May 18th, 2021, 6:22 am
In Usenet, a post just went up asking if something has happened to PsychoPath who posts ebook packs. A response:

> I haven't seen any recent posts. Hope the missing days are a vacation
> rather than something serious.

There was a lull in Trainpacks (PsychoPath's source). The latest,
2021-062, was just made available, so I'd guess we'd see it posted
shortly (unless PsychoPath really is on vacation or something.)

Could someone tell me where to get the Trainpacks? I have thought up to now that PyschoPath sourced the material from one of the 2 IRC groups.
May 18th, 2021, 6:22 am
Jun 24th, 2021, 3:41 am
As an update, Psychopath has not posted since 066 was released; a few posts in usenet went out on this, and one person replied that IRC has not made another Trainpack (067) which is why Psychopath has been absent the past 2 weeks from usenet.

The question now is,,, does anyone know if I can obtain those Trainpacks directly myself out of usenet when they are available?

Copy/paste:
> There hasn't been any trainpacks past 066 yet. He will post when IRC
> has the next trainpack.
Jun 24th, 2021, 3:41 am
Feb 6th, 2022, 11:03 pm
If anyone is interested, I discovered the source of Trainpacks. It's the irc group #ebooks that assembles the files, then someone in that group who appears in usenet as Psychopath simply posts them. The 2022 trainpacks began posting the other day - up through the end of January they were still listed as 2021, presumably because Psychopath was still using material harvested by #ebooks through the end of 2021.

Go into irc highway #ebooks and use !Trainpacks; this will show the last entry. I don't know if previous numbered packs are available (for 2021 and previous years) since I loathe trying to get into irc.

Previously (or praps simultaneously) the packs were being posted in 200mb files in MediaFire but the person who had been doing it stopped a number of years ago.
Feb 6th, 2022, 11:03 pm