Jun 28th, 2013, 8:55 pm
Am i the only one who is concerned about John Ringo's tendency to start new series before completing the ones he already has in the works?

for instance..

Posleen War 12 books broken up into a few side storys (main book arc is 4 books) last book 2009
Troy Rising 3 books last book 2011
Paladin of Shadows 6 books last book (FINALLY a new book :) 2013)
Looking Glass 4 books last book 2008
Special Circumstances 2 books last book 2012

etc etc.. Don't get me wrong i absolutely love 99% of his books. But is it just me? or does he seem to be the type of writer that never finishes what he starts?
On his website's forums the number one question seems to be when the next book for (insert series name) is going to come out.

going back and looking at the list .. i don't think john ringo has completed a single one of his series.

Definition of completed in my opinion = Finished the main storyline

I have read everything he has written.. Just hope he doesn't die before finishing up at least of few of these series.

ugg this short post turned into a long one.. sorry.
Jun 28th, 2013, 8:55 pm

My accounts have been deleted, so if you find dead links:
Please PM ME, DO NOT post in my threads!
Thank you.
Jun 29th, 2013, 2:47 am
Now that I think of it, you're right.

Dammit and dammit again! Now I'm gonna be all worried about him kicking the bucket before he finishes them off.

Thank You wolfgarr. Really, thank you. I guess that global warming wasn't enough for me to worry about.
Jun 29th, 2013, 2:47 am

Image Image
Jun 30th, 2013, 4:23 am
Not really. I don't think there are ANY good writers who WANT to close off a possible future book in a storyline by killing the story at a certain point. Yes, it is nice when a set story comes to a close, such as a trilogy or what have you. But why limit themselves if they don't have to do so? Besides, maybe he isn't done telling that particular story yet. I have seen more than one author who has written a trilogy - and then later written books four, five, ... of that story.

And, by the way, he has another new series. Check out "Under a Graveyard Sky." :D
Jun 30th, 2013, 4:23 am

"We Gladly Feast on Those Who Would Subdue Us." - Addams Family
Jun 30th, 2013, 5:17 am
Yea i already read it :P read it the day it was posted here.. Great story cant wait for the next book...

Like i said... I have read everything the man has written.
Jun 30th, 2013, 5:17 am

My accounts have been deleted, so if you find dead links:
Please PM ME, DO NOT post in my threads!
Thank you.
Jun 30th, 2013, 5:54 am
wolfgarr wrote:Like i said... I have read everything the man has written.

:lol: Unfortunately (or, fortunately), I haven't read everything he has written ... yet. But I do have (and have posted!) almost everything he has written. Just a matter of time. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jun 30th, 2013, 5:54 am

"We Gladly Feast on Those Who Would Subdue Us." - Addams Family
Jul 16th, 2013, 8:40 pm
Actually I have noticed the same thing. From what I gather from his website he gets bored easily and has to start a new series with a different setting/genre/whatever to relieve the boredom. It's not so much that he can't finish a series but that he's more interested in starting new ones.

If you want something from him which is complete, try anything that he writes in collaboration. The best IMHO being Empire of Man (with Weber).
Jul 16th, 2013, 8:40 pm
Jul 20th, 2013, 8:00 am
luckily, i'm pretty sure john ringo is actually an AI located somewhere in the baen basement, it's the only explanation i can come up with for how quickly he cranks out books.
Jul 20th, 2013, 8:00 am

There's no review so damning as no one loving your work enough to preserve it.

- the external all my uploads lived on has died by cat. I'm unable to reupload anything from pre 2015.
Jul 25th, 2013, 9:06 pm
I thought the Troy rising series was finished. I hope it is not because I love that series.
However, all the other series you are right Wolfgarr, he does have a problem finishing them. I have been waiting for the next council wars book to come out forever.
Of course John Ringo is not the only author I'm worried about, George RR Martin comes to mind also.
Jul 25th, 2013, 9:06 pm
Jul 26th, 2013, 1:22 am
yeah, after a ten year gap and dmca'ing fan fiction, martins dead to me.
Jul 26th, 2013, 1:22 am

There's no review so damning as no one loving your work enough to preserve it.

- the external all my uploads lived on has died by cat. I'm unable to reupload anything from pre 2015.
Aug 13th, 2013, 5:26 am
Didn't know that GRRM had done that. Suckage. But yeah, JR needs to at least finish one set soon.
Aug 13th, 2013, 5:26 am
Sep 8th, 2013, 1:53 am
John writes incredibly fast. But he is a burst worker, and like a troll from the Discworld universe, works better when it is cold out. Empire of Man isn't finished. He's working on the next book now IIRC. For that, he had to wait on the main outline from David.
Sep 8th, 2013, 1:53 am
Dec 22nd, 2013, 7:32 am
Heh totally agree with everyone here but I'm more worried about Dietz biting the bullet before he finishes the legion of the damned as well as RR martian then man doesn't look very good. This actually happened to me before with chris bunch really getting old that all of my fav authors are all old timers on there last limb.
Dec 22nd, 2013, 7:32 am
Dec 22nd, 2013, 10:28 am
It's a bit of a concern but at the same time I am glad that he keeps coming out with new storylines because I like pretty much everything I've read of his so it can only be good for there to be more out there to read.
Dec 22nd, 2013, 10:28 am
Jul 15th, 2014, 4:40 am
C'mon the man has to vary what he works on or his brain will fry. Worst comes to worst he'll farm some of it out. He's co-authored before. Beyond that he's a relatively young man with years in front of him. Hey I worried that either I or Phillip Jose Farmer would die before he finished Riverworld. And biting my nails that David Gerrold gets back to the War with the Cthorr. I'm 56 years old so I figure I'll be around a while...
Jul 15th, 2014, 4:40 am
Jul 15th, 2014, 5:22 am
LordBlair wrote:Of course John Ringo is not the only author I'm worried about, George RR Martin comes to mind also.

And George R. R. Martin appreciates your concerns. Oh no, what... he doesn't:

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2014/j ... of-thrones

:lol:
Jul 15th, 2014, 5:22 am

Links dead? Need re-up? PM me.

Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is Lost Carcosa.