing the victim when people call you out on it.

See you GP and ask for help because you're not well.

First of all, I am not 'playing the victim', I am pointing out your endless lies.

Secondly, that site is made by the EU, which means that it is going to be as biased and corrupt at the EU is itself. A real audit is NEVER made by the company that is being audited, it is carried out by an independant third party. I honestly can't decide if you're very stupid or you're not stupid but instead you're sad enough to enjoy trolling, but even if you are very thick then even you must realise that no company's self-audit can be accepted as evidence, since if the company is dishonest then they'll simply lie on the report forms.

The EU refuses to let third parties audit it. Fact. Just like the last season of Doctor Who was rubbish. Fact. The last season was hated by most viewers. Fact.The BBC (or anyone else) have no way of telling how many people watch a program, or how many people are watching one TV set. Fact.

So once again I say:

Post your evidence of the EU's audits and auditing history, go on. Hint: They won't be on a web page created and ran by the EU, if they exist (which they don't, because it's never happened) then if they've been posted on the 'net (which they haven't, because they don't exist) then they'll be on a neutral, third party web site that the EU has no control over.

And also post your proof that the BBC knows exactly how many people watch any given Doctor Who episode, as you've previously claimed (when, if you actually knew about it, you'd know that it's all just very rough estimates).

And as for me seeing a GP, it's not me who posts endless drivel and refuses to post proof, instead posting links that wouldn't fool anyone with an IQ over sixty.
Jun 14th, 2019, 1:24 pm
Jun 14th, 2019, 8:55 pm
You need help. You think everything is a conspiracy of lies. You think official EU reports are lies. You think official industry wide ratings are lies. And then you go off on a bizarre rant when faced with reality.

Here's the thing - you're wrong. The EU is audited every year. Doctor Who S11 was ratings hit. You desperately want these things not to be true so you're inventing all kinds of nonsense to justify it. Vast conspiracies full of people lying but you, yes you, can see through their lies, right. Whatever I post you'll have some reason in your head to discredit it.

Please see you local GP and tell them you need help :( I genuinely mean that and am not saying it to be an arsehole.
Jun 14th, 2019, 8:55 pm
Jun 14th, 2019, 9:32 pm
loonyboyx wrote:You need help. You think everything is a conspiracy of lies. You think official EU reports are lies. You think official industry wide ratings are lies. And then you go off on a bizarre rant when faced with reality.

Here's the thing - you're wrong. The EU is audited every year. Doctor Who S11 was ratings hit. You desperately want these things not to be true so you're inventing all kinds of nonsense to justify it. Vast conspiracies full of people lying but you, yes you, can see through their lies, right. Whatever I post you'll have some reason in your head to discredit it.

Please see you local GP and tell them you need help :( I genuinely mean that and am not saying it to be an arsehole.

No, you are deliberately being a troll, and lying and insulting me because you know I'm right. But alright, let's reduce this to it's most basic, eh?

Instead of answering with more insults and libel, please please PLEASE post just two things;

1. A link proving that the EU is audited every year,

2. A link proving that the BBC knows exactly how many people are watching any given TV set at any given time, how the BBC also knows exactly how many TVs are displaying whatever program at that time, and how in fact this is all possible.

Please, just post answers to those questions, nothing else. No more hypocritical insults and deflections, just two answers, answers that you must have since you are so certain that they are correct, so prove to me how you know for definite that they are correct. No more filthy libel, no lies about Doctor Who somehow being not the disaster it really was, no ignoring my two questions and instead trying to make it look like you're somehow in the right for not answering me.

Just those two questions, and not a word more. Go on. If you genuinely believe what you say, then post proof for those two points and nothing more. And we'll take it from there.

Just answer those two questions, please. This is the last time I will try to reason with you, if you don't just answer those two questions, so if you're determined in your efforts to look reasonable then do as I ask and just post the proof to those two points, and nothing else. And I mean real links, not just something that you've googled and posted because it looks vaguely connected with what you've claimed is true (such as your last two links). Please post actual proof.

Thank you.
Jun 14th, 2019, 9:32 pm
Jun 15th, 2019, 8:39 pm
Thanks for proving a point. :) I give you links and you invent reasons why those links don't count so I won't waste my time. That is not "reason".

You're dismissing the system the entire entertainment industry uses to measure TV viewers because it shows S11 was a success you've decided that the whole system is broken rather than accept reality is not what you think it is. You're dismissing the entire science of statistics because you cannot accept you are in the wrong.

