Dec 10th, 2019, 2:58 pm
Does anyone know how to download a book from archived.org? I can borrow the book, but not download it as a pdf file.
My only option now is to take 275 screenshots of every page which i rather not do.

I offer 50 WRZ$ for an answer. Thank you!
Dec 10th, 2019, 2:58 pm
Dec 10th, 2019, 9:26 pm
If you mean The Internet Archive (archive.org), then kinda-maybe-sort-of. I've borrowed books from that site (create a login) which download as an .acsm file. AFAIK, this requires you to open it using Adobe Digital Editions. ADE is free. Once you've opened it with ADE, choose File->Show in Explorer. You'll see a proper .ePUB or .PDF which you can then copy to another folder.

Remember, these are borrowed and will expire so don't get a bunch and then forget them. I speak from experience. :)

Hope this helps! It's a great source for old stuff and not-released-as-ebook scans.
Dec 10th, 2019, 9:26 pm

Use this. It's free. https://www.libraryextension.com/
A link to my family's fiction wishlist is posted in my profile.
Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
No PDFs, PDF conversions or archive.org scans (I can get those myself).
Dec 11th, 2019, 3:29 pm
If it's the same procedure as on OpenLIbrary (.acsm file), you need to install Adobe DE, as Anonyma'am said.
The file will be saved to "My Digital Editions".
Install ePUBee and remove the DRM protection. Then return the book or it will auto-expiry, I guess. I still have 2 books I never returned as I've uninstalled ADE. ;-)
Dec 11th, 2019, 3:29 pm

Protect your eyes: read True PDFs only.
Image Download from DropGalaxy at your own risk Image
Dec 11th, 2019, 8:20 pm
Thank you, marooned2 - I forgot to mention the DRM!

You don't have to actively return the books. The token just expires and ADE will no longer open them. It's the same with library books.
Dec 11th, 2019, 8:20 pm

Use this. It's free. https://www.libraryextension.com/
A link to my family's fiction wishlist is posted in my profile.
Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
No PDFs, PDF conversions or archive.org scans (I can get those myself).