Jan 28th, 2017, 8:47 pm
Mathershaw wrote:Not sure how current this thread is, and to be honest ney understand about 5% of context. I only tend to down Load ePub files that I can read on my iBooks. Once or twice a book I really want to read has only been available on Mobi, I've downloaded a couple, but never managed to get onto any kind of reader (on my iPad) in a format that's easy to read. No idea how to get them on my kindle reader (again on IPad) unless I buy them from Amazon.

use this site. i always use it and it is great. it allows you to convert any format to epub(or any other format of your choosing). highly recommended :)
http://toepub.com/

that being said,this topic isnt about that. it is about"untouched/retail"releases vs "modified in any way/converted" releases :)
Jan 28th, 2017, 8:47 pm

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT,AND CAN AFFORD IT, BUY IT.
Jan 28th, 2017, 8:57 pm
Thank you, I'll give it a go, and yes, I did kind of worry that I was leading the post off down another alley - sorry :(
Jan 28th, 2017, 8:57 pm
Jan 28th, 2017, 10:15 pm
Mathershaw wrote:Thank you, I'll give it a go, and yes, I did kind of worry that I was leading the post off down another alley - sorry :(

no problem. glad to have helped :)
Jan 28th, 2017, 10:15 pm

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT,AND CAN AFFORD IT, BUY IT.
Jan 30th, 2017, 3:15 pm
I recently down loaded a mobi version of a book, when I opened it on an e reader I struggled with the formatting and the fact that there seemed to be the odd word missing. I usually download ePub and had never experienced this before. So I assumed -,wrongly as I now know that the format was the issue. With the forum's help I converted the mobi to an ePub, same issues, except as I persevered reading the book (it's an absolute favourite ) I realised the book was a proof and still had some editing notes as well as the formatting issues - lines running into each other, paragraph breaks I'd sentence, missing words etc. Is this perhaps why people ask for retail only? Personally I'll take anything I can for a much wanted book, but I do have to admit the reading of it is a little off putting.
Jan 30th, 2017, 3:15 pm
Jan 30th, 2017, 11:26 pm
@Mathershaw

I think you got an advanced reader's copy of some sort and I think it's against the rules here to post such.
Jan 30th, 2017, 11:26 pm

I do not refresh dead Request links. Post another request in the Request Forum
I happily refresh my Release links. PM me from the PM button at the bottom of this page and include a link with your request.
Sep 13th, 2019, 4:37 am
So if we're not talking about one of those "bad form" situations , I think the requester should be required to say something more than, "Sorry, not retail" with no description of what, precisely, is wrong with the provided copy. That really chaps my hide when the copy appears to be a retail copy. It shouldn't be for the provider to have to ask what the problem is.

Yeah I definitely agree with this.
I think the best case scenario is to upload both the retail format (azw3 if bought from amazon) and the converted one.
Sep 13th, 2019, 4:37 am
Sep 13th, 2019, 7:27 pm
PollyannaRoe wrote:I think you got an advanced reader's copy of some sort and I think it's against the rules here to post such.

(I realize that the quoted message is a couple of years old, but to clarify for current & new posters...)

Just to clarify, no, at this time , it is not against the rules to post an ARC. With two provisos.
1. That it must be labelled as an ARC in the release subject and title lines.
2. With the understanding that as soon as someone does post a final "retail" copy, the ARC post will be binned.

It is against the rules to request ARCs, though. This may be what caused the confusion.
Sep 13th, 2019, 7:27 pm

"We Gladly Feast on Those Who Would Subdue Us." - Addams Family