Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules. Post count not affected.
Oct 14th, 2009, 8:46 am
Image Amy Winehouse

Amy-Jade Winehouse (born 14 September 1983) is an English soul, jazz, R&B singer and songwriter. Her début album, Frank (released in 2003) was nominated for the Mercury Prize. Her 2006 album Back to Black led to six Grammy Award nominations including the big 4 for Best Newcomer, Album of the Year, Record of the Year and Song of the Year. She won the Ivor Novello Award in 2004 for her debut single "Stronger than Me" and again in May 2007 for the first single "Rehab" from her 2006 album Back to Black. On 14 February 2007, she won a BRIT Award for Best British Female Artist; she had also been nominated for Best British Album. On 17 July, Back to Black was announced as one of the 12 albums on the 2007 shortlist of Mercury Prize nominees and later that year she was nominated for three MTV Video Music Awards and "Mejor artista nuevo internacional" or "best international new artist" in Los Premios MTV Latinoamérica.

One of her many life performances was released in the album The Astoria London UK 2-19-07.

The singer's bulimia as well as her drug and alcohol problems became regular tabloid news since 2007.

Back to my music collection.
Image Ozark Henry.

Idiosyncratic Belgian pop composer Ozark Henry broke through to mainstream success with his 2001 album, Birthmarks. Born Piet Goddaer in Kortrijk on April 29, 1970, he was the son of classical and jazz composer Norbert Goddaer, and began playing saxophone and piano at age six. Upon receiving an electric guitar for his 16th birthday, he and brother Jan formed a rock band, Church of the Nemesis. (Goddaer later assumed vocal duties as well, and the group changed its name to Heather O'Rourke in honor of the ill-fated child actress from the horror movie Poltergeist.) In 1994 Goddaer scored an underground hit with "Herny Man-She" by Jan's new outfit, Word. "Herny Man-She" was issued as Goddaer was working on his debut solo project under the name Botho; he also worked on a series of musical theater projects before adopting the Ozark Henry alias in 1995. The David Bowie-inspired I'm Seeking Something That Has Already Found Me was a critical favorite on its 1996 release but generated scant commercial attention -- its 1998 follow-up, This Last Warm Solitude, recorded with cellist Audrey Riley, fared far better at retail and earned Goddaer a Zamu Music Award as best songwriter. After collaborating with saxophonist Frank De Ruytter and drummer Stéphane Galland in the side project Sunzoo Manley, he returned to the Ozark Henry guise for his Sony label debut, Birthmarks, which went platinum on the strength of the hit singles "Rescue" and "Sweet Instigator." Goddaer next defied expectations yet again, teaming with K's Choice's Sarah Bettens, Hooverphonic's Geike Arnaert, and Arid's Jasper Steverlinck on the soundtrack of the Belgian television series Sedes and Belli. The fourth Ozark Henry album, The Sailor Not the Sea, followed in 2004, and two years later he resurfaced with The Soft Machine, which quickly entered the Belgian Top Ten. ~ Jason Ankeny, All Music Guide

Oct 14th, 2009, 8:47 am
Image Amy Macdonald.

Amy Macdonald (born 25 August 1987 in Bishopbriggs, East Dunbartonshire[1]) is a Scottish singer and songwriter.

Her debut album, This Is The Life , was released on 30 July 2007 and has sold more than 2.5 million copies. Her first single,"Poison Prince" , was released on 7 May 2007. She played shows at music festivals such as Glastonbury, Hyde Park, T in the Park, and V festival. Amy is signed to record company Vertigo. Amy's vocal range is contralto.

Macdonald started playing on stage acoustic gigs at 15. Her influences include Travis, The Killers, Pete Doherty, and Bruce Springsteen. After several shows in mainland Europe, Macdonald played at festivals such as V Fest during the summer of 2008. In 2008, Macdonald was engaged to Falkirk striker Steve Lovell.

Macdonald started working on her second album in 2009. According to her Twitter she was writing for the album and she had recorded some bedroom demos. She said "Some of the sounds are just amazing and we've managed to persuade one of my favourite artists to whack some stuff down on them, but you'll have to wait and see." The second album, titled A Curious Thing, was released in March 2010.

