Jan 30th, 2018, 1:27 pm
Hello! I have recently acquired a fascination (and obsession) of obscure books--that is, books that are (1) forgotten, (2) lost, (3) out of print, (4) out of ebook copies, (5) nobody's ever heard of, (6) on their way to being wiped off the face of earth. So far I have read TWO COLLEGE FRIENDS by Frederick Wadsworth Loring and THE NOTEBOOK OF GISMONDO CAVALLETTI by R.M. Lamming. These two books fall into every category of obscure I listed above. My friends have never heard of it. If you look them up on Goodreads, they have 1 or 2 reviews only (one of each is mine), signifying their obscurity from the publishing world.

Now. Do you know any obscure books?
Jan 30th, 2018, 1:27 pm
Feb 4th, 2018, 6:35 pm
Well, recently, I wanted to purchase a set of Adult Western kindle books on Amazon which was written by Trevor Evans. The series was called Lawman. I keep on checking, hoping they will re-upload it but to no avail. Have you ever read this series?
Feb 4th, 2018, 6:35 pm

Please pm me if any links I have posted have expired as soon as possible.
Feb 5th, 2018, 4:35 am
Herowho wrote:Well, recently, I wanted to purchase a set of Adult Western kindle books on Amazon which was written by Trevor Evans. The series was called Lawman. I keep on checking, hoping they will re-upload it but to no avail. Have you ever read this series?

Hello! I haven't read this series. But I have heard of Trevor Evans. Looks interesting. Now I have to add him on my to-read list. Thanks for the recommendation. :D
Feb 5th, 2018, 4:35 am
Feb 18th, 2018, 7:44 pm
You're welcome, imnotanerd1997.
Feb 18th, 2018, 7:44 pm

Mar 2nd, 2018, 5:33 am
Also, I have noticed that a lot of Marvel books which were supposed to be ebooks are now out of print online. Anyone know why that is happening?
Mar 2nd, 2018, 5:33 am

Mar 25th, 2018, 11:40 pm
Herowho wrote:Also, I have noticed that a lot of Marvel books which were supposed to be ebooks are now out of print online. Anyone know why that is happening?

May have to do something with Disney buying the company. They tend to shed books they don't think are related to their idea of what the subsidiary should be selling.
Mar 25th, 2018, 11:40 pm
Apr 2nd, 2018, 11:23 pm
Well actually, scomman, I was talking about the novels that were supposed to be ebooks after Disney purchased the company such as Captain America: The Never-Ending Battle or Spider-Man: Enemies Closer.
Apr 2nd, 2018, 11:23 pm

Jun 18th, 2018, 2:15 am
Here's a nicely obscure and very rare one: The Devil Made the Small Town by Dorothy Lyons. Try bookfinder.com, it's unlikely you'll see even one copy for sale. Further, worldcat.org shows it being held by only ONE library (tho I assume the Library of Congress should also have one).

I actually do have a copy (eBay after several years of looking) and by the quite large number of errors, I believe this book was very likely published by a vanity press. Probably the reason it is so rare. My copy has a rubber stamp in it with an address to order them from and a price, I'm guessing the author had it printed it for her family (it's a memoir) and then attempted to sell copies herself to her fans.
Jun 18th, 2018, 2:15 am