Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules. Post count not affected.
Aug 11th, 2017, 12:23 am
I have thousands of e-books and keep them (mostly) straight with this method:

Audiobooks go in one folder (I have very few, so they're all in folders by book).

Fiction books go in a folder which is subdivided by author. If I've got only one book by a particular author, it goes in a "miscellaneous" books folder. I also have a special folder under Fiction just for fairy tales/fables and one for a set of awards by year.

Nonfiction books (including memoirs and biographies) go under a different folder by subject. I have these main categories (based on the subjects I collect the most of): Computer-related, Cooking & Household, Education & Learning (my children's books end up under a folder there, rather than Fiction), Game-related, History, Humor, Languages (most languages have their own subfolders, and I have a subfolder just for the odd language that I have only one book for), Literature & Writing, Math, Music & Dance, Personality & Psychology, Poetry & Quotes, Reference, Religion, and Science & Health. I also have a Miscellaneous folder which has smaller subsets, such as art, animal care, camping/hiking, genealogy, memoirs/narratives, aviation, survival/prepping, weapons/self-defense, television & media, comics & superheroes, clutter/hoarding, myths & conspiracies, knots, etc. Occasionally I move a folder from Miscellaneous out to the greater folder or to another subfolder (my history, for instance, has quite a few subfolders, for WWII, USA, Britain & Celtic world, Aus/NZ, Middle East, etc.).

Fiction books are always named with author, then title, whereas nonfiction books are always named the opposite, since I am unlikely to remember or care who wrote a nonfiction book. (The few exceptions are usually writers such as Cathy Glass or Casey Watson, foster carers who have written multiple nonfiction books about the children they cared for, and those have special subfolders under the memoirs/narratives folder.)
Aug 11th, 2017, 12:23 am
Sep 6th, 2017, 8:42 am
I don't use Calibre ... I prefer adding books to the folder (series name) if they're in a series and I have them listed by genre ... and sub category ... when I want to read I know where to look ... I move the read books to my virtual drive if I might read it again ... or my read folder in the system if I might read it more often ...
Sep 6th, 2017, 8:42 am
Oct 15th, 2017, 4:17 am
I sort mine in Calibre based on when they've been added to the database.
Oct 15th, 2017, 4:17 am
Oct 22nd, 2017, 7:45 am
I use an Android app called Lithium and I have them sorted by last added
Oct 22nd, 2017, 7:45 am

Please limit re-up requests to one per day. Thanks :D
Oct 30th, 2017, 10:50 pm
I sort by authors. Makes it easier to search.
Oct 30th, 2017, 10:50 pm
Nov 1st, 2017, 7:50 am
I sort by tags since I read based on interest rather than author when reading mood strikes.
Nov 1st, 2017, 7:50 am
Nov 8th, 2017, 1:41 am
I use alphabetical authors name ( surname last ) in Folders .
All books by an author go to his folder.
All books that I will read go into calibre , sorted by date.
Will read is different to want to read , have to be rigorous with this.

Then I use MasterSeeker for any author that I want.
Everything is one click away , no scrolling needed.( even for calibre)

Nothing is kept on c/: drive all on backup drives.
Nov 8th, 2017, 1:41 am
Nov 9th, 2017, 9:35 pm
Calibre sorts best and backs it up for me in my drive.
Nov 9th, 2017, 9:35 pm
Nov 30th, 2017, 11:15 pm
I sort them first on genre then folders starting with the first letter of the name of the authors,then the authors in alphabetical order and then the books.
It would be something like :
Paranormal romance
A
A.C.Arthur.
Temptation Raising
Nov 30th, 2017, 11:15 pm
Dec 4th, 2017, 2:11 pm
Calibre - 100%

I used to have big directories of ebooks back when they where .LIT, .PDF, & .LRF

But once you get a past 1000 files, it just become easier with Calibre.
Dec 4th, 2017, 2:11 pm

Note:I appreciate thanks for posts. If you find an .epub or .mobi to any of my posts, please pm me.
Jan 11th, 2018, 8:44 pm
sleeksheep wrote:I use alphabetical authors name ( surname last ) in Folders .

Then I use MasterSeeker for any author that I want...

Sory for the really silly question... but how MasterSeeker is different from a normal search?

(wow, I didn't made such a newby question since 1998!)
Jan 11th, 2018, 8:44 pm
Jan 15th, 2018, 2:13 pm
In my PC I use calibre. In kindle I list books as Read, Currently Reading, To Read, and Abandoned.
Jan 15th, 2018, 2:13 pm

Twitter @HgwrtzExprss
Join Mobilism Discord server to get instant updates on contests: https://discord.gg/JqD2wAWSGw

Jan 29th, 2018, 2:43 am
call me old school (well, just school - I don't like being called old) but i use Dewey Decimal.
Jan 29th, 2018, 2:43 am
Jan 31st, 2018, 7:58 pm
I sort by author, I have one folder on an external hard drive for eBooks, then folders inside there for each author (I use last name first) and then if there are multiple series from that author I sort them into folders within that folder.

I also use calibre but not for keeping track of my library as I prefer to keep my library off my pc, but it is a great program for converting books into my preferred formats.
Jan 31st, 2018, 7:58 pm