My favorite song: Mr. Rock and Roll.mp3

So called Mr Rock And Roll
Is dancing on his own again
Talking on his phone again
To someone who tells him that his balance is low
Hes got no where to go
Hes on his own again

Rock chick of the century
Is acting like she used to be
Dancing like theres no one there
Before she never seemed to care
Now she wouldnt dance
Its so rock and roll to alone

And theyll meet one day
Far way
Saying " Hey I wish I was something more"
And theyll meet one day
Far away
And say " Hey I wish I knew you, I wish I knew you before"

Mrs Black and White
Shes never seen a shade of grey
Always something on her mind
Every single day
But now shes lost her way
And where does she go from here

Mr Multicultural
Sees all that one can see
Hes living through someone
Very different ot me
But ow he wants to be free
Free so he can see

And theyll meet one day
Far way
And theyll meet one day
Far away

He says "I wish I knew you, I wish I met you
When time was still on my side"
She'll say " I wish I knew you, I wish I loved you
Before I was so bright"

And so they must depart
Too many more a broken heart
But I've seen that all before
In TV, books and film and more
And there's a happy ending
Every single day

And they'll meet one day
Far way
And theyll meet one day
Far away

Oct 14th, 2009, 8:47 am
Oct 14th, 2009, 8:49 am
Image The Knife

The Knife are a musical duo from Sweden formed in 1999. The band consists of siblings Karin Dreijer Andersson and Olof Dreijer, who also run their own record company, Rabid Records.

The group gained recognition when José González covered their song "Heartbeats" from the album Deep Cuts on his 2003 album, Veneer. The cover was used by Sony in a commercial for Bravia television sets, and released as a single in early 2006. The group commented on this in a Dagens Nyheter article, claiming that Sony paid a large sum of money to use the song. Despite the group's anti-commercial views, they justified the transaction by citing their need for money to establish a record company.

The Knife's song 'We Share Our Mothers' Health" from their album Silent Shout was featured by the iTunes Store as a free song of the week in late 2006. This song was also featured in the ABC series Ugly Betty, as well as an episode of CSI: NY. In August 2007, "Heartbeats" was featured on an episode of the HBO series Entourage.

Having never before performed live, The Knife went on tour in 2006, and after selling out shows worldwide, a DVD of the tour was announced. The DVD was released in Sweden on November 8, 2006, and is titled Silent Shout: An Audio Visual Experience.

Silent Shout was named the best album of 2006 by Pitchfork Media.

At the Grammis awards in January 2007, The Knife won in all six categories they were nominated in: Composer of the Year, Music DVD of the Year, Producer of the Year, Pop Group of the Year, Album of the Year and Artist of the Year. Again, they did not attend the award ceremony.

In an interview during the Silent Shout tour, Olof announced that the band would be going on a three-year hiatus, during which he would resume work on previously-started songs for Coolof, his solo DJ project. In 2009, Andersson has released her own album Fever Ray. The self-titled debut raises a lot of questions and only answers a few. Think of it as Lost with a Swedish accent. In the span of 10 songs, you’ll probably wonder: How did Andersson get to be so creepy? Why is this not a The Knife album? What do these songs even mean? If I’m so scared, why am I tapping my foot?

My special one... Marble house

I cut your nails and comb your hair
I carry you down the stairs
I wanted to see right through from the other side
I wanted to walk a trail with no end in sight

The moment we believe that we have never met
Another kind of love it's easy to forget
When we are all alone then we do both agree
We have a thing in common this was meant to be

You close my eyes and soothe my ears
You heal my wounds and dry my tears
On the inside of this marble house I grow
And the seeds I sow will grow up prisoners too

The moment we believe that we have never met
Another kind of love it's easy to forget
When we are all alone then we do both agree
We have a thing in common this was meant to be

Now where's your shoulder
What is it's name
What's your scent
Say it again
If it goes faster can you still follow me
It must be safe when it's on TV

I raise my hands to heaven of curiosity
I don't know what to ask for
What has it got for me?
The others say we're hiding
It's as forward as can be
Some things I do for money
Some things I do for free

