Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules. Post count not affected.
Feb 2nd, 2019, 1:56 am
I started with the Harry Potter series and Stephen Fry and it was amazing and is still my favorite. I am always looking for other suggestions.
Feb 2nd, 2019, 1:56 am
Feb 12th, 2019, 2:17 pm
So many. It's hard to recommend anything without knowing what your tastes are and what reading age you're looking for. Not that I'm trying to pry but there's a lot of explicit sex and/or violence (for instance) that I wouldn't want to recommend if you're not into that kind of thing. If you like urban fantasy, then Patricia Briggs 'Mercy Thompson series is great as is Celia Roman's 'Sunshine Walking Stick' series. Anne Bishop's 'Other' series is also excellent.
Feb 12th, 2019, 2:17 pm
Apr 6th, 2019, 8:34 pm
My favorite audiobooks are: American psycho & Geek love. My favorite narrator is Nicholas Boulton.
Apr 6th, 2019, 8:34 pm

All human beings search for either reasons to be good, or excuses to be bad.
Apr 14th, 2019, 8:42 am
My favorite audiobook is Milkman written by Anna Burns, read by Brid Brennan. The book itself was kinda frustating yet I love it, and the narrator is soooo great! She made the story more alive :D
Apr 14th, 2019, 8:42 am
Apr 17th, 2019, 6:50 am
A few to try: Simon Vance, I've listened to "The Good Thief" series by Chris Ewan, earlier ones are better.
"Rod" by Rod Stewart.
Full Cast Audio, Into the Land of Unicorns by Bruce Coville. There are a bunch Full Cast books that are a lot of fun.
The Rosie Project (Don Tillman, #1) by Graeme Simsion
"Tales of the Otori" Series
Apr 17th, 2019, 6:50 am
Jun 9th, 2019, 9:07 pm
I know it's an irritation rather than a like but I really hate actors and narrators trying to replicate an accent that they just don't have the capacity to reproduce authentically. I've been listening to a fairly awful Scottish accent that just grates. I'd much rather narrators just didn't do it rather than do it badly.
Jun 9th, 2019, 9:07 pm
Jun 9th, 2019, 9:11 pm
The Nevermoor Series by Jessica Townsend (Author) narrated by Gemma Whelan. If you like the earlier Harry Potter books then these are great.
Jun 9th, 2019, 9:11 pm
Jul 10th, 2019, 4:38 am
Personally, I find audiobooks to be quite bad. I prefer to read a book myself rather than hearing somebody reading it to me.
Jul 10th, 2019, 4:38 am
Jul 29th, 2019, 7:35 pm
SFP wrote:The Nevermoor Series by Jessica Townsend (Author) narrated by Gemma Whelan. If you like the earlier Harry Potter books then these are great.

I started with the Harry Potter series and Stephen Fry and it was amazing and is still my favorite. I am always looking for other suggestions.
Jul 29th, 2019, 7:35 pm
Aug 1st, 2019, 9:32 pm
amekassa wrote:
SFP wrote:The Nevermoor Series by Jessica Townsend (Author) narrated by Gemma Whelan. If you like the earlier Harry Potter books then these are great.

I started with the Harry Potter series and Stephen Fry and it was amazing and ismy ip birthday wishes tneb still my favorite. I am always looking for other suggestions.

Aug 1st, 2019, 9:32 pm