Aug 19th, 2020, 12:19 pm
Likassa wrote:I read everything I can on my e-book reader (I have Pocket book). If some pdf are not converted into other formats I have to read on my laptop or mobile.

And when I buy books on Amazon I also have to read them on either on the laptop or the phone cause I can't find how to download them on my computer to convert them and copy them into my reader.

You should use Calibre. It’s a free app. After downloading your book from Amazon to your harddrive, you can import it in Calibre. You can convert it to for instance the epub format and then upload it to your ereader. It is really easy to use and it does a great job.
Aug 19th, 2020, 12:19 pm
Oct 7th, 2020, 6:22 pm
lenono phab2 6.5 inch phone ...
Oct 7th, 2020, 6:22 pm

Pirates were the first democratic organization in the new world.
Oct 28th, 2020, 4:57 pm
Tolino or Laptop
Oct 28th, 2020, 4:57 pm
Nov 4th, 2020, 11:38 am
I read on my e-reader as much as possible, I'm really hooked on it! I used to love paperbacks but now I don't anymore. I take it with where ever I go :-)
Nov 4th, 2020, 11:38 am
Nov 22nd, 2020, 6:21 am
Beetzart wrote:
Likassa wrote:I read everything I can on my e-book reader (I have Pocket book). If some pdf are not converted into other formats I have to read on my laptop or mobile.

And when I buy books on Amazon I also have to read them on either on the laptop or the phone cause I can't find how to download them on my computer to convert them and copy them into my reader.

You should use Calibre. It’s a free app. After downloading your book from Amazon to your harddrive, you can import it in Calibre. You can convert it to for instance the epub format and then upload it to your ereader. It is really easy to use and it does a great job.

Calibre cannot satisfactorily convert pdfs into epub. Kovid could do it, but it would be illegal.
Nov 22nd, 2020, 6:21 am
Dec 27th, 2020, 8:52 pm
Kindle Paperwhite.

Occasionally on my phone as well.
But i usually bring my kindle everywhere i go. lol
Dec 27th, 2020, 8:52 pm
Dec 28th, 2020, 9:31 am
I read all my books in my old Cybook Gen 3 I bought back in 2009. At the beginning I had some problems (the ereader was occasionally freezing), but with the latest firmware update everything is fine.
Dec 28th, 2020, 9:31 am
Dec 29th, 2020, 8:22 am
RedRiver wrote:Phone, tablets or other devices?

I usually read on my phone. I use epub reader since it can accommodate most formats.
Dec 29th, 2020, 8:22 am
Dec 30th, 2020, 3:43 am
i have an older iPad mini that i use exclusively for reading. The app I use to read with on it is Marvin, which has a few features that i have come to depend on. When reading non-fiction being able to highlight a name or phrase and perform a search is invaluable! I originally had a Sony, then an early Kobo - both of which I found unreliable.
Dec 30th, 2020, 3:43 am
Dec 31st, 2020, 4:57 pm
anyarom188 wrote:
RedRiver wrote:Phone, tablets or other devices?

I usually read on my phone. I use epub reader since it can accommodate most formats.

How big is your phone?
Dec 31st, 2020, 4:57 pm
Dec 31st, 2020, 5:14 pm
This is not intended as critticism but it escapes me how someone, I presume a serious reader, is able to read on any device other than a dedicated ereader. I mean ereaders, be it Kindle or Kobo, have so many advantages. Probably one of the most pressing ones is that the e-ink screen is so much better for the eyes than a backlit display of a phone or tablet.
Dec 31st, 2020, 5:14 pm