You're dismissing sites that host all the EU reports that the whole world uses to judge the EU's progress because it doesn't fit with your version of reality. You are claiming the reports are all false and fake.

You can lash out all you like but it won't change anything. I pity you as you don't realise you are unwell :( *Please* speak to someone.
Jun 15th, 2019, 8:39 pm
Jun 16th, 2019, 1:48 pm
loonyboyx wrote:Thanks for proving a point. :) I give you links and you invent reasons why those links don't count so I won't waste my time. That is not "reason".

Neither of those two links proved anything, let alone what you claim. If I said that the Moon had aliens living on it, and as 'proof' posted a link to a Wikipedia page about the H. G. Well's novel The War of the Worlds, would you accept that as proof?

You are acting exactly like that. You lied about the EU being audited, then posted two links that you presumably found within five seconds of searching the net for, and that you obviously NEVER ACTUALLY EVEN SKIMMED THROUGH before posting, or you'd have realised that they don't actually prove your point.

If you were right then posting a link would be extremely easy to do, since the EU is so massive and populous that a genuine, comprehensive, very detailed and legal audit by a trusted and independent third party would be a very popular subject on the 'net. Unless it's NEVER happened, in which case you can't find a link because there are none.

You're dismissing the system the entire entertainment industry uses to measure TV viewers because it shows S11 was a success you've decided that the whole system is broken rather than accept reality is not what you think it is. You're dismissing the entire science of statistics because you cannot accept you are in the wrong.

No, I'm dismissing neither the system nor the science of statistics, I'm just saying that (as both common sense and the industry itself admits) these figures are estimates, they are not accurate. I'm saying that it's impossible to know exactly how many people watch a program. You claim otherwise, but won't either explain how it is possible, or post a link to prove what you say. Why is that? And what am I supposed to infer from that other than that you know you're wrong and that you've been caught out in your lies but lack the basic maturity necessary to admit that you were wrong?

If my (admittedly limited) knowledge of science prevents me from seeing how a TV can both know and send information about how many people are watching it for any given program, then if I'm wrong then you could easily post links or explain how I am wrong. But again, as with the mythical EU Audits, you don't post links (well, in that case, you did post links, but only random links from the internet, regardless of them not even addressing your point, let alone proving it) so what am I supposed to believe?

1) That I, and the people I've spoken to about it are wrong but that there is such an (to me) unknown process at work to make the TV ratings accurate but that you won't for some reason post a link to details of how it works, even though such links would be extremely easy to find, or

2) That you, like the proven liar that you are, are lying about this too, and that there is no way for a TV set to know how many people are watching it, and that that is the reason why you won't post any links proving your point.

You're dismissing sites that host all the EU reports that the whole world uses to judge the EU's progress because it doesn't fit with your version of reality. You are claiming the reports are all false and fake.

No I'm not. You can twist what I say as much as you like (though you wouldn't if you were a functioning adult instead of evidently a really pathetic troll). I'm saying that the EU has never been properly audited and refuses to allow such a process. That's a fact, and your pathetic attempts to prove me wrong (seriously, you should ALWAYS read something before posting it up as 'proof') and to libel me for stating facts that you neither agree with nor can disprove (because they are FACTS, and so can't be dis-proven) achieve nothing constructive.

You can lash out all you like but it won't change anything. I pity you as you don't realise you are unwell :( *Please* speak to someone.

More libel. You're a sad troll (not libel, since it's true) and as offensive as you are dishonest.

Before this all started up again, I'd resolved never to answer any post of yours, but I broke that resolve when you libelled me and posted a bunch of obvious lies in response to a factual post of mine. I yet again gave you chances to prove your points, and I even offered an olive branch (which admittedly was very stupid of me, in retrospect) and all you did was lie and insult me even more, and instead of proving your claims (because you couldn't) you throw out strawman arguments and libel to feed whatever sad need you seem to have for attention.

