Jan 16th, 2013, 9:49 pm
This topic is making me crazy.

I think that Bo said it before, not even buying it assures you of "retail" quality (whatever that is) so why fret over it? Either accept what you have or take action, fix it if you can, don't if you can't or won't but don't try to hold everything and everyone up to YOUR standards, it only leads to fruitless discussions. And a bit of disappointment.
Jan 16th, 2013, 9:49 pm

Image Image
Jan 16th, 2013, 10:46 pm
zackddog wrote:This topic is making me crazy.

I think that Bo said it before, not even buying it assures you of "retail" quality (whatever that is) so why fret over it? Either accept what you have or take action, fix it if you can, don't if you can't or won't but don't try to hold everything and everyone up to YOUR standards, it only leads to fruitless discussions. And a bit of disappointment.

Thanks Zack. I couldn't agree more.
Jan 16th, 2013, 10:46 pm

Check ALL links before sending me a ReUPLOAD request.
Jan 17th, 2013, 8:55 am
kartpai wrote:Exactly my point (I fear I hadn't even heard of A.B.E )there is no "official entity" as in recognized by amazon,kindle etc something which can be accepted universally .

You actually expect some "entity" like ABE which pirates books by scanning, proofreading and releasing them for free on the Internet to be recognized by amazon, kindle etc., as "official"??

The fact that many people had never heard of ABE-books system doesn't mean it isn't universally accepted where it is supposed to be accepted, the universe where it was born and has been gospel for over 10 years, aka "the Scene". Of course publishers and retailers don't enter this equation, for obvious reasons. And it wouldn't make sense for them to version their own retail files by degrees of quality, would it?
Jan 17th, 2013, 8:55 am