Mar 7th, 2013, 6:02 am
i would like any of the Shannara series from terry brooks. so what book would you want
Mar 7th, 2013, 6:02 am
Mar 7th, 2013, 12:12 pm
A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin
Mar 7th, 2013, 12:12 pm
Mar 8th, 2013, 2:05 am
My pet peeve, is that there have bee several versions of Chronicles of Narnia, but no one ever makes "The Magician's Nephew", or "The Horse and His Boy" into a movie, and they are the best books as far as I am concerned. Apart from these two, "Ender's Game" would take to the screen really well I think, if they could find such an incredible boy.
Mar 8th, 2013, 2:05 am
Mar 8th, 2013, 2:12 am
Books that I would like to see as movies are the rest of the series of unfortunate events. They only made the first three or four into one movie, but neglected the rest.
Mar 8th, 2013, 2:12 am
Mar 8th, 2013, 5:49 pm
I'd like a more proper Percy Jackson movie . Without butchering the story and aging the characters . With a serious approach like the Harry Potter series rather than just throwing in random elements from the book and patching up a rough movie to make some quick cash and then quitting .

I hope they continue making the Narnia movies (without making too many changes) .

The "Is there anybody there?" series by Jacqueline Wilson .Perhaps the least popular among her works . I can imagine it being a great movie , especially if Peter Jackson makes it :D There are two books so far . I have only the second . Been searching for the first part for about 6 six years :( If anyone has "Is There Anybody There ? : Spirit Raising" , please upload it .

A proper Sherlock Holmes movie . The movies so far dumb him down (eg :BBC series) or downright insult him(Eg:Guy Ritchie movies) . I can understand having to make changes when turning a book into a movie . They are two different mediums after all and movies have many limitations . But the SH stories are almost like a movie script - fast paced , action packed , abstract - there's no reason why anyone should make such drastic changes .
Mar 8th, 2013, 5:49 pm
Mar 9th, 2013, 12:08 am
I wish there was an English version of Russian Sherlock Holmes! I am really curious what your judgement would be :)
Mar 9th, 2013, 12:08 am
Mar 9th, 2013, 1:32 am
For me, I'd love to see the movies for Eldest, Brisingr, and Inheritence. There's already been a movie made out of Eragon, so I'd love to see the rest of the series made into a movie.

I'd also like to see the Glass series (by Maria V. Snyder) made into movies. :]
Mar 9th, 2013, 1:32 am
Mar 9th, 2013, 2:38 am
@ LH agree with you there elf percy jackson could have been made into a better movie

@The kat
When I 1st saw eragon (movie) i thought it was a spoof. The cast were not right for the characters (except for the brom guy)

I would like to see The Name of the Wind - Patrick Rothfuss ,Rangers apprentice series ,Naomi Novik - Temeraire ,Green Simon R. - Secret History ,Matthew Reilly - Scarecrow ,R.A salvatore all his Drizzt Do'Urden books
Mar 9th, 2013, 2:38 am
Mar 9th, 2013, 8:57 am
I had liked the Eragon series before . I didn't mind the similarities it had with LOTR . That was what made me like it infact . The books had a nice fantasy ambience too . Sure , some of the characters who were supposed to be heroic had me disgusted and the writing was a tad immature here and there . After all Paoloni was just a teen when he wrote them . But then I watched Star Wars and now I just can't like Eragon . I'd heard people say Eragon is a SW rippoff . I thought they were overreacting . But the SW movies were almost spoiled for me because I had read Eragon first :o

I'd also like The Ranger's Apprentice . I think Jeremy Irons who played Brom will made a good Halt . What do you think kartpai ? I hear they're planning a movie :D It better be good .

Russian Sherlock Holmes ? I just googled it . People sure seem pleased with it . But this too is not a proper adaptation . It's just based on the books . Nevertheless , I think I'll give it a try . There's got to be English subtitles right ? :D

And then there's 39 clues . They're planning a movie for this too . But the series is rather huge by now(16 books released and more planned) . The kids in the books don't age through the 16 books . Each book covers only a few days . But that won't be possible for whichever kids act in the movies . If it's one movie per book per year , it'd take more than 20 years as the series gets bigger . Guess they'll have to do with a movie based on the books :wink: Or maybe they'll cut off a lot of stuff that aren't really necessary in a movie as opposed to a book and fit 3-5 books in one movie .
Mar 9th, 2013, 8:57 am
Mar 9th, 2013, 11:00 am
I didn't checked it earlier but yes, there is a torrent with Russian Sherlock Holmes subbed in English.

http://torrentzal.ru/catalog/more/22396/, in case if one day you feel like watching it and if you'd like to see how foreigners perceive the British :lol: 11 episodes, approximately 1 hour in duration each, 11 GB of size for the whole collection. No need to register, just hit the green button Скачать Torrent...
Mar 9th, 2013, 11:00 am
Mar 9th, 2013, 1:48 pm
:lol:

Thanks . I'm downloading it right now :D
Mar 9th, 2013, 1:48 pm
Mar 11th, 2013, 6:08 am
The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
Mar 11th, 2013, 6:08 am
Mar 11th, 2013, 8:56 pm
Angelfall by Susan Ee or Finnikin of The Rock by Melina Marchetta. If both or one of them became a movie it would be truly awesome!
Mar 11th, 2013, 8:56 pm
Mar 12th, 2013, 1:45 am
siluasap wrote:A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin

Check this one out: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0495596/ ;)
Mar 12th, 2013, 1:45 am

Emeritus Movie Moderator