Jun 3rd, 2020, 12:34 pm
I generally read all fiction (b&w, no pictures) on the Kindle which works well.
I generally read non-fiction in Books, either on my Mac or by side-loading onto an iPad Pro (AirDrop works very well for me). And I avoid the Kindle app on any device . . . just don't like it.

Sometimes I want to have a quick look at a book before I have gone through my own {possibly OCD!} workflow of putting the title in Calibre, then adding it to whichever device it's going to live on. For a PDF I can either open in Adobe Reader or Preview. For an ePub I right-click: Open With > ebook View app (which is a standalone of the Calibre viewer).

But I'm not wild about the Calibre viewer and wondered if there is a decent alternative? Nothing leaps out at me from the App Store . . . but wiser minds than mine live at Mobilism 8)

thanks in advance.
Jun 3rd, 2020, 12:34 pm
Jan 1st, 2021, 7:21 pm
Not to be obtuse, but is the macOS native "Books" app (fka iBooks) not a sufficient quick-look reader for ePUBs? I've also used Murasaki in the past, if you're looking to avoid having everything you open show up in your iBooks library (which I find a bit annoying, if I'm just previewing).
Jan 1st, 2021, 7:21 pm
Jan 1st, 2021, 8:43 pm
Thanks, not obtuse at all :)
In the absence of an alternative I often preview in iBooks, and then delete.
Jan 1st, 2021, 8:43 pm