Jul 13th, 2020, 2:21 pm
guys, i have a question regarding retail version, how do i know a book is retail? is it have isbn? hd cover?
Jul 13th, 2020, 2:21 pm
Jul 13th, 2020, 7:46 pm
This will give you a general idea, but read the posts beyond the definition because Releasers rarely, if ever, note the version number.
viewtopic.php?p=1194648#p1194648

You need to decide what you will accept as "retail". For example, if the original format is a purchased .azw3, then is a extracted .epub also retail? What about if a purchased .epub is *converted* to .mobi? PDF to any other format will never be retail quality - at least not at this time.

BTW, not all books have an ISBN number. Those need to be purchased and not all authors can/will shell out the funds for one.

Covers can easily be changed.

Live links inside the book and pages inserted by the publisher (a major publisher) are things I look for. I really hope someone else posts their clues!

I guess - for me - it comes down to who I trust, whether I saw that book just posted on another site, and how important it really is that I have a "pure retail" version.
Jul 13th, 2020, 7:46 pm

Use this. It's free. https://www.libraryextension.com/
A link to my family's fiction wishlist is posted in my profile.
Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
No PDFs, PDF conversions or archive.org scans (I can get those myself).
Jul 15th, 2020, 8:29 am
I've read that thread before, thanks for the reply it's give me some insight

Anonyma'am wrote:This will give you a general idea, but read the posts beyond the definition because Releasers rarely, if ever, note the version number.
viewtopic.php?p=1194648#p1194648

You need to decide what you will accept as "retail". For example, if the original format is a purchased .azw3, then is a extracted .epub also retail? What about if a purchased .epub is *converted* to .mobi? PDF to any other format will never be retail quality - at least not at this time.

BTW, not all books have an ISBN number. Those need to be purchased and not all authors can/will shell out the funds for one.

Covers can easily be changed.

Live links inside the book and pages inserted by the publisher (a major publisher) are things I look for. I really hope someone else posts their clues!

I guess - for me - it comes down to who I trust, whether I saw that book just posted on another site, and how important it really is that I have a "pure retail" version.
Jul 15th, 2020, 8:29 am