Apr 28th, 2019, 12:39 pm
Would it possible to separate out newspapers and magazines? Would others also like to view available newpapers daily say but magazines less frequently?

merry60 wrote:Unfortunately, such a division is not possible, sorry.
Apr 28th, 2019, 12:39 pm
Apr 30th, 2019, 8:14 pm
Only link working in a release gives the following message, after me apparently downloading a different book earlier:

Delay between downloads must be not less than 120 minutes, try again later.

Do not want to wait? please click here.

https://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=1294&t=1354395&hilit=dave+cubiak
https://katfile.com/lunzjeqe9y8o/DaveCubiakseries.rar.html

I imagine this has been covered somewhere else, but why does this site permit the use of such annoying upload sites?
Apr 30th, 2019, 8:14 pm

I do not refresh dead Request links. Post another request in the Request Forum
I happily refresh my Release links. PM me from the PM button at the bottom of this page and include a link with your request.
Apr 30th, 2019, 8:48 pm
I feel your pain. Unfortunately, most file storage sites are annoying in some way. They need to make money so they show ads or allow sneaky piggybacked .exe files. They show misleading redirects under cover of a download button. All to encourage free users to buy a premium subscription. Those subscribers get the unthrottled speed and long-term storage. Many sites pay their premium subscribers per download. But I think you know this.

We fight back by using VPNs and download managers and Mobilism's own premium service. But not everyone can afford to purchase *any* premium services. Mobilism users come from all over the globe. I highly suspect Gilligan's Island has coconut-based internet access by now. And so, pretty much any site allowing free users to download is allowed.

The posts with no blue arrow will eventually be replaced. In the meantime, I still use JDownloader here and at other sites.

{hug} and a giant chewy cookie to you.
Apr 30th, 2019, 8:48 pm

Use this. It's free. https://www.libraryextension.com/
A link to my family's fiction wishlist is posted in my profile.
Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
No PDFs, PDF conversions or archive.org scans (I can get those myself).
Apr 30th, 2019, 8:51 pm
Now that Mobilism has the new Blue Arrow Rule, can we request blue arrow links from the poster even if the free links are working?

I understand this would break one rule in favor of upcycling (is that the word?) of another rule.
Apr 30th, 2019, 8:51 pm

Use this. It's free. https://www.libraryextension.com/
A link to my family's fiction wishlist is posted in my profile.
Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
No PDFs, PDF conversions or archive.org scans (I can get those myself).
Apr 30th, 2019, 10:30 pm
Anonyma'am wrote:Now that Mobilism has the new Blue Arrow Rule, can we request blue arrow links from the poster even if the free links are working?

I understand this would break one rule in favor of upcycling (is that the word?) of another rule.
You can request, of course ;-)

But rules cannot be applied retroactively, we cannot penalise posters for releases and links posted before the rule became effective. I am sure that many of the posters will comply if you request, as long as you understand that they are not breaking any rules if they do not comply. Not everybody will be happy having to add new links to posts with working links.

@PollyannaRoe, I also feel your pain. Unfortunately, Katfile is just one difficult filehost among many, and unless we start banning left and right, the only thing we can do is help with the process of downloading to make it less painful.

If you check the Help topics, you will note that the first thing we warn about Katfile is that you need to disable your adblocker BEFORE you click the link. If you forget this detail you are doomed. But once you get the hang of it, the rest of the steps are just as annoying as any other filehost :D
Apr 30th, 2019, 10:30 pm
Apr 30th, 2019, 10:38 pm
Thank you!
Apr 30th, 2019, 10:38 pm

I happily refresh my Release links. PM me from the PM button at the bottom of this page and include a link with your request.
May 6th, 2019, 11:08 am
Hi,

There are times, when I try to download an ebook. I click on link(s) and following screen appears.
I am not sure, why it happens. Any solutions ? It's my companies laptop, so it may be has some firewalls and all. But this happens only in certain cases.

This problem came in recent when I was downloading (link removed by mod)

Thanks in advance.

-NB
May 6th, 2019, 11:08 am
May 6th, 2019, 12:25 pm
nightbibliophile wrote:Hi,

There are times, when I try to download an ebook. I click on link(s) and following screen appears.
I am not sure, why it happens. Any solutions ? It's my companies laptop, so it may be has some firewalls and all. But this happens only in certain cases.
1. http://images.mobilism.org/?dm=JWZO2SWB
2. http://images.mobilism.org/?dm=2R8G29KT

This problem came in recent when I was downloading (link removed by mod)

Thanks in advance.

-NB

The first warning is your ISP telling you that the site is banned in your country. You may need to use a VPN (and probably your own computer).

The second host is "not resolvable" because it doesn't exist, Uploadrocket closed over a year ago: viewtopic.php?p=5232209#5232209
May 6th, 2019, 12:25 pm
May 26th, 2019, 9:59 pm
I have a title that is listed in requests and would like to share it. I read the section on how to create a release, and I understand that. But I don't see any instructions on how to connect my release to the actual request post. Is there a help topic that provides details on that?
Any advice would be appreciated.
May 26th, 2019, 9:59 pm
May 26th, 2019, 10:37 pm
Sarsan wrote:I have a title that is listed in requests and would like to share it. I read the section on how to create a release, and I understand that. But I don't see any instructions on how to connect my release to the actual request post. Is there a help topic that provides details on that?

If you just want to fulfill the request, you upload your title to an upload site, then post your link to the book in the request thread. If you're first to post the correct item, you'll get the reward.

You may also do a release if you wish (assuming it's not already there), then post a link to that release page on Mobilism in the request thread. In that case, you'll get the request reward as well as any "thank you" rewards from the release.
May 26th, 2019, 10:37 pm

May 26th, 2019, 10:58 pm
PollyannaRoe wrote:
Sarsan wrote:I have a title that is listed in requests and would like to share it. I read the section on how to create a release, and I understand that. But I don't see any instructions on how to connect my release to the actual request post. Is there a help topic that provides details on that?

If you just want to fulfill the request, you upload your title to an upload site, then post your link to the book in the request thread. If you're first to post the correct item, you'll get the reward.

You may also do a release if you wish (assuming it's not already there), then post a link to that release page on Mobilism in the request thread. In that case, you'll get the request reward as well as any "thank you" rewards from the release.

Thank you! I'll try the release way since that will likely be seen by more people.
May 26th, 2019, 10:58 pm
May 30th, 2019, 12:45 pm
Hello: I have been getting this message today - "It is not possible to carry out a record in the file." It's a new one for me and it has happened for every book that I tried to download
today and using a variety of sites by clicking on the blue checkmark.
May 30th, 2019, 12:45 pm
May 30th, 2019, 12:46 pm
Karmae wrote:Hello: I have been getting this message today - "It is not possible to carry out a record in the file." It's a new one for me and it has happened for every book that I tried to download

The Premium downloader is down at the moment, please be patient and try the links manually until Disk4mat comes online, thank you!
May 30th, 2019, 12:46 pm
May 30th, 2019, 3:20 pm
Karmae wrote:Hello: I have been getting this message today - "It is not possible to carry out a record in the file." It's a new one for me and it has happened for every book that I tried to download

Fixed now, my apologies it took so long, I was asleep.
May 30th, 2019, 3:20 pm