Image Gossip

Gossip (formerly The Gossip) are a three-piece American indie rock band fronted by Beth Ditto, guitarist Brace Paine and drummer Hannah Blilie. The band was relatively unknown until they hit success with their third studio album, Standing in the Way of Control. Their style has been described as "a soul or gospel" voice with "a sort of funky punk soundtrack". The band stated a liking for post-punk bands Birthday Party and Siouxsie And The Banshees but also for other genres like dance and hip-hop. Standing in the Way of Control was released on January 24, 2006. It reached number 1 on the UK indie chart. The song "Standing in the Way of Control" is the 'unofficial' theme song to the British teen drama Skins, being used during the ad campaign, promotional material and DVD menu, and has become generally associated with the series by viewers. The album also reached Gold status in the United Kingdom.

Live in Liverpool is their live album recorded in Liverpool in July 2007. It was originally released exclusively in Australia to coincide with the band's December 2007 Australian tour. The CD was issued in a cardboard sleeve and limited to 4,000 copies.

Music for Men is the fourth studio album by the American band Gossip. It was released on June 19, 2009 in The Netherlands. It was released on June 22 in the United Kingdom and was released digitally on June 23 in the United States.

Oct 14th, 2009, 8:50 am
Image Baron Bane

Baron Bane is a magical, intriguing, border crossing multimedia band who stretches the boundaries for what a regular band can do. The group consists of three musicians and two graphical designers, - and they all stand under the Baron’s command. The Baron’s servants’ accompaniment during live gigs are beautiful movies shot on big screens. The group has, since its forming, done the following; art exhibitions with combined sound installation/live concert, overhead projector battles, incorporated dance acts in live gigs, club gigs and a lot of open air festival gigs.

Baron Bane released his self titled debut album 'Baron Bane' on Stupid Dream Records on November 7. The album contains 10 strong tracks and has been described as an refreshing hybrid between electronica and pop/rock. One of the forthcoming singles, “Soften”, is mixed by internationally acclaimed house producer Tony Senghore. Soften has in the fall of 2004 gotten rotation on London-based radio station XFM.

Oct 14th, 2009, 8:50 am
Oct 14th, 2009, 8:51 am
Image Block Party

Bloc Party are an English indie rock band, composed of Kele Okereke (lead vocals, rhythm guitar), Russell Lissack (lead guitar), Gordon Moakes (bass guitar, synths, backing vocals, glockenspiel), and Matt Tong (drums, backing vocals). Their brand of music is said to have been drawn from such bands as The Cure, Joy Division, Sonic Youth, and in their more recent work, Radiohead.

The band was formed at the 1999 Reading Festival by Okereke and Lissack. They went through a variety of names before settling on Bloc Party in 2003. Moakes joined the band after answering an advert in NME magazine, while Tong was picked via an audition. Bloc Party got their break by giving BBC Radio 1 DJ Steve Lamacq and Franz Ferdinand's lead singer, Alex Kapranos, a copy of their demo "She's Hearing Voices".

In February 2005, the band released their debut album Silent Alarm. It was critically acclaimed and was named 'Indie Album of the Year' at the 2006 PLUG Awards, which honour indie music. That year, the record was also certified platinum in the UK. The band built on this success in 2007 with the release of their second studio album, A weekend in the city, which reached a peak of number two in the UK Albums Chart and number twelve in the Billboard 200. In August 2008, Bloc Party released their third studio record,
Intimacy.

Oct 14th, 2009, 8:51 am
Oct 14th, 2009, 8:56 am
Image Snow Patrol

Snow Patrol are an alternative rock band, with members from Northern Ireland and Scotland. Formed at the University of Dundee in Dundee, Scotland in 1994, the band is now based in Glasgow. The band's first three records and the studio albums Songs for Polarbears were commercially unsuccessful and were released by independent labels Electric Honey and Jeepster, respectively. When the band moved to a major record label Polydor Records, they released their 2003 album Final Straw which surpassed 4x platinum sales in the UK. This was the first time the band achieved significant commercial sales, following it up with international success in 2006 when Eyes Open sold 4.7 million copies worldwide. The songs "Run", "Chasing Cars" and "Signal Fire" are among the band's biggest hits. Snow Patrol have been nominated for three BRIT Awards and have won five Meteor Ireland Music Awards. In 2008, the band released their fifth studio album A Hundred Million Suns , and are due to release their first compilation album, Up to Now in 2009. Worldwide, the band have sold over 7 million albums.

