Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules. Post count not affected.
Jun 4th, 2019, 7:02 am
I remember this old book I read in school as a child, set in like medieval times where a guy gets captured on a boat and then spends years in prison. He tries to escape but then gets captured. He then escapes a second time but gets frostbite. I can't remember what country it was in or any names, so I could never find it
Jun 4th, 2019, 7:02 am
Jun 10th, 2019, 7:28 am
I've got two.

I've always hoped to run into a decent version of Super Secret Movie Rules. It was a show on VH1 in the mid-2000s. It's probably not as good as I remember but I wish I could show it to some friends. Can't find it either on DVD, recording, re-runs, online, nothing.

The second is a book I think was published by Scholastic. I think it was called Letters to Ruth/Ruthie? Read it in grade school about a young girl who gets sent to the internment camps during WWII and writes letters to her childhood friend. I've run searches for the book but have never found it. Almost like it never existed...
Jun 10th, 2019, 7:28 am
Jun 18th, 2019, 6:06 pm
The Lawrenceville Stories miniseries in good/high quality digital format, and an ebook version of Belle Ruin by Martha Grimes (I have a request up for that).
Jun 18th, 2019, 6:06 pm

★ Please click the THANK YOU button.
★ Please PM if all links are dead.

Dec 12th, 2019, 5:01 pm
So... first in my "to-find" list on goodreads is "Birdman of Alcatraz" by Thomas E. Gaddis added in 2016, suppose someday I will just buy it, also for many years not available any books by Peter Sotos https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/30745.Peter_Sotos, but truly "whale" is it "A Margarite of America" by Thomas Lodge, firstly about which I read in 2007 into footnotes to "The Picture of Dorian Gray".
Dec 12th, 2019, 5:01 pm
Dec 12th, 2019, 6:12 pm
Downloadable Professor T Season 3 Belgium edition w English subtitles...
Dec 12th, 2019, 6:12 pm
Dec 14th, 2019, 5:30 pm
This is mine a movie called This Boy's Story(1992)
It's about two brothers who run off to Liverpool so they can see the visitors Manchester United and George Best!

For years I searched for a download of the complete Famous Fights about the old bare knuckle fighters of the world, finally bagged it last year.
Dec 14th, 2019, 5:30 pm
Dec 24th, 2023, 7:58 pm
Thanks to mobilism and many helpful people there, all my previous "white whale" now obtained. Some of the books was even scanned for me!

Current "unachievable" list now look like that:
The Mad Patagonian by Javier Pedro Zabala (looking for it since 2018)
Slaughter King by Simon Whitechapel
A MAD World Order by Paul Bernardo
Sea Changes by Derek Turner
Dec 24th, 2023, 7:58 pm