Jun 12th, 2018, 2:00 pm
Hey Friends,
There are many paperback books with no ebooks version.But if you like you can borrow books from library,Scan it and post it here.If you don't have a Scanner,You can Use the app "Cam scanner" or any other app.If you do that it will be helpful for all people.

Find a near library for any book: http://www.worldcat.org

At last :? I just posted this for let you know that you can easily Scan a Book.
THANK YOU BYE :D
Jun 12th, 2018, 2:00 pm
Jun 14th, 2018, 5:40 pm
Thanks for the suggestion but I don’t think it will catch on.
Most people seem to want retail quality epubs which I doubt this method will give us, plus I couldn’t even even imagine scanning a 400+ page novel.

just my opinion
Jun 14th, 2018, 5:40 pm
Jun 15th, 2018, 3:12 pm
Yeah,Thats true.But its worth making a digital version for rare and infamous books.
Jun 15th, 2018, 3:12 pm
Jun 18th, 2018, 1:45 am
There are many hardcover AND paperback books with no ebook version. There are many rare books where finding even a library copy is quite difficult! However, as someone who does borrow/buy and scan books, I can tell you that making a quality reflowable ebook, one that is a pleasure to read, with few errors, is a VERY time consuming task! It is not for everyone.

Further, while scanning a book and making a PDF is not terribly hard, taking that PDF and making it into a lovely reflowable text valid ePUB that will convert well to Kindle takes some work and understanding of basic XHTML and CSS. I have used a phone to scan on occasion, and even with good apps, those scans have way more errors upon being run through ABBYY for OCR than I prefer. Which is why I usually buy books so I can cut them and feed them through my document scanner. Or carefully use a wand scanner or flatbed to scan uncut.

It absolutely CAN be done, I am doing it, but it has taken me several years to get to where I feel quite happy with how my books look and perform, at least in the more standard apps/devices such as Kobo, Nook, Sony, Kindle, iPad.

Anyway, I'm all for preserving rare books by making ebooks from them, but it's a hobby few people are going to be keen on. You gotta like re-reading and it helps greatly to be a fast reader, because proofreading is no picnic. Further, preserving illustrations and cover art takes some digital editing skills, you will rarely get hard to find books with great dust jackets.

So, I applaud your zeal, go for it, but don't expect a rush of folks going out to do what you've suggested. Scanning is the easy part, everything else needs devoted work.
Jun 18th, 2018, 1:45 am
Jun 19th, 2018, 4:34 am
Well, maybe you or someone could form a scanning-ocr-proofreading-tagging group to help reduce time and increase willing volunteers?

Think of it as a sort of round robin or bucket brigade for digitizing material, and it is a model that is working for PG and LV. (Albeit the latter is more of an auditory approach to the model but it still gets books out for people to read. Which is the main point.)
Jun 19th, 2018, 4:34 am

Jun 22nd, 2018, 6:08 am
Don't forget: if you post a scan, you have to *tell us it is a scan*.

And don't post crappy scans. If it's barely readable, it doesn't meet quality standards and it will be (and should be) reported.
Jun 22nd, 2018, 6:08 am

Use this. It's free. https://www.libraryextension.com/
A link to my family's fiction wishlist is posted in my profile.
Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
No PDFs, PDF conversions or archive.org scans (I can get those myself).