This one is nice... Set down your glass

Just close your eyes
And count to five

Let's craft the only thing we know into surprise

Set down your glass
I painted this

To look like you and me forever as we're now

And I'm shaking then I'm still
When you're eyes meet mine I lose simple skills
Like to tell you all I want is now

You sing and I'm killed
I'm just not the same

As I was a year ago and each minute since then

My jumper tears
As we take it off

And you say you'll sew me good as new and I know you will

And I'm shaken then I'm still
When your eyes meet mine I lose simple skills
Like to tell you all I want is now

And I'm shaken then I'm still
When your eyes meet mine I lose simple skills
Like to tell you all I want is now...

Oct 14th, 2009, 8:56 am
Oct 16th, 2009, 10:48 pm
Image SPELERS & DRINKERS

Ode aan Johan Verminnen door de "creme de la creme" van de Vlaamse zangers en rockers. De titel van het project "Spelers & Drinkers" komt uit de gelijknamige song van Verminnen.

Op het album, dat werd opgenomen in mei 1995 in de Galaxy studios in Mol, werd volgend indrukwekkend lijstje muzikanten waargenomen :

1. Guy Swinnen, die voor het eerst terug op het voorplan kwan na het splitten van zijn groep the Scabs.
2. Paul Michiels (voorheen bij Soulsister, daarna met een succesvolle solo carrière, nu opnieuw Soulsister)
3. Isabelle A (populair Vlaams zangeresje)
4. Robert Mosuse (zie the Radios) zong "Met zeven aan tafel"
5. Bram Vermeulen (Nederlandse zanger, vroeger samen met Freek de Jonge in Neerlands Hoop, later met een zeer mooie solo-carrière) die de titelsong "Tussen spelers en drinkers" bracht.
6. Frank van der Linden (De Mens)
7. Mark Vosté (van Belgian Asociality) die velen verraste met zijn cover van "Kom Jeanine"
8. Jan Leyers (de andere helft van Leyers, Michiels & Soulsister en tegenwoordig met My Velma) die "Een of ander dag" zong.
9. Sarah Bettens (van K's Choice) die een prachtige vertolking van het nummer "M'n broer en ik" bracht, een zeer emotionele song voor Johan Verminnen, vermits het lied gaat over, en samen geschreven werd met zijn broer Bert Verm(innen), die stierf in 1984.
10. Roland die Verminnens meest bekende song "In de Rue des bouchers" bracht
11. Stijn Meuris (van Noordkaap) zong "Tussen Brussel en Oostende"
12. Rick De Leeuw (zanger van de in België zeer populaire Nederlanse formatie Tröckener Kecks) speelde een cover van "Bar Tropical"
13. Koen Wauters (de zanger van Clouseau) deed een mooie cover van "Laat me nu toch niet alleen", Verminnens grootste hit.

Download het album hier: SPELERS & DRINKERS

Mijn favoriete song: Laat me nu toch niet alleen

Laat me nu toch niet alleen
Radeloos en verloren
Sloop die muren om me heen
Help me zo bij jou te komen

Laat me eens je gezel zijn
Wees de gids die mij zal leiden
Want ik ben reeds lang op reis
En zo moe, kom en bevrijd me

Neem me mee naar je land
Vol muziek en vol dromen
Leid me naar je land
Laat me in jouw wolken wonen

Laat me nu nu toch niet alleen
Neem mijn hand en toon me
De weg die leidt naar jou alleen

Neem me mee naar je land
Vol muziek en vol dromen
Leid me naar je land
Laat me in jouw wolken wonen

Laat me nu toch niet alleen
Radeloos en verloren
Sloop die muren om je heen

Oct 16th, 2009, 10:48 pm
Oct 16th, 2009, 10:50 pm
Image Green Day

Green Day is an American rock trio formed in 1987. The band has consisted of Billie Joe Armstrong (vocals, guitar), Mike Dirnt (bass guitar, vocals), and Tré Cool (drums, percussion) for the majority of its existence.

