Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules. Post count not affected.
May 8th, 2019, 9:02 pm
If you're into YA poetic narratives, I can recommend books by Kwame Alexander or Elizabeth Acevoda.

I just finished reading Alexander's Swing and Solo, and re-read Acevoda The Poet X.
May 8th, 2019, 9:02 pm
May 12th, 2019, 7:43 am
I yelled "COW" at a woman on a bike and she gave me the finger.

Then she plowed her bike straight into the cow.

I tried.

Do you have less than 100 WRZ$?
Want 150 WRZ$?

Just tell me a joke, a short story, recommend a book, movie or whatever.

Every post must have at least 20 words
You must have less than 100 WRZ$

Thanks to matina and anna1561 for helping to support this initiative[/quote]
May 12th, 2019, 7:43 am
May 19th, 2019, 4:32 pm
I don't know if you are into non-fiction, but you should look at writings by Michael Lewis.

He writes about issues and developments in various fields, but from a perspective of an economist. His books address different topics like baseball, finance, stock markets, etc. His genius is not in the subjects but in his ability to tell a story and to out a human face on a complex topic.
May 19th, 2019, 4:32 pm
May 22nd, 2019, 9:21 am
I'll tell you a funny story; all my friends are gamers and because of that, I've felt pressure to play games as well. It's not as bad as it sounds, I enjoy games, but I have a very short attention span so I can never finish a game. I can play the same game a few hours at max and then I never touch the game ever again. However, before I go to bed I watch Let's Plays to relax. When my friends ask me "Hey, have you played X?" and I tell them "Yeah, great game" it actually means I watched someone's Let's Play of it. This way I can both talk to my friends about game-related stuff and not force myself to play games, I see it as a win-win. They don't know the truth and never suspected it (as far as I know) either x]
May 22nd, 2019, 9:21 am
Jun 24th, 2019, 2:49 am
If you like anime I would definitely recommend Sword Art Online. Especially the first season. Great story, made me want to fall in love again the first time I watched.
Jun 24th, 2019, 2:49 am

Jun 25th, 2019, 3:33 pm
Once a group of doctors came to a prison to check if some of the mentally ill inmates have been cured so they could let them go. They setup a test first, they put 6 inmates in a room and tell them to get out of the room from the keyhole. 5 inmates immediately try to get out on the other side from the keyhole, only one of them stays. All the doctors were surprised, whispering with eachother that this guy seems to be okay and maybe we should release him. Then they ask him, Why you didn't even try to get out on the other side?
(He responds)......................... ahhh, I'm not stupid, you've put in the key from the other side. .... :D :D :D
Jun 25th, 2019, 3:33 pm
Jun 30th, 2019, 5:21 pm
Rather than sword art online itself, I would recommend SAO Abridged Parody on youtube instead, it's far more entertaining than the actual anime.
I'm not normally a fan of abridged stuff, feel like they quickly outstay their welcome humour wise, but watched this with a buddy recently and this was just hilarious, pretty much from beginning to end.
Jun 30th, 2019, 5:21 pm
Jul 1st, 2019, 10:46 pm
well i would recommand a serie in this case . it's not a famous one but every one who watched it appreciated its name is UTOPIA. enjoy !
Jul 1st, 2019, 10:46 pm
Jul 3rd, 2019, 4:42 am
Don't know if you're into non fiction but the Art of Social Media by Guy Kawasaki, formerly the Chief Evangelist of Apple, is quite good and very relevant in this day and age. In it he shares tips and insights he accumulated throughout his career on how to leverage social media to promote your business your brand or you. to success.
Jul 3rd, 2019, 4:42 am
Jul 7th, 2019, 9:10 am
I'd like to recommend 1 book that i've read lately and really loved it. It's The Lions of Al-Rassan by Guy Gavriel Kay. I really like this author, but not everything he wrote is great, this thing is. He places his stories in altered historic reality. Here it's placed in Spain when it's conquered by Muslims. 3 main characters represent 3 main relligions - muslim, christian and jewish. 2 males and 1 female. They all want to be friends but the world won't allow it... They want to be together, but 3 people can't really build a relationship. All this placed in historic context of reconquista. A lot of action. Solid part of interesting historical facts. A bit of romans (but not too much). Some really good twists and surprises. All together = really good read!
Jul 7th, 2019, 9:10 am
Jul 15th, 2019, 6:19 pm
I highly recommend an "oldie but goodie" -- The Red Pony by John Steinbeck. If you've never read it, you should. If you read it years ago, give it another look. You won't be sorry.
Jul 15th, 2019, 6:19 pm
Jul 22nd, 2019, 12:12 am
I recommend the suspense/thriller Jack Reacher series by Lee Child. It's full of action and excitement, yet still sensible and will have you tense flipping the pages to find out what happens next. The author just keeps you guessing and the series are one of the few thrillers i've read where I didn't already know what happened next or the end just by guessing. Some of them are better than the other, but they're all unique stories.
Jul 22nd, 2019, 12:12 am
Aug 1st, 2019, 5:02 pm
I hope the offer is still open. Here we go

A Pastor entered his donkey in a race and it won.

The Pastor was so pleased with the donkey that he entered it in the race again and it won again.

The local paper read:

PASTOR'S ASS OUT FRONT

The Bishop was so upset with this kind of publicity that he ordered the Pastor not to enter the donkey in another race.

The next day the local paper headline read:

BISHOP SCRATCHES PASTOR'S ASS

This was too much for the Bishop so he ordered the Pastor to get rid of the donkey.

The Pastor decided to give it to a Nun in a nearby convent.

The local paper, hearing of the news, posted the following headline the next day:

NUN HAS BEST ASS IN TOWN

The Bishop fainted.

He informed the Nun that she would have to get rid of the donkey so she sold it to a farm for $10.

The next day the paper read:

NUN SELLS ASS FOR $10

This was too much for the Bishop so he ordered the Nun to buy back the donkey and lead it to the plains where it could run wild.

The next day the headlines read:

NUN ANNOUNCES HER ASS IS WILD AND FREE

The Bishop was buried the next day.

The moral of the story is . . . being concerned about public opinion can bring you much grief and misery . . . even shorten your life.

So be yourself and enjoy life.

Stop worrying about everyone else's ass and just cover your own !

You'll be a lot happier and live longer!
Aug 1st, 2019, 5:02 pm
Aug 7th, 2019, 1:51 am
Hi,

If you like action thrillers, I highly recommend the Ben Hope series of novels by Scott Mariani.They are extremely well written with likeable and believable characters that you quickly start to care about. There are 19 books in the series so far.

Cheers TRJB
Aug 7th, 2019, 1:51 am
Aug 9th, 2019, 4:25 am
Julie Kagawa writes wonderful YA books, her latest series "Shadow of The Fox" blends Japanese traditions with fantasy to create an imaginative and spellbinding story.
Aug 9th, 2019, 4:25 am