To store good stuff in digital format 38
11%
You can't buy them in your country 33
9%
Because its fun 10
3%
Total votes : 357
Oct 13th, 2017, 3:33 pm
Similar to many here, I read so many books, I couldn't afford to buy all of them. Where possible, I'll get them from the local library or charity shop. And if I find a cheap copy on eBay I'll go for that. But for those I can't get hold of, it's great having this site as a resource.
Oct 13th, 2017, 3:33 pm
Nov 1st, 2017, 7:22 pm
Pretty much financial. I'm debating kindle unlimited right now but I just hate the kindle app. Part of the naptser generation growing up so I guess it's sort of "in the blood" but when you're on a limited income even $10 a month seems like a debate between that and something that might be more important.
Nov 1st, 2017, 7:22 pm
Nov 1st, 2017, 7:23 pm
Pretty much financial. I'm debating kindle unlimited right now but I just hate the kindle app. Part of the naptser generation growing up so I guess it's sort of "in the blood" but when you're on a limited income even $10 a month seems like a debate between that and something that might be more important.
Nov 1st, 2017, 7:23 pm
Nov 23rd, 2017, 9:45 am
There is no way I can afford to read as much as I do so downloading is a life saver for me. And Mobilism is the ultimate site for ebooks. I don't know what I would do without this website. You guys keep me sane!!!
Nov 23rd, 2017, 9:45 am
Nov 24th, 2017, 10:22 pm
It sounds terrible, but I don't want to spend my disposable income on something that's available for free.

I do purchase books when I can't find a good copy online, or if they're especially good, though.
Nov 24th, 2017, 10:22 pm

PM me if you need new links, and I'll get them replaced within 3 days.
Support authors by buying their books if you like what you've sampled.
Nov 29th, 2017, 2:03 am
I spent many many hundreds of dollars buying over 300 books building my library. Then I decided to go digital, so donated my library to a local thrift store. Then found the rules for new drm books. Sorry I read then pass on to my nephews and others to read, not so it only works just on one device.
I pirate because it guarantees that I can read the book again in 5 years regardless of the operating system, device or internet availability I will have at that time.
Nov 29th, 2017, 2:03 am

Pirates were the first democratic organization in the new world.
Jan 2nd, 2018, 11:00 am
money is always the source of unhappiness to those who have lack of it.
and sometimes, i hate to venture into a series that i dont know if i gonna love it, hence the choice to download
andddd because amazon decided my country is not good enough to even download free books. :-x :-x
Jan 2nd, 2018, 11:00 am
Feb 15th, 2018, 11:48 pm
financial reasons, and limited space.
and sometimes you have to read first, sometimes the ending is crap for a series or such. some are hard to find as well!
i do buy when i can, but otherwise Mobilism has been a life-saver!
Feb 15th, 2018, 11:48 pm
Feb 24th, 2018, 1:06 pm
Mainly because of financial but all the option have been at least once to be the reason I pirate it. If I like so much, I will definitely buy it.
Feb 24th, 2018, 1:06 pm
May 10th, 2018, 6:18 pm
I don't have the money to pay for the books. And I love reading a lot so I do appreciate this.
May 10th, 2018, 6:18 pm
May 11th, 2018, 1:36 am
When I'm trying a new author or genre, I really don't want to pay $8 to find out I don't like it. My local library's e-book program doesn't carry mass market paperback titles. So I "test" the book and if I really like it I'll buy it used or as an e-version.

Another reason is that sometimes they books do not exist as legal ebooks. A lot of older books that I enjoy re-reading fall into this category, so I get them here when I can.

Just my two cents. YMMV.
May 11th, 2018, 1:36 am
May 17th, 2018, 10:39 pm
I started because I read voraciously. I got an e-reader because I could load a dozen or so books when we went on vacation without the space/weight penalty. When I started to replicate my physical library (600+ hardcovers and 2000+ paperbacks) I realized that I would go broke very quickly. Wish that I had found Mobilism much sooner!
May 17th, 2018, 10:39 pm
May 24th, 2018, 5:38 pm
Financial
I do buy what I can, mainly though my buying is limited to books I can’t get digitally. Usually 70’s fantasy like Flashing Swords and Weird Heroes.
Been trying to locate the James Bond books that were released by Bantam in ‘71 but they go for at least £40 each.
May 24th, 2018, 5:38 pm
May 27th, 2018, 6:13 am
Financial & there's no bookstore for 10 or so miles in and around the 'city' that I live in. I have to travel nearly half a day to another city just to find one and the fare's enough to buy at least one book and probably two pocket books. T^T I'd buy books if I had a lot of money, but that mostly happens in my dreams.
May 27th, 2018, 6:13 am

Don't be afraid of being alone, I am always here. We can be alone together.

:) :) :) :lol: :lol: :lol: