Nov 3rd, 2020, 9:52 pm
Often, when I downloaded e-books from here, the description field is truncated.

A description like this:
The New York Times bestselling author of The Benedict Option draws on the wisdom of Christian survivors of Soviet persecution to warn American Christians of approaching dangers.
For years, émigrés from the former Soviet bloc have been telling Rod Dreher they see telltale signs of "soft" totalitarianism cropping up in America—something more Brave New World than Nineteen Eighty-Four. Identity politics are beginning to encroach on every aspect of life. Civil liberties are increasingly seen as a threat to "safety". Progressives marginalize conservative, traditional Christians, and other dissenters. Technology and consumerism hastens the possibility of a corporate surveillance state. And the pandemic, having put millions out of work, leaves our country especially vulnerable to demagogic manipulation.
In Live Not By Lies, Dreher amplifies the alarm sounded by the brave men and women...

despite the description in the post being longer. In the ebook, it is this tag:
Code: Select all<description xmlns="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"

Is there a reason for this? When I manually edit a book in Calibre and save it, this tag can be longer.
Nov 3rd, 2020, 9:52 pm
Nov 4th, 2020, 12:30 pm
The thing is the text in the description is obviously copied rfom somewhere on the web (just google it). But it is not included in its entirety - and I wonder why? This is systematically happening with most pirated books that I ever came across.
Nov 4th, 2020, 12:30 pm