Jun 3rd, 2020, 7:10 pm
Can anyone possibly help?

Recently, I have downloaded books in .epub. I have imported them into Calibre (V4.17) and tried to convert them into .mobi. Usually this is not a problem but since the day before yesterday, I have noticed that the books wont convert. I did some research on this site & I downloaded & installed the DRM stripping plug in to Calibre but it doesn't seem to help. Any advice on what to do? :?:

I can edit the book & read it, through Calibre if that's important.

Thanks
Jun 3rd, 2020, 7:10 pm

Jun 4th, 2020, 6:23 am
Will they convert to .azw? If so, do that then convert to mobi. That's a workaround until you get a definitive answer.

I'm going to assume you got the book here. If you give me a link to the topic, I can try it myself but I just did a conversion on a book I d/l'ed tonight and it worked fine (ugly result, but it did work).
Jun 4th, 2020, 6:23 am

Use this. It's free. https://www.libraryextension.com/
A link to my family's fiction wishlist is posted in my profile.
Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
No PDFs, PDF conversions or archive.org scans (I can get those myself).
Jun 5th, 2020, 10:09 pm
Anonyma'am wrote:Will they convert to .azw? If so, do that then convert to mobi. That's a workaround until you get a definitive answer.

I'm going to assume you got the book here. If you give me a link to the topic, I can try it myself but I just did a conversion on a book I d/l'ed tonight and it worked fine (ugly result, but it did work).

Thanks, I haven't tried that but I will give it a shot! I don't have a lot to loose!
Jun 5th, 2020, 10:09 pm

Jun 7th, 2020, 1:10 pm
I have exactly the same problem. I’ve followed the guides to the letter but it just won’t remove the drm from my books no matter what I try.
Jun 7th, 2020, 1:10 pm
Jun 7th, 2020, 11:31 pm
Accountant1usa said they could read the book in Calibre which means the DRM is gone.

Conradf1970, will you PM me a link to a book you know to be DRMed? I'll give it a shot.
Jun 7th, 2020, 11:31 pm

Use this. It's free. https://www.libraryextension.com/
A link to my family's fiction wishlist is posted in my profile.
Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
No PDFs, PDF conversions or archive.org scans (I can get those myself).
Jun 10th, 2020, 11:21 am
@Anonyma’am
Thanks for taking the time to help out.

Stay safe
Jun 10th, 2020, 11:21 am