Oct 21st, 2019, 3:17 am
Been hanging around here for a while and something seems to have changed recently and not being "in with the in crowd" I gotta ask what it means...

I have started seeing a (+) after the title/author of some books. Soooo, he asks imploringly, just what does the (+) connote?

NOTE: I waited a long time trying to figure out what numbers like 4,186 or 12,292 meant after a book author/title only to be told that it doesn't mean anything to anyone but the person that uploaded the book.
Oct 21st, 2019, 3:17 am
Oct 21st, 2019, 4:55 am
If you see a plus sign after an author's name or after a book format, it means that there are more authors or more formats available that cannot be listed in the amount of space available. We used to encourage users to use "et al" for multiple authors but that uses up 5 spaces so we decided to go for the + instead. Usually the extra authors are listed in the first line of the body of the post, unless we're dealing with an anthology or something similar, in which case the authors' names will appear below the book cover image.
Oct 21st, 2019, 4:55 am

Reality can be beaten with enough imagination.

- Mark Twain
Oct 23rd, 2019, 1:21 am
Thanks!
Oct 23rd, 2019, 1:21 am