Mar 11th, 2018, 3:11 pm
Not to be confused with Black Library of War Hammer fame, but a good backup site for downloading fiction. Last couple of weeks any search comes back as no book found. It is driving me crazy to know what is going on. News from anyone would be appreciated, thanks.
Mar 11th, 2018, 3:11 pm
Mar 13th, 2018, 12:44 am
The only item I found is at https://wiki24.net/post/81vqnp/ . Strange that the site pops up, but doesn't have any content. If its still active, it would be nice if they would post a notice about the status. I liked the site; found quite a few books there over the years.
Mar 13th, 2018, 12:44 am
Apr 1st, 2018, 8:16 am
I have been having the same issue for a month now. And I noticed that old book-links to the site still work, but the search does not. I have been trying to find information, been coming up with nothing. I love Blacklib.com. I miss it. :(
Apr 1st, 2018, 8:16 am
Apr 1st, 2018, 8:25 am
Hello,

Does anyone know the story with what is going on with Blacklib.com?
The site, for me , has been not working for like a month now. I cannot find any information on why. Also, when clicking on an old Blacklib.com link, the page comes up, and the book link too no problem. The search comes up with “No books found, sorry…” Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Or know why?

Thank you.
Apr 1st, 2018, 8:25 am
Apr 6th, 2018, 3:41 am
I went there tonight and searched for several authors in a few different genres. I didn't get any results on any of them. :(

Given that all of these authors are pretty prolific and well-known, that is not a good sign.
Apr 6th, 2018, 3:41 am
Apr 11th, 2018, 1:29 am
I think it's finished. Tried everything.. Cellphone, laptop, computer.. It was good while it lasted
Apr 11th, 2018, 1:29 am
Apr 21st, 2018, 4:26 am
Only the search function is not working. If there's any IT guy around get us some trick. Books are still available on blacklib

Try this:

blacklib.com/book/xxxxxx

xxxxxx = 6 digit no.
Apr 21st, 2018, 4:26 am
May 10th, 2018, 12:07 am
Booklett wrote:Only the search function is not working. If there's any IT guy around get us some trick. Books are still available on blacklib

Try this:

blacklib.com/book/xxxxxx

xxxxxx = 6 digit no.

How would I know what 6 digits to use?
May 10th, 2018, 12:07 am
May 13th, 2018, 5:46 am
On doing some research I found that site is supposedly in the Ukraine, that is was sold and re-purchased in March by another company in the Ukraine which might explain the lack of response. According to the various sources, the site is up and working correctly but, as mentioned above, has a broken-non working search function. If you try to use Google to search for book (site:blacklib.com) it appears to flag you on a Google watch. I used to be able to do it that way but now I keep getting a warning message that I am "using Google in an unauthorized manner" and the equivalent of stop it or you'll be in trouble.

Is the six digit number mentioned above the ISBN?
May 13th, 2018, 5:46 am
May 13th, 2018, 4:41 pm
Just sent a PM to "booklett" about the above post:

Hi, we were wondering what six digit number you used? and in your example is "book" supposed to be the book name or just the word "book"? Sorry to be so lame but there are a lot of us who'd really like a way back into this site.
May 13th, 2018, 4:41 pm
May 13th, 2018, 5:38 pm
Hello,

Actually we need to find out a way which can scan the site to search the books. The six digit no. is any random no. which is allocated for any random book.

For eg.

http://blacklib.com/book/100142

When I entered 100142 I got this book.
«Do You Take This Rebel» by Sherryl Woods

Try with any six digit no. you'll get some book. But there's no way to search for a particular book. Maybe we can make a custom search engine on google and put this site.
May 13th, 2018, 5:38 pm
May 13th, 2018, 11:19 pm
Hope someone will find a workaround for this site. I have been experiencing several different problems with the website over the last several months. One is that the security seems to be lacking, and I have a hard time getting through my browser safeguards. Then there is the "no books" thing as well. Today, trying the above with 6 random, I would pull a book for a couple of seconds, then it goes to some kind of browser add-on which I don't feel like trusting. I am running Win 8.1 on a Chrome browser.
May 13th, 2018, 11:19 pm
May 25th, 2018, 12:15 am
4cats2kids wrote:
Booklett wrote:Only the search function is not working. If there's any IT guy around get us some trick. Books are still available on blacklib

Try this:

blacklib.com/book/xxxxxx
xxxxxx = 6 digit no.

How would I know what 6 digits to use?

Well, as a random experiment, 667777 will net you an epub of Harry Turtledove's _Bombs Away_
May 25th, 2018, 12:15 am
May 30th, 2018, 8:21 pm
Spent some time on the site; putting blacklib.com/book/nnnnnn (any six digits where the first # is >9) in your address box will produce a
book. It appears maybe books were numbered as they were added? Without the search function it doesn't appear that you can pull up a specific book. Any computer geeks out there have ideas? I am very frustrated to know that the books are still out there but no logical way to get at them.

I wouldn't try to use a google search engine because I received some negative emails while trying searches. Basically it seemed to track back that google was being used for non-legal searches.
May 30th, 2018, 8:21 pm
Jun 12th, 2018, 2:28 am
Found a backdoor!!! for some books

Using the site: http://www.general-ebooks.com/ if you perform a title or author or series search you will get a results page or nothing found entry. Clicking onto one of the results page, sometime there is a box: Links from our users showing a link back to blacklib.com. THESE LINKS WORK.... and can be used to download that particular item from blacklib.com. It is time consuming but when you find one, yippie for me... Hope this helps some. If anyone else finds a workaround please feel free to post...
Jun 12th, 2018, 2:28 am