So from now on, don't ever answer any more posts of mine. I won't answer any more of yours (nothing productive would come of it, since you're incapable of either reason or honesty). If you do libel me again then I'll report you to the moderators. I doubt they'll do much (since people like you, when banned, just re-register under a new name and consider yourselves very big and clever for doing so) as trolls like you are the price we pay for free speech on the 'net, but I won't waste any more time or effort trying to reason with you or expect you to actually prove anything that you claim.
Jun 16th, 2019, 1:48 pm
Jun 16th, 2019, 9:14 pm
Hahahahahaha. "Libel". Jesus christ. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jun 16th, 2019, 9:14 pm
Jun 17th, 2019, 9:10 pm
Sorry, I'm a bit baffled here. I post a comment stating that I quite like the idea that there's a woman playing the doctor and suddenly there's a load of huffing and puffing about excess liberalism and the EU - which is another topic altogether so, if you really feel the need to wax lyrical, please do it somewhere else. On topic, I remember watching the very first doctor as a child so I can claim to have watched quite a few iterations of the character. I don't have to like a woman as the doctor just because she's a woman although I'm perfectly entitled to do that if I wish to without suffering insults as a result. I wouldn't mind having a black character or an alien - although I don't think I'd like an American and, I admit, that may well be a personal prejudice on my part. I like the idea that stepping outside the traditional male role could provide some interesting challenges and changes and I'm entitled to feel that without being insulted. You're also entitled to disagree. However, I do believe that trying to make yourself look big by making someone else look small is a worrying trait in anyone. Our preferences are our preferences and we're entitled to have them without being insulted or categorized.

So, I reiterate. Regardless of whether or not we wish (or do not wish) to see a woman, alien, black, Asian, aquatic mammal or last year's Crufts winner playing the Doctor, I feel the scripts and the characters could do with some work... for instance, more 'bite' in the Doctor's character and overall dialogue?
Jun 17th, 2019, 9:10 pm
Jun 18th, 2019, 4:07 pm
SFP wrote:Sorry, I'm a bit baffled here. I post a comment stating that I quite like the idea that there's a woman playing the doctor and suddenly there's a load of huffing and puffing about excess liberalism and the EU - which is another topic altogether so, if you really feel the need to wax lyrical, please do it somewhere else.

Political correctness is a very pertinent issue here, as (as Loonboyx proves repeatedly), owing to political extremists, if you say anything that can be deliberately twisted by virtue signalling idiots then there's a good possibility that you'll be accused of basing your opinions purely on your own innate hatred of anyone who isn't a straight white male.

This topic started off as a reasonable discussion about the series, until people only concerned with making themselves look good decided that those of us who spoke out about the Doctor's change of gender were motivated by sexism and a general fear of women.

You said "But I do agree that the series fell flat", and that alone, despite being utterly true and borne out by all the facts, could cause any idiot who ignores facts and tries to look morally superior to attack your words and to label you as some misogynistic neanderthal who's blind hatred of women causes him to wrongly believe that the last season of Doctor Who wasn't a huge success. That's why I warned you, to not be surprised if your words were deliberately misconstrued.

On topic, I remember watching the very first doctor as a child so I can claim to have watched quite a few iterations of the character. I don't have to like a woman as the doctor just because she's a woman although I'm perfectly entitled to do that if I wish to without suffering insults as a result.

Yes, but if you dislike a woman as the Doctor, just because you believed that the Doctor wouldn't work as a female, as you'd also be entitled to, then you'd potentially receive all sorts of insults. Being insulted for your views (especially since the last season of Doctor Who does tend to support this view) is neither fair nor intelligent, but that is the modern day for you, as far as 'freedom of speech' goes.

I wouldn't mind having a black character or an alien - although I don't think I'd like an American and, I admit, that may well be a personal prejudice on my part. I like the idea that stepping outside the traditional male role could provide some interesting challenges and changes and I'm entitled to feel that without being insulted. You're also entitled to disagree. However, I do believe that trying to make yourself look big by making someone else look small is a worrying trait in anyone. Our preferences are our preferences and we're entitled to have them without being insulted or categorized.

I'm sorry, but who are you addressing here? I assumed at first that it was aimed at me, but I am not the one acting as you describe. If you think I am, then please go back and read from the beginning, and see who it is who lies, who tries to silence anyone who dares post facts that disagree with his lies, and who it is who makes utterly false claims and then refuses to provide proof. And who it is who posts insulting things like "You're [mentally] ill, you should see a doctor". The same bigot who says "LOL at all the people who are trying to justify their sexism and bigotry with "it's always been this way!" instead of actually reading what people wrote and trying to understand the truth in it.