Green Day was originally part of the punk rock scene at 924 Gilman Street in Berkeley, California. Its early releases for independent record label Lookout! Records earned them a grassroots fanbase, some of whom felt alienated when the band signed to a major label. Nevertheless, its major label debut Dookie (1994) became a breakout success and eventually sold over 10 million copies in the U.S. and 15 million worldwide. As a result, Green Day was widely credited, alongside fellow California punk bands The Offspring and Rancid, with reviving mainstream interest in and popularizing punk rock in the United States. Green Day's three follow-up albums, Insomniac, Nimrod and Warning did not achieve the massive success of Dookie, but they were still successful, reaching double platinum, double platinum, and gold status respectively. Green Day's 2004 rock opera American Idiot reignited the band's popularity with a younger generation, selling five million copies in the U.S. The band's eighth studio album, 21st Century Breakdown , was released on May 15, 2009.

Green Day has sold over 22 million records in the United States.[8] They have won three Grammy Awards; Best Alternative Album for Dookie, Best Rock Album for American Idiot, and Record of the Year for "Boulevard of Broken Dreams".

Oct 16th, 2009, 10:50 pm
Oct 18th, 2009, 3:26 pm
Image Röyksopp

Junior is an album from Norwegian duo Röyksopp, made available for listening on their website March 13, 2009 and generally released on March 23, 2009. The album has been described as a mix between the styles of the two previous studio albums, Melody A.M. and The Understanding, and features Robyn, Lykke Li, Karin Dreijer Andersson and Anneli Drecker. Röyksopp premiered the first song from the album, "Happy Up Here", on January 9, 2009 on BBC Radio 1. The first single was "The Girl and the Robot", a song featuring Swedish singer Robyn. "This Must Be It" is scheduled to be released on October 26, 2009.

The Girl and the Robot has been highly praised by critics and it has been often pointed out as one of the highlights of the album. "The Girl and the Robot" has been named "Song of the Day" by Popjustice before the album was out, with reviewer calling it "a demented, choral, electronic masterpiece" and "brilliantly obsessive, bunnyboiling extravaganza.". BBC Music has labelled it "album-stealer", The Guardian said it's "tremendous", Pitchfork wrote it's "a frigid, winding bit of electro that combines a powerhouse vocal with some slippery chord changes and one of the biggest choruses of 2009 so far" and Chewing Gum for The Ears noticed the track "features an excellent vocal performance by super-Swede Robyn in a techno-tinged tale of a lonely girl and her hard-working lover that’s both emotional and a little goofy". The Line of Best Fit described the song as "possibly the most successful [track], (...) a curious tale of an ill-fated romance between a girl and… a robot.", while Resident Advisor called it "charming" and "over-the-top pop" and Edwin's Raisin declared it "a soaring, theatrical powerhouse". The Girl and the Robot was released as a separate album mixed by various artists:

1. The Girl and the Robot (Kris Menace Remix) – 07:17
2. The Girl and the Robot (Kris Menace Re-interpretation) – 05:54
3. The Girl and the Robot (Spencer & Hill Remix) – 06:09
4. The Girl and the Robot (Spencer & Hill Instrumental) - 06:09
5. The Girl and the Robot (Spencer & Hill Radio Edit) - 03:25
6. The Girl and the Robot (Joakim Remix) - 07:19
7. The Girl and the Robot (Joakim Instrumental) - 07:19
8. The Girl and the Robot (Chateau Marmont Remix) - 04:07
9. The Girl and the Robot (Ocelot Remix) – 06:10
10. The Girl and the Robot (Jean Elan Remix) – 06:21
11. The Girl and the Robot (Davide Rossi Suite for a Robotic Girl Re-Interpretation) – 04:29
12. The Girl and the Robot (Jeremy Wheatley Edit Longer Version) – 04:30
13. The Girl and the Robot (Jeremy Wheatley Radio Edit) – 03:08

You can download it here: The Girl and the Robot - Remix

Back To Mine: Röyksopp is a compilation album from the Back To Mine series from DMC Publishing. It was compiled and mixed by the electronica band, Röyksopp.

