Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules. Post count not affected.
Nov 29th, 2018, 5:33 pm
Hello,

I don't know what genre of books you like, but if you are interested in fantasy, Malazan Book of The Fallen Series by Steven Erikson is one of the most amazing world building out there. It's a very hard series to get into/follow, because of the scope of the world and character building. Totally worth the effort though. If you read the first book, and not fall in love with it immediately, just give a shot to the second book. That's where Erikson made a believer of me.

If you are interested, I can give links to a few of my reviews of this series from goodreads. Fair warning, they are mostly me fangirling and sharing the amazing artwork of malazan world. :-D
Nov 29th, 2018, 5:33 pm
Nov 29th, 2018, 8:31 pm
You should give the Artemis fowl series a try, even if you are older than it's target audience. With the potentially horrible Disney adaptation coming out, it will be fun to read the books then complain about how far from the source material and disneyfied the movie is. The Dresden book series is also about fairies, which I've just started and love so far.

Finally, here's a small joke you totally haven't heard 100 times

A blind man walks into a bar
And a chair
And a table
Nov 29th, 2018, 8:31 pm
Dec 3rd, 2018, 9:29 pm
Hey, I've just watched the movie, "Prisoners," It's a great thriller about two children who go missing and their parents do out looking for them. Highly recommended.
Dec 3rd, 2018, 9:29 pm
Dec 7th, 2018, 11:53 am
vinnyconno wrote:Hey, I've just watched the movie, "Prisoners," It's a great thriller about two children who go missing and their parents do out looking for them. Highly recommended.

Can I get some WRZ? Please!
Dec 7th, 2018, 11:53 am
Dec 7th, 2018, 5:30 pm
Dear Friend,

I would like to suggest a book titled "How Life Works: The Inside Word from a Biochemist" by Daphne Elliott (Author), William Elliott (Author) , the original author is passed away after writing this book, but his dream to write this book was realised by his wife (i think, same suffix name). Its a excellent book, which explains the inner working of our body in the context of biochemistry, it opens my eye on various concepts on the working of our body, in a lucid manner with simple language.
I recommend this book be a must read list of yours.

Thank you.
Dec 7th, 2018, 5:30 pm
Dec 9th, 2018, 1:45 pm
I love to recommend something from my favorite things to do. So here I go:

Book recommendation: The Substitute by Tionne Rogers. Pretty disturbing, gay stuff and mafia. Not everyone's cup of tea but I like it.
Movie recommendation: Along with the Gods. It's a korean movie, has 2 parts, both are out, the acting, story and CGI are good and you'll need some tissues for the ending.
TV show recommendation: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. It's very funny and the cinematography and costumes are astonishing. Perhaps you heard about it.
Game recommendation: I'm into House Flipper lately. It's about renovating houses (painting, decorating, killing cockroaches, getting rid of trash and mold).
Anime recommendation: Natsume Yuujinchou. It's chill and funny. But the best thing about this anime is the art. It's my kind of style.
Dec 9th, 2018, 1:45 pm
Dec 10th, 2018, 12:38 pm
Aron93 wrote:Have you ever heard of Mauro Biglino? He is an Italian biblical translator and has written several books. In his books he states that there is no divinity in the bible but, essentially, alien or "visitors" who have genetically modified hominids. I highly recommend his works!

Sounds interesting
Dec 10th, 2018, 12:38 pm
Dec 10th, 2018, 4:10 pm
A straight tree and a gay tree lived next to each other for 60 years. The straight tree was always making fun of the gay tree. One evening a storm comes along and lightning hits the straight tree and it shatters into hundreds of pieces. The gay tree bust out laughing and says "look who's a faggot now"
Dec 10th, 2018, 4:10 pm
Dec 14th, 2018, 12:36 am
I recommend the book Get Well Soon by Jeniffer Wright, it's about the history of plagues and I found it hilarious.
Dec 14th, 2018, 12:36 am
Dec 16th, 2018, 12:47 am
A charity worker stopped me in the street and asked if I fancied taking part in a marathon.
I was going to decline but he told me it was for disabled kids and children with severe learning difficulties.

I thought, fuck me, I might win this
Dec 16th, 2018, 12:47 am
Dec 18th, 2018, 5:55 am
My favorite book this year was The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang which was a sort of modern queer graphic novel adaptation of Cinderella.
Dec 18th, 2018, 5:55 am
Dec 22nd, 2018, 12:06 pm
Do you like podcast?
I listen to some podcast. If you are interested in podcast i'll give you some recommendations.
1. Freakonomics - It's mainly about economics but not the boring daily economics news but they also explore other non traditional things like tipping, people behaviour, sports, and many more.
2. Numberphile - A podcast about mathematicians.
3. Serious Inquries Only - abouut politics/social/religion and sometimes there are interview with cool guests.
Dec 22nd, 2018, 12:06 pm
Dec 22nd, 2018, 11:35 pm
Amill wrote:

I don't know if you are a fan of Charlaine Harris, but I loved all of true blood on HBO and when the series ended thought I would try Midnight Texas. It is in the 2nd season and it is getting better. The main actor starred in the Borgias - excellent series also.

Do you have less than 100 WRZ$?
Want 150 WRZ$?

Just tell me a joke, a short story, recommend a book, movie or whatever.

Every post must have at least 20 words
You must have less than 100 WRZ$

Thanks to matina and anna1561 for helping to support this initiative
Dec 22nd, 2018, 11:35 pm
Dec 28th, 2018, 9:46 pm
Three dinosaurs stumble across a magic lamp.

They rub it, and a genie appears.

"I have three wishes, so I'll give one to each of you," the genie announces.

The first dinosaur thinks hard.

"Alright," he says, "I'll have a big, juicy, piece of meat."

Instantly, the biggest, juiciest piece of meat he'd ever seen appears in front of him.

Not to be outdone, the second dinosaur thinks even harder.

"I know! I'll have a shower of meat!"

Immediately, huge pieces of meat rain down around him.

The third dinosaur, certainly not to be outdone, thinks harder than the previous dinosaurs.

"I've got it!" he cries, "I want a MEATIER shower!"
Dec 28th, 2018, 9:46 pm

Jan 2nd, 2019, 2:21 am
I would definitely recommend Aleana Adler's Bewitched and Bewildered series. It's a paranormal romance book series with crazy funny characters. So far there's 10 books in the series. I read them at least once a month. If you want a tv show recommendation? Psych (fake psychic police consultant) or Firefly (space cowboys).
Thank you!
Jan 2nd, 2019, 2:21 am