And who it is who insists that, for example, the TV ratings are accurate, despite (a) the BBC being well known for manipulating figures (they even lied about the results of the Blue Peter (a British children's TV program) poll for naming a new cat), and (b) it not actually being possible to know exactly how many people are watching a TV set and what channel and for how long. Even the organisation that creates the viewing figures admits that it's just an estimate (https://www.barb.co.uk/about-us/how-we-do-what-we-do/) but the troll in question knows better and believes the figures are somehow much more accurate, yet he never posts a link to explain how they get really accurate figures, let alone proof that the BBC no longer lie about figures. He's not interesting in discussions, or even the truth, just in getting attention and trying (though failing miserably) to look good on the internet.

Anyway, I'm done trying to reason with him, so I won't be addressing his posts any more.

So let's bring this thread back on topic, and stick to discussing Doctor Who. Speaking of which, I wish a good Doctor Who video game would be made. There's so much potential, not least because of all the back story and the Doctor Who universe and allies and enemies, but every DW game I've ever seen was well below average, gameplay-wise. Often they even felt like the game's authors either didn't watch the TV program, or were just very half-hearted when making the game.

So, I reiterate. Regardless of whether or not we wish (or do not wish) to see a woman, alien, black, Asian, aquatic mammal or last year's Crufts winner playing the Doctor, I feel the scripts and the characters could do with some work... for instance, more 'bite' in the Doctor's character and overall dialogue?

And I wouldn't mind the Doctor being of a different ethnicity or race, as that wouldn't change the character. But changing the gender does change the character, I believe. The scripts mostly needed a lot more work and focus too, and there were too many companions, as they often felt sidelined and little more than background scenery. A good over-arcing story for the season would really have helped to improve the quality and interest of the season too, I felt. But as it was, I (and a great many other people) feel that the season was mostly very bad, the worst season ever (even including Colin Baker's time, or the first two Sylvester McCoy seasons).

Bad scripts, a dearth of good ideas, a very amateur feel over much of the season, and so many other flaws, such as in the Rosa Parks episode, for example, which was so badly done. It should have covered much more of the (then) history and the future (after Parks' act of defiance had led to the triggering of the equal rights movements), which is not only part of our history (by virtue of it being mankind's history), but it could have made the episode much more interesting and educational (without being preachy). Instead they chose to add a time traveller criminal to fight, when they should have just concentrated on Rosa Parks and the attitudes against blacks/minorities, and had no other enemy (I mean no aliens, no villain from the future, etc). One occasional episode where the Doctor and co. visit a time and place on Earth where interesting history happens and they don't face a traditional science-fiction threat could really work if done well., I think.
Jun 18th, 2019, 4:07 pm
Jun 18th, 2019, 4:55 pm
Idris Elba would be amazing.
Jun 18th, 2019, 4:55 pm

★ Please click the THANK YOU button.
★ Please PM if all links are dead.

Jun 18th, 2019, 5:25 pm
Eddie1968 wrote:
SFP wrote:Sorry, I'm a bit baffled here. I post a comment stating that I quite like the idea that there's a woman playing the doctor and suddenly there's a load of huffing and puffing about excess liberalism and the EU - which is another topic altogether so, if you really feel the need to wax lyrical, please do it somewhere else.

Political correctness is a very pertinent issue here, as (as Loonboyx proves repeatedly), owing to political extremists, if you say anything that can be deliberately twisted by virtue signalling idiots then there's a good possibility that you'll be accused of basing your opinions purely on your own innate hatred of anyone who isn't a straight white male.

This topic started off as a reasonable discussion about the series, until people only concerned with making themselves look good decided that those of us who spoke out about the Doctor's change of gender were motivated by sexism and a general fear of women.

You said "But I do agree that the series fell flat", and that alone, despite being utterly true and borne out by all the facts, could cause any idiot who ignores facts and tries to look morally superior to attack your words and to label you as some misogynistic neanderthal who's blind hatred of women causes him to wrongly believe that the last season of Doctor Who wasn't a huge success. That's why I warned you, to not be surprised if your words were deliberately misconstrued.

On topic, I remember watching the very first doctor as a child so I can claim to have watched quite a few iterations of the character. I don't have to like a woman as the doctor just because she's a woman although I'm perfectly entitled to do that if I wish to without suffering insults as a result.

Yes, but if you dislike a woman as the Doctor, just because you believed that the Doctor wouldn't work as a female, as you'd also be entitled to, then you'd potentially receive all sorts of insults. Being insulted for your views (especially since the last season of Doctor Who does tend to support this view) is neither fair nor intelligent, but that is the modern day for you, as far as 'freedom of speech' goes.

