Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules. Post count not affected.
Oct 29th, 2018, 2:18 pm
A man flying in a hot air balloon suddenly realizes he’s lost.
He reduces height and spots a man down below.
He lowers the balloon further and shouts to get directions, "Excuse me, can you tell me where I am?"
The man below says: "Yes. You're in a hot air balloon, hovering 30 feet above this field."
"You must work in Information Technology," says the balloonist.
"I do" replies the man. "How did you know?"
"Well," says the balloonist, "everything you have told me is technically correct, but It's of no use to anyone."
The man below replies, "You must work in management."
"I do," replies the balloonist, "But how'd you know?"
"Well", says the man, "you don’t know where you are or where you’re going, but you expect me to be able to help. You’re in the same position you were before we met, but now it’s my fault."
Oct 29th, 2018, 2:18 pm
Oct 29th, 2018, 8:13 pm
Ok if you are looking for a great series that will emerse you for more than a year try the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. It's seven books total, and there are elements of westerns, fantasy, battles, magic, and horror. I think it's Stephen King at his best. Much better than Lord of the Rings. The Dark Tower threads through many of Kings other novels as well.
Oct 29th, 2018, 8:13 pm
Oct 29th, 2018, 10:51 pm
The Guilty

Saw this small gem of a film from Denmark last night.

Intense, claustrophobic, brilliantly acted, and incredibly suspenseful.

Danish, set in a single room with a single actor on screen for the entire 1 hr 25 min.

Highly recommended for lovers of suspense without gore.

The Guilty: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/18/movi ... =google_kp

http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/movieposters/13768602/p13768602_p_v8_aa.jpg
Oct 29th, 2018, 10:51 pm
Nov 6th, 2018, 10:39 am
Here are some Jokes
-Dad- Y Didn't U Go 4 D Exam?
Son- Paper Was Tough.
Dad- Widout Going, How Did U Know?
Son- Paper Was Leaked 2 Days Ago.

-With Just A Single Kiss On The Lips For 30sec, She Got Pregnant . . . . . Who Is She ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Balloon.
Nov 6th, 2018, 10:39 am
Nov 13th, 2018, 5:18 am
If you are in the mood to read a funny book, you could give James Acaster's Classic Scrapes a try. He is a wonderful british comedian and I laughed a lot while reading this. If you are not in the mood to read and still want to have a laugh, check out the british show Taskmaster, in which 5 comedians are set tasks to complete against each other - the new series 7 was incredibly funny. (don't watch the american version instead, that wasn't well made)
Nov 13th, 2018, 5:18 am
Nov 14th, 2018, 11:50 am
One of my favourite books is The Heart's Invisible Furies by John Boyne. The story is incredibly sad, but the writing of the characters is so funny. I had a laugh on my face quite a lot, even though the subject matter is depressing. I really recommend it to everyone, it's a beautiful book.
Nov 14th, 2018, 11:50 am

You can follow me on Twitter @MobiFRKJ
Nov 19th, 2018, 6:41 pm
Here are some awful dad jokes:
-Did you hear about the restaurant on the moon? Great food, no atmosphere.
-What do you call a fake noodle? An Impasta.
-How many apples grow on a tree? All of them.
-Want to hear a joke about paper? Nevermind it's tearable.
-I just watched a program about beavers. It was the best dam program I've ever seen.
-Why did the coffee file a police report? It got mugged.
-How does a penguin build it's house? Igloos it together.
-Dad, did you get a haircut? No I got them all cut.
-What do you call a Mexican who has lost his car? Carlos.
-Dad, can you put my shoes on? No, I don't think they'll fit me.
Nov 19th, 2018, 6:41 pm
Nov 21st, 2018, 9:56 am
Some corny book-related jokes I found...

What is the tallest building in the world?
The library, because it has the most stories.

I’ve been reading a book on antigravity.
It’s so good I can’t put it down.

What do you call a nervous javelin thrower?
Shakespeare!

Book 1: "Long time no see! You look a lot thinner!"
Book 2: "I had my appendix removed."
Nov 21st, 2018, 9:56 am
Nov 22nd, 2018, 9:29 am
Hi,

I would like to recommend to you a book called Mortal Leap by MacDonald Harris. This is one those hidden gems. This book rocked my world. I will never be able to say enough about this book, the plot, the characterization, the relationships, and above all, the intelligence and heart that went into this book. It's a kind of a book that will make you sit and re-think about what you have just read.

Here's my favorite quote from the book

"The books were a private part of me that I carried inside and guarded and didn't talk to anybody about; as long as I had the books I could convince myself I was different from the others and my life wasn't quite as stupid and pointless."
Nov 22nd, 2018, 9:29 am
Nov 22nd, 2018, 12:58 pm
Hi, I would like to recommend the Italian drama series 'Romanzo Criminale', it's loosely based on true events and set against major historical events, about a group of young thugs who eventually become mafioso.
Nov 22nd, 2018, 12:58 pm
Nov 22nd, 2018, 9:51 pm
im totally about the new dreamworks reboots of 80's cartoons. the voltron gay subplot is awesome to see lgbtqia charecters in mainstream media... and the she-ra reboot is on point all good things to say about it!
Nov 22nd, 2018, 9:51 pm
Nov 23rd, 2018, 6:38 am
I don't know if you're aware of the YouTube show Impact Theory, but there's some pretty good stuff there. Recently my favorite is David Goggins. So go ahead and google David Goggins Impact Theory, click on the result that the uploader is also the interviewer, Tom Bilyeu
Nov 23rd, 2018, 6:38 am
Nov 24th, 2018, 1:34 am
Julie Richman's "Needing Moore" series. This series had me in it's grips. When 9/11 was recounted, I sat at work reading during lunch and sobbed. It brought all those feelings back to the surface. Apart from that, all the books interconnected beautifully.
Nov 24th, 2018, 1:34 am
Nov 26th, 2018, 8:33 pm
oceans 8 is a brilliant movie
Nov 26th, 2018, 8:33 pm