Jul 2nd, 2019, 7:27 pm
Anybody else out there waiting on the new Dresden Files book, Peace Talks by Jim Butcher, to hit the releases? No release date on his site as of this post but come on already Jim :-x :-x This is almost as bad as waiting on George R. R. Martin to bust a move on Song of Ice & Fire :problem: Is it just me or are authors spending more time doing other things instead of finishing their series' after they got us hooked. Anyway, quick recommendation and I'll finish my rant. The Dresden Files, Jim Butcher...check them out. I ate them all up like a Wild Thing after the first book. And have done so several times. Thanks for the habit Mr. Butcher. :shifty:
Jul 2nd, 2019, 7:27 pm

Jul 3rd, 2019, 5:10 am
Seriously? Dang, it's been so long I thought he'd given up writing Harry novels. Thanks!
Jul 3rd, 2019, 5:10 am

Use this. It's free. https://www.libraryextension.com/
A link to my family's fiction wishlist is posted in my profile.
Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
No PDFs, PDF conversions or archive.org scans (I can get those myself).
Jul 3rd, 2019, 8:58 am
His divorce, new relationship, and new house have all cut into his writing. And I`ve heard that the ex gets half of what he makes off of pre-divorce series so the last 10 books may or may not get written. It would be good to have the series wrap when he calls it quits though.
Jul 3rd, 2019, 8:58 am
Aug 18th, 2019, 3:25 am
You would think he was working on a 1000 page opus like our favorite game of thrones author...

Seriously, Dresden books can be read in a couple of hours and its taken him years for the new one.

March 5th, 2015 was the last publication

Wish I could take almost 4 1/2 years off my job because my love life sucked...
Aug 18th, 2019, 3:25 am
Aug 18th, 2019, 4:50 am
bookfrog wrote:You would think he was working on a 1000 page opus like our favorite game of thrones author...

Seriously, Dresden books can be read in a couple of hours and its taken him years for the new one.

LOL! :lol:
Yeah, the next one better be damn good and with more Harry (and more about Mouse) and less magic-daughter-of-best-friend and fae. I like my supernatural action right here.
Aug 18th, 2019, 4:50 am

Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
Aug 21st, 2019, 3:10 am
Last month he posted that the book was finished and in the hands of the beta for review. Here's hoping for a release date before Christmas!
Aug 21st, 2019, 3:10 am
Aug 25th, 2019, 12:28 am
bookfrog wrote:You would think he was working on a 1000 page opus like our favorite game of thrones author...

He put out another book in between. New series.
Aug 25th, 2019, 12:28 am
Oct 4th, 2019, 4:40 am
Could be worse, could be Patrick Rothfuss. I'd really like to read the third book before I die. Not sure it's allowed to do it after.
Oct 4th, 2019, 4:40 am
Oct 8th, 2019, 1:37 pm
Unpopular opinion, but I'd rather an author take their time writing the book they wanted.
I've seen what happens when they rush things to please the fans and it was so bad that the publisher fired them and hired a ghostie.

I really want a sequel to the Aeronaut's Windlass, though ☹️
Oct 8th, 2019, 1:37 pm
Oct 8th, 2019, 7:13 pm
deathbyslurpee wrote:I've seen what happens when they rush things to please the fans and it was so bad that the publisher fired them and hired a ghostie.

Seriously?! Do tell! {rubbing hands with gleeful anticipation}
Oct 8th, 2019, 7:13 pm

Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
Oct 16th, 2019, 11:29 am
He 0tried to kill Harry off a while ago so I would imagine he is tired of writing the series and wants to move on to new things.
Al K. Line just did the same thing with the Wildcat Wizard but instead of a sniper he got taken out by a chicken bone :-)

Fizban wrote:I have edited the line about A K Line to make it white. As Anonyma'am points out, not everyone may have read those books yet.Highlight if you want to see the spoiler.
Oct 16th, 2019, 11:29 am
Oct 16th, 2019, 6:45 pm
Oh, man. Spoiler alert, please? I have the books, but haven't read them yet!

gravedancer wrote:He 0tried to kill Harry off a while ago so I would imagine he is tired of writing the series and wants to move on to new things.
Al K. Line just did the same thing with the Wildcat Wizard but instead of a sniper he got taken out by a chicken bone :-)
Oct 16th, 2019, 6:45 pm

Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
Oct 20th, 2019, 10:26 pm
I checked Amazon and Butcher's website for updates. Nothing new since the July post, except for his Dragoncon schedule and a blurb for Parallel Worlds: The Heroes Within. It's an anthology of short stories that incudes a new Dresden-universe story about Goodman Grey.
Oct 20th, 2019, 10:26 pm
Dec 27th, 2019, 12:19 pm
The book has a release date now. July, 2020
Dec 27th, 2019, 12:19 pm
Dec 30th, 2019, 10:08 pm
Amazon has a live pre-order link, and gives July 14th as the release date. Hooray!
Dec 30th, 2019, 10:08 pm