I wouldn't mind having a black character or an alien - although I don't think I'd like an American and, I admit, that may well be a personal prejudice on my part. I like the idea that stepping outside the traditional male role could provide some interesting challenges and changes and I'm entitled to feel that without being insulted. You're also entitled to disagree. However, I do believe that trying to make yourself look big by making someone else look small is a worrying trait in anyone. Our preferences are our preferences and we're entitled to have them without being insulted or categorized.

I'm sorry, but who are you addressing here? I assumed at first that it was aimed at me, but I am not the one acting as you describe. If you think I am, then please go back and read from the beginning, and see who it is who lies, who tries to silence anyone who dares post facts that disagree with his lies, and who it is who makes utterly false claims and then refuses to provide proof. And who it is who posts insulting things like "You're [mentally] ill, you should see a doctor". The same bigot who says "LOL at all the people who are trying to justify their sexism and bigotry with "it's always been this way!" instead of actually reading what people wrote and trying to understand the truth in it.

And who it is who insists that, for example, the TV ratings are accurate, despite (a) the BBC being well known for manipulating figures (they even lied about the results of the Blue Peter (a British children's TV program) poll for naming a new cat), and (b) it not actually being possible to know exactly how many people are watching a TV set and what channel and for how long. Even the organisation that creates the viewing figures admits that it's just an estimate (https://www.barb.co.uk/about-us/how-we-do-what-we-do/) but the troll in question knows better and believes the figures are somehow much more accurate, yet he never posts a link to explain how they get really accurate figures, let alone proof that the BBC no longer lie about figures. He's not interesting in discussions, or even the truth, just in getting attention and trying (though failing miserably) to look good on the internet.

Anyway, I'm done trying to reason with him, so I won't be addressing his posts any more.

So let's bring this thread back on topic, and stick to discussing Doctor Who. Speaking of which, I wish a good Doctor Who video game would be made. There's so much potential, not least because of all the back story and the Doctor Who universe and allies and enemies, but every DW game I've ever seen was well below average, gameplay-wise. Often they even felt like the game's authors either didn't watch the TV program, or were just very half-hearted when making the game.

And I wouldn't mind the Doctor being of a different ethnicity or race, as that wouldn't change the character. But changing the gender does change the character, I believe. The scripts mostly needed a lot more work and focus too, and there were too many companions, as they often felt sidelined and little more than background scenery. A good over-arcing story for the season would really have helped to improve the quality and interest of the season too, I felt. But as it was, I (and a great many other people) feel that the season was mostly very bad, the worst season ever (even including Colin Baker's time, or the first two Sylvester McCoy seasons).

Bad scripts, a dearth of good ideas, a very amateur feel over much of the season, and so many other flaws, such as in the Rosa Parks episode, for example, which was so badly done. It should have covered much more of the (then) history and the future (after Parks' act of defiance had led to the triggering of the equal rights movements), which is not only part of our history (by virtue of it being mankind's history), but it could have made the episode much more interesting and educational (without being preachy). Instead they chose to add a time traveller criminal to fight, when they should have just concentrated on Rosa Parks and the attitudes against blacks/minorities, and had no other enemy (I mean no aliens, no villain from the future, etc). One occasional episode where the Doctor and co. visit a time and place on Earth where interesting history happens and they don't face a traditional science-fiction threat could really work if done well., I think.

Claiming all women cannot play the Doctor is sexist. You're discriminating based on sex therefore it's sexist.

It's literally the definition of the word.
Jun 18th, 2019, 5:25 pm
Jun 19th, 2019, 6:40 pm
I think I was trying to reflect the old adage: "argue with a fool and get the sound of two fools arguing" far more than I was trying to throw stones at any one in particular.

I'd also disagree with the implication that the last season provided evidence that regenrating the Doctor as a woman was a bad idea. Regenerating the Doctor as a badly conceptualised and realised woman is a bad idea but, once again, I feel that the transformation of the Master to Missy is a brilliant demonstaration of what can be done with the right mindset.

Picking up another point, I feel that the drive towards 'one episode, one story' creates a tendancy to oversimplify and, I'd agree, the Rosa Parks episode was a good example of a potentially complex story unresolved.
Jun 19th, 2019, 6:40 pm