Jun 14th, 2017, 11:38 am
I've always enjoyed reading books (not ebooks) so I'm a super late adopter when it comes to eReaders. This year I finally gave in and got a Kobo. It's certainly not a replacement for real books (it wasn't meant to be) but I'm surprised at how much I love reading on it. I love the portability and how it doesn't hurt my eyes, and I especially love being able to sync articles through Pocket. What do you love best about your eReader?
Jun 14th, 2017, 11:38 am

Raaaawr.
Jun 19th, 2017, 2:02 pm
I love its portability, convenience & capability for the following reasons:
1. It can store many books in one place & if I get bored with one book I can easily switch to another without going to the bookshelf.
2. Better for eyes than laptop, iPad & real book (in case you read in low light)
3. I got free ebooks (Thanks to Mobilism) so my choice is limitless. I can read whatever book I find interesting on Amazon provided that it is uploaded on here. Only eReader can do this. Haha. My reading habit changes alot. From 1 book per year, now I read ~ 20 books & more.
Jun 19th, 2017, 2:02 pm

Now I’m awake and you’re here.  
Now I’m dreaming and you’re here.  
Now I have nothing but days.
Never nights.
Jun 26th, 2017, 5:21 am
I actually started reading eBooks over a decade ago on a Palm PDA. My eBook viewing device these days is an Android tablet,. using the open source FBReader for Android proqram to view the books. FBReader gets the nod because it reads ePub, Mobi, and FB2 (a Russian etext format) "native", and can display PDF, DjVu and other formats via plugins. I prefer ePub, but don't mostly have to care what form a book is in. (FBReader does not handle books with DRM, but I don't get DRMed titles and don't care.)

The tablet gets the nod over a dedicated reader because most dedicated eBook reader devices use eInk screens and are monochrome in consequence. Too much of what I read needs color, like volumes on art and art history. I've never had a problem reading on an LCD screen, so ease of reading on eInk isn't a factor.

But eBooks are an alternate format here. I have volumes on things like art, architecture, photography and design in paper, because they simply need a larger viewing area than a practice eBook viewing device can have. "Coffee table" books just don't work on portable devices. And for similar reasons, I don't normally try to read PDFs on the tablet. It's possible to create PDFs that reflow to fit the device screen, but most aren't created that way, and sideways scrolling to view a too wide document is actively painful.

The advantage to an eBook viewing device is that I can carry a library around with me. My library is stored on an external microSD card and has thousands of volumes. I normally have several in progress at a time, and I can read where ever I happen to be, whenever I have a moment. The amount I read has gone up in consequence. eBooks also allow searching of the content, and custom bookmarks and annotations.

The other advantage to eBooks is that you don't call the EMTs if my To Be Read stack topples over on me. Since that stack is in round thousands at the moment, that's a boon. :)
Jun 26th, 2017, 5:21 am
Jul 7th, 2017, 3:53 pm
I use iBooks on my iPhone and hands down the two biggest benefits to it for me is ease of access to my library (I store most on my laptop and upload to OneDrive for remote access via the phone) and the fact that since I always have my phone, I also always have my book. If it's a 2-minute wait at the corner store while the wife pops in for milk, or a 20-minute wait for aforementioned wife to get ready to go out, I have a book right at hand to kill said wait with.
Jul 7th, 2017, 3:53 pm
Jul 18th, 2017, 3:14 pm
Kindle. I have a 9.5 Lenovo tablet. Downloaded the kindle app and I transfer my mobilism books to that. Then in summer and sunshine of to our beach for a good relaxing read. Cannot beat it..
Jul 18th, 2017, 3:14 pm
Jul 24th, 2017, 7:09 am
I have Kobo Aura H2O, I love my reader for the most It can store many books in one place, he is better for eyes than Computer or mobile, I can read what I want, I always have it with myself...The best birthday present I ever received.
Jul 24th, 2017, 7:09 am
Jul 24th, 2017, 12:40 pm
I also have a kobo h20. I love it. The screen is clear, love the light and it s easy to bring it every where i go.
Jul 24th, 2017, 12:40 pm
Nov 29th, 2017, 2:51 am
I love my e reader. I think it`s a kobo. Why? I can read on it for what feels like 100 hours before it needs a charge. And it holds 100 books.
Sure my tablet holds more, is much faster. Is more than a book reader. But it`s on for at most 10 hours and then it`s dead..
And I forget to charge it.often
Nov 29th, 2017, 2:51 am

Pirates were the first democratic organization in the new world.
Jan 2nd, 2018, 11:09 am
i read on my ipod 2 with iBook. like other ereader it hold a lot of book, hundreds even. and able to carry it everywhere.
Jan 2nd, 2018, 11:09 am
Jan 17th, 2018, 4:10 pm
I like reading with ereader because it's easy to go everywhere with it. though it's not a replacement for real book, but it's easy to carry it around. and compared with phones or tablets, i love how the screen doesn't make your eyes tired easily and got you distracted by notification while you're reading
Jan 17th, 2018, 4:10 pm

Don't forget to click that thank you button. It doesn't cost you anything :D
Jan 23rd, 2018, 3:10 am
I have a Kobo Aura, first generation. I love that I can take my whole library with me (at least those that I have epubs of) anywhere I go. It's light and portable, which gets points over physical copies of books. I've also been able to find many more eBook versions of books that I have been searching for than the physical copies in local stores (and even Amazon in some cases). The one thing I love best about this particular version of the Kobo is that this one has a microSD slot to allow for more storage. I have over 1700 books, which it turns out is a little too much for 4GB to handle. I also enjoy seeing my reading stats (such as percentage of library read).

There is also the added bonus of being able to read in the dark with the backlight.
Jan 23rd, 2018, 3:10 am
Feb 15th, 2018, 11:44 pm
i have the basic Kindle from Amazon, i love that it feels very close to a hard-copy, with no back-light it's easy on the eyes and "reacts" like paper.
portable, easy to transfer to, or sort. a charge holds for a quite a long while.
Feb 15th, 2018, 11:44 pm
Feb 22nd, 2018, 2:56 am
I owned basic kindle, it worked smoothly until my daughter stepped on it. Now I read with regular tablet, heavier than kindle, but it works fine.
Feb 22nd, 2018, 2:56 am
Mar 1st, 2018, 6:39 pm
There are lots of things I like about my ereader, probably my top ones are the fact that I can carry lots of books on it, which is very practical, and that it helps in saving physical space :) Also the fact that it weighs way less than a real book (reading the hardcover of the last G. R. Martin book in bed was quite the challenge hahha)
Mar 1st, 2018, 6:39 pm
Mar 26th, 2018, 3:41 am
I still like reading print books, but admit that my eReader comes in handy when I travel. Instead of bringing a stack of books with me I can bring one device and a charging cord.

Right now I have a Kindle Paperwhite and a Nook Glowlight. I like that the Nook lets me use an SD card to expand my storage, and I do need it. I also like that Amazon has many more very cheap/free ebooks for when I want to try new authors and has a better search feature. Hence me having one of each. :)
Mar 26th, 2018, 3:41 am