This one tells it like it is... I miss it so much.mp3

I miss it so much
No button to touch
No dial to turn
No key to hold

Days turn to nights turn to weeks
Turn to paper into rocks into plastic
My material heart
How it keeps us apart
Watching days turn to nights turn to weeks
Turn everything I got into techniques
My mechanical heart
How it tears me apart

I miss it so much
No button to touch
No dial to turn
No key to hold

I miss it so much
No button to touch
No flick of the switch
Hand on my heart

Days turn to nights, turn to weeks, turn to paper
Into rocks, into plastic
My material heart
How it keeps us apart
Watching days turn to nights, turn to weeks,
Turn everything I got into techniques
My mechanical heart, how it tears me apart

I miss it so much.
No button to touch
No dial to turn
No key to hold

I miss it so much.
No button to touch,
No flick of the switch,
Hand on my heart

Oct 18th, 2009, 3:26 pm
Nov 16th, 2009, 11:36 am
Anyone can get a flac or mp3 (320kb/s) for Bob Sinclar - Rock This Party (Everybody Dance Now)
Nov 16th, 2009, 11:36 am
Nov 17th, 2009, 10:26 am
I already have that one, i need a 320 kb/s version :). Thanks anyway
Nov 17th, 2009, 10:26 am
Nov 19th, 2009, 9:54 pm
LZF wrote:Artist: Tiësto - Elements Of Life World Tour Copenhagen (2008)
Genre: Trance
Format: MP3
Bitrate: VBR
Download instructions:
http://rapidshare.com/files/110792632/t ... .part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/110797155/t ... .part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/110801387/t ... .part3.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/110805367/t ... .part4.rar

Tracklist:

Disc 1: Elements Of Life

01. Tiesto - Ten Seconds Before Sunrise
02. Deadmau5 - Not Exactly
03. Tiesto feat. Jes - Everything (Cosmic Gate Remix)
04. Allure feat. Julie Thompson - Somewhere Inside
05. Tiesto - Carpe Noctum
06. Unity Street - Say Ho!
07. James Doman vs. Red Carpet - Alright
08. Imogen Heap - Hide And Seek (Tiesto's In Search Of Sunrise Remix)
09. Soliquid - Music Is For Rich People (Mat Zo Remix)
10. Tiesto - Bright Morningstar
11. Miko - Muzaik (Marcus Schossow Remix)
12. Pascal Feliz - From Inside The Speaker (Part 1)
13. Starkillers - Killer
14. Randy Boyer & Eric Tadla - Stemcell
15. Tiesto - Elements Of Life
16. Breakfast - The Horizon
17. Oliver Smith - Nimbus
18. Carl B - Life Can Wait
19. Steve Forte Rio - A New Dawn (Extended Version)
20. Jedidja - Dancing Water
21. D'Alt Villa - Breathing

Track Time 125:01 min

Disc 2: The Sound Of Tiesto

01. Tiesto feat. Maxi Jazz - Dance4Life (Freedom Mix)
02. Tiesto - Traffic
03. Tegan & Sara - Back In Your Head (Tiesto Remix)
04. Tiesto feat. Christian Burns - In The Dark
05. Tiesto feat. Charlotte Martin - Sweet Things (Tom Cloud Remix)
06. Tiesto feat. BT - Love Comes Again
07. Tiesto - Flight 643 (Richard Durand Remix)
08. Tiesto - Lethal Industry
09. Delerium feat. Sarah McLachlan - Silence (Tiesto's In Search Of Sunrise Remix)
10. Tiesto - Adagio For Strings
11. Klaus Badelt - He's A Pirate (Tiesto Remix)
12. Bart Claessen - First Light (Original Dub Mix)
13. Cold Blue & Del Mar - 11 Days (Sebastian Brandt Remix)
14. Sean Tyas - Lift (Sean Tyas Rework)
15. First State - Sierra Nevada
16. Airbase - Medusa
17. Simon Patterson - Bulldozer
18. Gareth Emery - More Than Anything (Stoneface & Terminal Remix)
19. Nenes & Pascal Feliz - Platinum
20. Cass Fox - Touch Me (Mike Koglin vs. Jono Grant Remix)

Track Time 128:23 min

Shame the link is dead> Any chance to make it alive again ?
Nov 19th, 2009, 9:54 pm